Busch Gardens VA and SeaworldFL

I recently bought six Platinum Passes for a total of $1506! However, they have a monthly pay program, where instead of paying $251 per ticket up front, you only pay about $10 per month for two years. Another good thing about that, is when your two years are up, you can continue to pay by the month and get benefits by the month. So if your 2 years are up and you are going to the parks next month, just keep paying monthly and your tickets will still be active. Stop paying, and your tickets expire.

Don't buy them until a week or two before you go, though. No reason to buy them early.

As for saving money on food, at BG Europe, we usually eat at Trappers Smokehouse or Das Festhaus. Both have superior food, and you can get plates big enough to share, especially with kids. If you do this, the price per person can be less than you would pay outside the park, for better food!

I love Trappers! So yummy! Ristorante della Piazza is also I good place to eat, big portions there too. I don't know if there any any smaller kids going but if you get their kids meals (spagetti and breadstick) and tell them no souvenier box, they will take off $1 and you get almost as much food as the other spagetti plate plus you get the breadstick for too, all for $5.

Did you mean Preferred Parking? I receive not only free parking with my Platinum pass, but also free preferred parking this season.

The parking that Platinum members get for free is called "Preferred" Parking at the AB parks.

Regular parking is $10.
Preferred parking is $20.
Pass holders getting free regular parking can upgrade to Preferred for $10.

We just got home from a wonderful Memorial Day from BG-W. Very small crowds and short line and wonderful weather!!

GShumaker, are you a Hokie? Just wondering because of your color scheme with your trip dates.

Teresa

GShumaker, are you a Hokie? Just wondering because of your color scheme with your trip dates.

Teresa

YEP - A DIE HARD HOKIE - BS Mechanical Engineering '86

Are you a Hokie too? I noticed our color schemes are very similar!!!

Like Disney the portions are very large and 2 can easily share at the CS meals. Our favorite is the Smokehouse and all Busch parks have one (different name depending on park); however, our kids love to eat at Das Festhaus (Williamsburg) near the time of a show.

Definately get a refillable drink cup (I think refills are ~1.00). Doesn't matter which park you purchase the cup at the refill price will be honored at all of the parks.

This is all EXCELLENT advice! Kudos! :thumbsup2

I carried around the same old souvenir cup (from when Journey to Atlantis opened, no less!) at the park for about six years before it was finally so worn and faded that I junked it. It's great! Just clip it onto your bag or belt and reap the rewards!

And I love the Smokehouse, in all forms, too!

YEP - A DIE HARD HOKIE - BS Mechanical Engineering '86

Are you a Hokie too? I noticed our color schemes are very similar!!!

I was suppose to be BS Mechanical Engineering '88, then switched to IEOR. I had a family emergency in 1988 and didn't graduate. Went back in 1999 to graduate in spring of 2000. Had another family emergency. Everytime I try to go back to finish, something bad happens. Hoping to be BS Industrial Engineering 2008 or 2009 now. I think everything will finally work out this time. The assistant Dean might give me my diploma without having to take that last class. Back in 2000 when he was my assistant department head, he did not want me to have to take that last class. He didn't have the authority to make that decision back then. Now he has the authority because he's the Assistant Dean. I really want to finish before my daughter graduates from high school next year.

Teresa

I was suppose to be BS Mechanical Engineering '88, then switched to IEOR. I had a family emergency in 1988 and didn't graduate. Went back in 1999 to graduate in spring of 2000. Had another family emergency. Everytime I try to go back to finish, something bad happens. Hoping to be BS Industrial Engineering 2008 or 2009 now. I think everything will finally work out this time. The assistant Dean might give me my diploma without having to take that last class. Back in 2000 when he was my assistant department head, he did not want me to have to take that last class. He didn't have the authority to make that decision back then. Now he has the authority because he's the Assistant Dean. I really want to finish before my daughter graduates from high school next year.

Teresa

WOW - that is tough - good luck with graduating before your daughter does!!

GO HOKIES!!

The parking that Platinum members get for free is called "Preferred" Parking at the AB parks.

Regular parking is $10.
Preferred parking is $20.
Pass holders getting free regular parking can upgrade to Preferred for $10.

We just got home from a wonderful Memorial Day from BG-W. Very small crowds and short line and wonderful weather!!

i am a platinum BG is my home park not only did i get free preferred parking there i got free preferred parking when i went to sesame place last week i cant wait till sea world in sept

I recently bought six Platinum Passes for a total of $1506! However, they have a monthly pay program, where instead of paying $251 per ticket up front, you only pay about $10 per month for two years. Another good thing about that, is when your two years are up, you can continue to pay by the month and get benefits by the month. So if your 2 years are up and you are going to the parks next month, just keep paying monthly and your tickets will still be active. Stop paying, and your tickets expire.

Don't buy them until a week or two before you go, though. No reason to buy them early.

Am I understanding this right? I can purchase the tickets on the payment plan and start using them next week. I don't have to wait until they are paid in full to start using them?

I would be going to Busch Gardens in Tampa first though, would that be a problem? Or could I go to SeaWorld Orlando first?

Karen

Am I understanding this right? I can purchase the tickets on the payment plan and start using them next week. I don't have to wait until they are paid in full to start using them?

I would be going to Busch Gardens in Tampa first though, would that be a problem? Or could I go to SeaWorld Orlando first?

Karen

That is correct - you make monthly payments for your annual pass and can use them starting day one.

VERY important!!! If you plan to purchase the BG Williamsburg Platinum and use it in Florida FIRST you need to tell them that so they will send you actual tickets and not vouchers! I almost made this mistake.

This is a great deal -- I saved a ton since we needed five passes and I am planning a Williamburg trip for Summer 2009!

I was hoping I could get preferred parking in Florida also so this is good news! Any chance about the ride again privileges and priority seating for shows in Florida? Do the passes look similar enough that they would let them through? Maybe just hoping...

VERY important!!! If you plan to purchase the BG Williamsburg Platinum and use it in Florida FIRST you need to tell them that so they will send you actual tickets and not vouchers! I almost made this mistake.

This is a great deal -- I saved a ton since we needed five passes and I am planning a Williamburg trip for Summer 2009!

I was hoping I could get preferred parking in Florida also so this is good news! Any chance about the ride again privileges and priority seating for shows in Florida? Do the passes look similar enough that they would let them through? Maybe just hoping...

Our platinums are from BG-W and I've used them in both SWs for preferred seating with no problems. I've got preferred parking at every park I've ever visited unless it was sold out!

What about ride again privileges on the coasters? Thanks!!! This makes me even happier that I'll be able to scoot in to see some shows at SeaWorld without having to camp out an hour before!

What about ride again privileges on the coasters? Thanks!!! This makes me even happier that I'll be able to scoot in to see some shows at SeaWorld without having to camp out an hour before!

You do NOT get ride again privileges in BG-W.

You DO have ride again privileges in all coasters in Seaworld and BG-A. Also preferred seating for all shows in Seaworld.

I am looking into buying my tickets today for our trip in 2 weeks. I was planning on buying the WB bounce ticket as we are staying for one week. The price is amazing but now you guys have me thinking that I should consider the season pass. Does anyone know if you can purchase the bounce ticket and then apply the cost to upgrade to the season pass?

Another question...is there a site (like DIS) that allows you to see menus with prices? I am looking into buying some dining certificates but I am unsure how many and if it is a good enough deal. It does not work like Disney where you get credits that you use through the day so if I get the most expensive certificate we need to eat all that food in one sitting, right? Also, how much is it to buy the souvinear mugs in the park? It is $5.99 if I purchase ahead of time.

Thank you so much for all the info. So nice to come here to get info on ALL vacation plans.

I was wondering if they would allow ride again privileges at BG-T and SeaWorld (along with the shows) with my Platinum BG-W pass? I ask this because the BG-W Platinum passes don't really have that benefit and was wondering the if ride/show operators would allow it in Orlando/Tampa with Williamburg passes.

Tripplanner2: I noticed you are planning a trip to Orlando next year so you might consider the platinum pass, especially if you want to visit Seaworld and Aquatica. The pass is also good at Sesame Place in PA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter