Buena Vista Scooter Rentals at The Boardwalk -combined thread

Mike - sorry, I've been ill, and forgot to check :umbrella:

Anyway, either company is great - and you've still got the security of Buena Vista Scooters being open until 11 every night onsite, for repairs. The other companies close around 7, and of course you'd have to pay, but at least they're there. I'm pretty sure I'm going with Scootarama this trip.

I have used scooterama twice and am using them later this month without any difficulties. I was tempted to rent form the boardwalk and try it but pricewise scooterama won out. Paulette:thumbsup2

Am renting from them Sept 15-21,will post when we return and give a review.Keeping my fingers crossed were real polite over the phone.

I also just made a reservation for my mom starting on the 17th. He said they had a lot of reservations right now, so we weren't able to get it on the 16th as we originally wanted, but he said it would be in the lobby by 7:30 am on Monday (17th). I'll also try to post a review here as well.

I need to get my rental situation lined up for our October trip. :goodvibes

I have always used Walker in the past and been happy. Not the snazzy new ECVs that Buena Vista seems to have, but they are fine, I'm used to them, and I have never had a problem.

Hmmmmm.....

I would LOVE to hear of anyone's experience with them.

:wave: Cupcake

I was thinking of renting from them for mousefest because I am afraid of whst will happen to my scooter on the plane..
Wonder if I should bring mine or rent from scootarama or buena vista..
Deb

I am also always concerned about airlines and my scooter however if they do damage it they are responsible for FULL REPAIR or REPLACEMENT cost, and they must provide you with one to use at your destination.
Now true replacement takes time.
When I go in Nov. I am going to bring my own and rent one for hubby.

How much trouble was it to bring along your scooter? I will also be using Magical Express.. Will it just be way easier to just rent for the 3 days we will be there?
Deb

We picked up my mom's scooter from BVS on Monday morning. They said it would be at the front desk area of BWV by 7:30 am, and it was. It is a nice little scooter, but smaller than my mom expected it to be. We rented from Walker (I think) last time and she had more room for her legs on the one we got there. Also, the basket is fairly small and the seat, she says, is not as cushy, but comfortable enough. They may have larger scooters available as well, but I don't know the details on that. I've not been on the actual Boardwalk yet this trip to see their station near the surrey bikes, but I'll be heading that way tomorrow and will see what they have.

I made this reservation with only a few days' notice and they did not have any canopies available for us at the time. Also, he said that he was almost booked up for the week (which he seemed to be implying was not typical). If they're new, perhaps the word is getting around...as it is here on the DIS.

I'd be happy to answer any questions. We'll be using it until Friday evening and I'll be here for even longer.

I used them the end of July...it was really easy for me since we were staying at the Boardwalk. They were very nice and helpful. I rented one for 3 days due to 2 herniated discs in my back.

One day we were at MK and the scooter died from all the rain..within 45minutes (from the time I called them) they came with a new one for me without any questions. We are going back the end of Nov. and if I need one again will definitely use them.

We just returned from WDW(9/15-9/21. Rented scooter the Reva model. Delivered on time,never ran low of power,one small problem that was our fault about disasembly,called the Rep,he was there within 15 min,solved the problem and showed us in a polite way what we did wrong. 5.00 per day cheaper than disney and will fit easily in a intermediate size trunk,takes about 2 min to assemby and the same for disassembly. They are a new company,but excellent.

We just returned from WDW(9/15-9/21. Rented scooter the Reva model. Delivered on time,never ran low of power,one small problem that was our fault about disasembly,called the Rep,he was there within 15 min,solved the problem and showed us in a polite way what we did wrong. 5.00 per day cheaper than disney and will fit easily in a intermediate size trunk,takes about 2 min to assemby and the same for disassembly. They are a new company,but excellent.

Hi,

You were able to disassemble your scooter for transport? I emailed Buena Vista and asked if there machines were able to be disassembled and they replied that they were not. I would like to try this new company but I need to be able to transport.

Shelly

As I have been threatening since May, I was finally able to get to the Boardwalk with enough free time to talk to one of the people at Buena Vista Scooters.

This is not a new company. They have been in existence for over ten years, but they have recently have had a name change. They have been the ones who rent the surreys at BW and the bicycles at all on-property locations.

They will rent property wide, as well as to off-property locations. They will do free pickup and delivery.

They have three different models of ECV available; all from Pride Mobility. The facts below are from Pride's web site plus their prices:

$31.95 per day - Revo - 300 pound capacity, 4½ MPH Maximum speed, Heaviest section 48 pounds.

$31.95 per day - Celebrity X - 350 pound capacity, 6 MPH Maximum Speed, Heaviest section 56 pounds.

$40.00 per day - Maximus - 500 pound capacity, 5¼ MPH Maximum Speed, Heaviest section 72½ pounds.

Wheelchairs at $20.00 for the first day and then $10.00 for each additional day.

They will also rent power chairs for $40.00 per day. You have to let them know in advance what model you use and be able to provide them, in advance, with information about your settings.

They have a warehouse and repair shop on property, near the Port Orleans Resort. They have certified mechanics and can do repairs on ECVs and Power Chairs if you have brought your own and have problems with it.

They currently do not have any published discounts on multi-day rentals, but if you will be renting for more than a week they will be willing to discuss a discount when you make the reservation. Also, they will put a $500 hold on your credit card to make sure that the rental can be paid for and that you will bring their vehicle back.

Just returned from a week-long trip yesterday and we used them for a Celebrity X scooter.

My sister loved it...NEW condition, very mobile and easy to operate.
They had it waiting on us when we arrived and we simply left it in the lobby upon departure.

NO problems whatsoever with battery keeping an excellent charge all day and night !
Easy to handle, held great battery charge from morning to late nights, great delivery service....absolutely great...new equipment, and reasonable fees

Will absolutely use again!

if you look at this thread and think it looks different - you are correct.
There were 3 threads all on the exact same subject. I merged them all together to make it easier.

I hope to be trying them out today. I rented Disney scooter two days last week, and then read about this here late last night. I called around 9 or so last night, talked to Bob. He should be calling me in next thirty minutes or so.

Never knew how much a scooter could help whatg I hope to be a temporary back/leg walking problem.

Thanks for all the info on this board guys, very helpful. :thumbsup2

Just an update....Bob just called, said he would have a unit here at the Swan in about an hour. So far, so good.

Just an update....Bob just called, said he would have a unit here at the Swan in about an hour. So far, so good.
good luck, Dan.
glad it looks like you are getting what you need. hope your stay is more comfortable.

We were at WDW in May 07. We met 2 ladies that had rented Buena Vista Scooters. They were very please with them and recommended that we use this company next time we go the WDW. They were nicer and easier to handle that the scooter that WDW rents on premise.:coffee:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter