Buena Vista Scooter Rentals at The Boardwalk -combined thread

Interested in the larger weight model. DOes anyone know if it has a cord to plug in to charge battery or is it a large charger unit (like a car battery)? Rented one from Walker and it was a cumbersome battery that I had to charge in the room. Rented one from Randy's that plugged right into a standard outlet. Much more convenient. Willing to try BV for convenience sake but want a direct plug to charge. Tx

Used Buena Vista inSept07,and will be using them again in January.Had one minor problem in Mk parking lot,they were there within 10 min problem solved,great service.

I know there a 2 or 3 other favorite companies used for ECV's....my problem is going to be with them putting a $500 hold on my cc...I will be coming next year and have never been to WDW and I am also going to be doing the cruise....I cant have someone put a $500 hold on it...do all the other companies do that too? I live here in CA and the company I go through doesnt charge that...they do a $50 refundable deposit...and they have my cc info so if I didnt return it then they could bill me....I will be staying at the boardwalk...is it possible they could go around that seeing as I am staying on property?

More general than putting a hold on the CC, most of the rental locations will not charge (or will only charge a nominal amount) as a deposit and then will run the full amount through the day prior to arrival.

hello. sorry if I missed this but can anyone provide contact information for BV scooters rentals. I am interested in one for my Dad and possibly myself. He is 61 and has a bad knee. I have a herniated disc in my neck in it might come in handy.

thanks for any info you could give me:thumbsup2

Danielle

Hi and :welcome: to disABILITIES!

If you click on where it says "disABILTIES" at the top of this page it will take you to the Index. One of the top items is the "disABILTIES FAQ" which will gives lots of useful information, where people rent ECVs is on post 2.

Or, if you want an easier route, click on the link in my signature.

More general than putting a hold on the CC, most of the rental locations will not charge (or will only charge a nominal amount) as a deposit and then will run the full amount through the day prior to arrival.

Just as a 'heads up' for others...

I reserved (online) an ECV from Buena Vista, for our upcoming WDW vacation during December of 2008. Checked my CC account today (June), and found that they had already charged me for the full cost of the week long rental (c. 6 months in advance of providing service). What an unexpected surprise!

So do not count on only being charged a % 'deposit' at the time you place your reservations. Make certain that you can afford to pay it all up front, as you may be charged the full amount to your CC immediately. I'll be able to cover the charge ok, but it certainly took an unanticipated bite out of my Summer budget! :(

Just as a 'heads up' for others...

I reserved (online) an ECV from Buena Vista, for our upcoming WDW vacation during December of 2008. Checked my CC account today (June), and found that they had already charged me for the full cost of the week long rental (c. 6 months in advance of providing service). What an unexpected surprise!

So do not count on only being charged a % 'deposit' at the time you place your reservations. Make certain that you can afford to pay it all up front, as you may be charged the full amount to your CC immediately. I'll be able to cover the charge ok, but it certainly took an unanticipated bite out of my Summer budget! :(

that is kind of disturbing!
good thing to know and I would put "when do I get charged and what amount" in my list of questions to ask when arranging a rental.

Do you really need to book in advance? Last August we didn't know we would need one and we just called them up, took about an hour for it to be delivered to our resort, no problem. We are going at Christmas time, if that is the case, we may need to book soon I guess?:confused3

Also, for those needing to rent strollers, they are the place to do it from, $20 first day, $10 each additional day for a double stroller!

ok, I called and left a message to these guys, hope to hear more testimpnies about Buena vista :) I see the celebrity looks comfortable, eill this model do well on the bus, and monorail ?? thanks

Hi,

My husband has his own scooter and I usually rent one at WDW. I saw all the talk about their scooters beeing easy to carry and assemble. Has anyone actually had to get one that they put together each time that they go to the park. Since my husband has a rack on the back of the car for his scooter, we would have to put the rental in the car itself. We do have a Chevy Suburban, but was worried about how heavy the pieces are for us to lift.

If someone has actually rented one that you assemble I sure would love to hear about it.

One month until WDW.

Thanks in Advance.

Peg

My personal ECV is a Celebrity-X. I have no problems with the monorails or larger boats. I do not do buses (but I have a lift on my Edge).

My personal ECV is a Celebrity-X. I have no problems with the monorails or larger boats. I do not do buses (but I have a lift on my Edge).

This looks like a wonderful scooter, but are you saying the celebrity will not do buses, or yours is modified? the celebrities look awsome and comfortable! I really want this one. but do want to be sure it works well on the busses to :)

This looks like a wonderful scooter, but are you saying the celebrity will not do buses, or yours is modified? the celebrities look awsome and comfortable! I really want this one. but do want to be sure it works well on the busses to :)
I think he doesn't do buses because he lives in Orlando and brings his own vehicle when he goes to the parks.
But, to park hop, boats and monorails are easier than driving to the next park.

Sue is correct. Since I have an outside lift on my Ford Edge, it tends to be easier to use the car if going between parks.

Usually going to/from MK I will use either the monorail or ferry, or if between MK and one of the resorts the monorail. Also if I am going to or between Epcot and DHS and one of the resorts between them I will take a boat. I will also sometimes (if convenient) take one of the Epcot Lagoon Friendships.

I've been on a tour where a bus was used and I had no problem; but it is just my preference to not use buses with the ECV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter