Brits visiting Canada detained after accidentally driving into USA

And it seems no one is even disputing the squalid conditions of the facilities or how they were treated. The discrepancy only seems to be on why they were there and detained. So the deplorable conditions are unacceptable even if the detainment turns out to be legitimate. It seems some ppl can defend most anything

Is there a need? If the part of their story about how they ended up over the US border is false, I'm most likely not going to give much credit to anything else they have to say.

However, there is this
US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) confirmed the family was in detention at the BFRC facility in Leesport, Pennsylvania.
A spokesman for the agency told the BBC that BFRC "provides a safe and humane environment for families as they go through the immigration process".
"Reports of abuse or inhumane conditions at BFRC are unequivocally false," he added.

So yes, it is being disputed.

And it seems no one is even disputing the squalid conditions of the facilities or how they were treated. The discrepancy only seems to be on why they were there and detained. So the deplorable conditions are unacceptable even if the detainment turns out to be legitimate. It seems some ppl can defend most anything
They were treated like criminals. They are criminals. Most criminals in the USA have their children placed in foster care when there is nobody to take care of them while they are in custody. They were lucky they got to keep the baby.

I don't believe that a baby was forced to sleep on the cold floor with no clothes.

The minute you start talking about how bad noodle soup tastes while talking about your baby being forced to sleep on the ground with metal blankets, you lose all credibility with me. I don't find any of this believable.

I guess they know how undocumented Mexican families feel, except at least they were able to stay with the children. It is all horrifying.
Agree this is a very controversial issue but it's really not the same. The idea that they were attempting to enter the US illegally has not really been verified, not was it possible for them to have entered Canada irregularly.

A bear or maybe a moose?

I know the bear population is as far south as the Long Island shore of CT. No idea how far down moose have reached. Either animal could make me change course, LOL.

A bear or maybe a moose?

I know the bear population is as far south as the Long Island shore of CT. No idea how far down moose have reached. Either animal could make me change course, LOL.

There are bears all over the place in TN. Never heard of anyone making a detour!

Besides, here you are a stranger in a country. Supposedly not familiar with the area and an animal makes you take a turn down a strange road that just happens to take you across the border. Riiiigggghhhttt.

A bear or maybe a moose?

There are moose in NY and NH

Yeah, wow. These people are a bit too over the top to be believable. And living right along the border I have never known anyone to "accidentally" cross due to an animal or any other reason. If they are permanently traumatized and devastated and scarred etc...they should just wrap themselves in a bubble in their basement and call it a day.

OK, I see how this could have happened.

I looked on Google maps where this "detour" supposedly happened. It is all rural farmland on both sides of the border. Not heavily wooded, so a bear or moose is unlikely. Perhaps a deer.

In spots there are parallel roads on each side of the border separated by what appears to be a 10 to 15 foot wide grass strip with a slight ditch. The road are wide enough to swerve to avoid an unexpected animal. No cross roads connecting the two parallel roads except at the official border crossing.

If an animal appeared suddenly and you quickly swerved at highway speed into the US to avoid it you'd probably damage your vehicle or at least get jostled around. But apparently they went on their merry way before being apprehended.

If they slowed down after noticing an animal in the road, why cross the median at a slow speed? Just wait for it to pass. US Border Control claims they have video of the vehicle "slowly and deliberately crossing the ditch."

Avenue 0 (Zero) on the left in Canada. Boundary Road on the right in the US.

https://www.google.com/maps/@49.002...4!1sJT4lgT351sNeLAczOaDzDw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Yeah, wow. These people are a bit too over the top to be believable. And living right along the border I have never known anyone to "accidentally" cross due to an animal or any other reason. If they are permanently traumatized and devastated and scarred etc...they should just wrap themselves in a bubble in their basement and call it a day.
IF the story is true, you don’t think it might be traumatic to be in a jail cell trying to care for your 3 mos old baby terrified someone would take him from you? As a mother, I can definitely understand that being traumatic.

Yeah, wow. These people are a bit too over the top to be believable.

An animal caused them to detour. Must have been the size of a blue whale.
The soup her husband was served wasn't fit for animals.
The blanket she received smelled like a dead dog.

Apparently Canada wouldn't let them back in (why should they? It's not their problem.) and it appears the UK is in no hurry to get them back home.

IF the story is true, you don’t think it might be traumatic to be in a jail cell trying to care for your 3 mos old baby terrified someone would take him from you? As a mother, I can definitely understand that being traumatic.
I imagine every parent that commits a crime is traumatized by what will become of their child. It's why parents should try their very best not to break the law. You don't get exempt just because you have children.

Again, this woman is very lucky she was able to keep her child. Most Americans that are incarcerated do not have that option.

There is so much more to this story, I am sure. It sure has me curious!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter