Brown Derby Lounge

Jrits

DIS Veteran
Is this counter service? How are the lines usually? Do people go in with kids bc I see there's alcohol

It is TS with a very limited menu, not counter service. Can't answer the rest of your questions.

Very small area, you get in line for a table, timing is everything as it can be long.
Limited menu as it's a lounge.
Yes I have seen some older kids but .... many are high top small bar tables.
I know it would be uncomfortable with young kids, they have to stay in their bar stools.
So waiting for regular table could be even longer.
We enjoyed it but we split some food as appetizers and drank.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/hollywood-studios/hollywood-brown-derby-lounge/menus/

HBD888000LARGE.jpg

We see kids even sitting at bars at WDW so I am sure toddlers etc are found in the Brown Derby Lounge.

Yes, we have seen many kids eat here. I believe that they will let them order off of the kid's menu from inside. We really enjoy eating here and like it that they don't rush you. We haven't taken our children here because I don't think they would want to sit still this long through a leisurely "snack", not to mention the fortune it would cost me to fill them up! My children usually eat off of the regular menu because they are more adventurous than most kids meal items and the portion sizes are not big enough for them (they are 6 and 10, the teenage years are going to really hurt my wallet!).

I've waited a few minutes to over an hour to get a table. I would recommend arriving about 20-30 minutes before they open to minimize the wait time.

I've usually had no problems getting a table - but I tend to go on off-times (like between 2-4, after lunch, before dinner). The Cobb Salad is one of my favorite items on the BD menu, so I love that they offer a smaller version out in the lounge area. The sliders are really good, too!

Is this counter service? How are the lines usually? Do people go in with kids bc I see there's alcohol

1) The "lounge" is an open-air bar.
2) Yes, kids do sit at the tables with adults.
3) No ADR's, just wait in line until a table is available.
4) Dining Plans (DDP) not accepted.

From Eatery Description:
Disney's Hollywood Studios
Hollywood Boulevard
Valid Park Admission Required
American Cuisine
Lounges

$ ($14.99 and under per adult) More Information Beginning of tooltip content Range reflects the average price of adult dinner entrées (breakfast and lunch generally cost less), except Character Dining locations, buffet locations, dinner shows, and special dining events where range reflects the average adult price of entire meal and non-alcoholic beverages. Range excludes alcoholic beverages, taxes and gratuities except at dinner shows where beer and wine, taxes and gratuities are included. End of tooltip content
Dining Plans Not Accepted

Last edited:

I really like this area at the Studios. Tables against the wall are shaded from the sun in the afternoon making it for a nice spot to chill and do some people watching.

The menu is limited but the offerings are good and it is just a chill place to relax. One of our favourites around property in the parks.

I seem to recall that HBD actually HAD a real bar upstairs--inside. Had lots of plush cushions and chairs.

Don't believe you could get a meal there though---

Does anyone know if you can order appetizers from the restaurant and be seated in the lounge? There are a few different items, so just wondering.

Saw lots of children in strollers there during mid to late afternoon; less at night time.

Was one of my DH's favorite meals last year. We had a bottle of wine, a Cobb Salad, and some other appetizers. And watched the people. GREAT experience!

And we saw couples, groups of adults, and families while we were there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter