Business Trip to San Diego? I'M GOING TO DIDNEYRAND!!!!!-April 2013 TR*Update 11/18

I am on a roll catching up tonight!! :goodvibes

My iphone so DOES NOT take pictures like that!! My pictures are always so bad...but I do only have a 4S so maybe that's it. But those night pictures are great!! I would be bummed about Space Mtn with you! If you are there often then it being down isn't too terrible but when you don't get there for years at a time...:sad2:

Catching up is sometimes so hard, isn't it?

Mine at the time was a 4s actually. It always takes pretty good pictures. However, I did have to mess with it to figure out the best way to get it to focus to take good night pictures.

Space Mountain being down was the part that I was most upset about. I had been really looking forward to riding it.

Yep Mayo is good.. better than ketchup I think :thumbsup2

Sometimes, yes it is.

We had arrived at our last day in Disneyland. I knew this trip was going to be short, but it really felt like it flew for me. We had a later flight out of Santa Ana that day, so we had the opportunity to spend more time in the parks. The plan was to head to DCA for one last spin on Radiator Springs Racers (hey, I had to get my fill since I wasn't sure when I would be back!!).

We had packed up as much as we could the night before, so all we needed to do in the morning was pack the toiletries and then put everything in the car. After doing all of that, we got to the entrance in the Grand Californian at about 10 after 9. And let me tell you. There were so many people there! Like, insane. They were lined up all the way back to Whitewater Snacks, which was crazy. The line went pretty quickly, but it was a completely different thing than the 7am hours we had done.

We headed over to Starbucks once inside to get our coffee and then headed over to Carsland. We decided this time that we would all do the single rider line to save time, since we still wanted to head over to Disneyland for a little while later. Well, in typically Danielle fashion, I was wearing a cream colored striped top this day. And spilled some of my coffee on it while we were walking.

Why does this always happen when you wear something white? Seriously. I wear black, don't spill anything. Wear white and bam! All over the place.

Anyway, the single rider line got us on the ride in no time. Soon I was seeing this.

Pit stop!

After our ride, we decided to head over to the Cozy Cones to get some breakfast. I wanted to see the Cozy Cones, and I heard they had cone breakfasts, so how could I resist?

We all got bacon, egg, and cheese cones. They were really yummy!

Now, I may be saying that because I just love breakfast. Like, you gotta screw it up really bad in order for me to not like it.

I love these!

And Pop was clearly enjoying his breakfast cone.

While we ate our cones (I was definitely a fan of their portable nature), we walked towards Paradise Pier. Had to hit up Toy Story Mania again!

Dad and Jason rode together and I rode by myself. Jason had this theory that he could beat me if he wasn't riding with me.

Not possible. Jason had his face scraped across the floor again.

Apparently, there was a ghost in my car that was capable of scoring 200 points. :scared:

According to Jason, it was because Pop had learned how to steal points. Listen bro, whatever you need to tell yourself so you can sleep at night. Ha!

After this, we headed over to the Silly Symphony swings. Because people, any self respecting adults ride swings. It's a proven fact.

Don't you love how my Pop has "wild and crazy guy" hands going on?

Yay swings! True story. When I worked at Six Flags for many years, the swings were one of the rides that I managed on my side of the park. And every time I was on duty, I made sure to head over there and take a ride. Because swings make you feel young people!

After we were thoroughly swung around, we headed to Goofy's Sky School. I am definitely a bigger fan of this one rather than of Primeval Hurl in WDW. It's much more enjoyable without the spin factor!

Let me tell you, it is not easy to fit three adults into that tiny little car. We did it, but it wasn't easy. The ride was fun. It's just a basic mouse coaster, but the no spinning was a plus for me.

After that, Dad decided he was hungry, so he grabbed a hot link corn dog from this lovely location.

While Pop was eating his corn dog, we headed across the way to Disneyland. It was mainly for one reason. Jason wanted to pick up something specific for Jeni that was at the Pirates gift shop, and he had been unable to find it anywhere else.

Seriously, it's one of the bonuses of the parks being right across from each other. You just walk and you're there!

We made quick work of getting to the store that Jason needed so he could pick up the gift. It was a pink travel mug that said Pirate Princess. I wanted to go through Fantasy Faire at that point, because I had heard about these twists.

And the boysen apple freeze. I know it's somewhat similar to LeFou's Brew in New Fantasyland, but I liked this one with the addition of the boysenberry flavor. That made it ridiculously yummy.

After these snacks were procured, there was one final place that I wanted to go. That was back across the way at DCA. Because I didn't want to go to DCA without watching this.

My absolute favorite Disney show production.

I didn't take many pictures, because I just like to watch this show and enjoy. Jason had never seen it before, so I was looking forward to his reaction. He absolutely loved it and said that the Genie was amazing. Really, the entire reason to see this show is the Genie. He's just hysterical!

After the show had ended, it was almost time for us to head to the airport for our mid-afternoon flight. First, we got some linner (lunch/dinner you know), before heading out. We stopped at the restaurant on Paradise Pier to get some pizza and pasta.

The food was pretty yummy and we all enjoyed it very much. I think I dilly dallied a little bit while we were there, because I really didn't want to go home. But it was inevitable, and we were going to have to depart.

We slowly finished our meal, and headed back to the Grand Californian and into Downtown Disney. Delaying our departure a little bit more, we shopped a little bit to pick up gifts for the boys from D-Street.

At that point, I told the boys we couldn't procrastinate anymore, because we needed to return the car rental first.

We headed back to Paradise Pier to pick up the car and head to the airport. One of the perks of flying out of Santa Ana though is that it didn't take long. The one thing I didn't think of? There wasn't much of an opportunity for me to get gas, so I figured I would just have them fill it at Thrifty. I know it's more expensive, but not outrageous.

That is unless you return your car rental to the Thrifty in Santa Ana. Where they charge you $9.29 a gallon.

I literally passed out in the middle of the car rental. All, and I mean ALL, other car rental's I've had it's about $1 more per gallon. This was highway robbery! Thankfully, we didn't have much to fill, but it was ridiculous. So, if anyone flies out of Santa Ana, don't do what I did.

While we were waiting in the airport, I called my Mom to let her know we were there waiting to board. She was happy for us all to come home and said she missed us. Awwww, Momma. We missed you too.

Up next: Trip wrap-up and concluding thoughts.

We say "linner" in our house, too! I've never heard anyone else say it!

White shirts just attract stains, but coffee? It's hard to get that out.

Bummer about the gas price! I can't believe that!

Um, hold on a minute please.

BREAKFAST IN A CONE???

Yes, please!!!!!

Yes, it's true, light colors attract dark stains. Especially coffee. It's because cream (colors) and coffee go together. :rolleyes1

I always loved the swings as well. It was something I didn't miss when I was working at Six Flags either! ;) I do love that your dad is throwing the "cool as ice" hand signals up as well. LOL!

Linner must be an IL thing, because we say it too!

We say "linner" in our house, too! I've never heard anyone else say it!

White shirts just attract stains, but coffee? It's hard to get that out.

Bummer about the gas price! I can't believe that!

I used to think that linner was something only we said, so it's nice to know that more people say it! I can't tell you how many times I've gotten the blank stare when I say it.

It is hard to get out. My saving grace in this case was the fact that I was drinking one of their specialty coffees, which is very heavy on the cream, so it came right out when I got home. Thank goodness.

The gas price was insane. I certainly learned my lesson.

Um, hold on a minute please.

BREAKFAST IN A CONE???

Yes, please!!!!!

Yes, it's true, light colors attract dark stains. Especially coffee. It's because cream (colors) and coffee go together. :rolleyes1

I always loved the swings as well. It was something I didn't miss when I was working at Six Flags either! ;) I do love that your dad is throwing the "cool as ice" hand signals up as well. LOL!

Linner must be an IL thing, because we say it too!

Oh yes my dear, breakfast in a cone. Utter perfection.

My Dad's just a goober. I can't describe him any other way.

Maybe it IS and IL thing!!! So funny.

I know I am really far behind on all your TRs, but just caught your last update.

Last days are so sad, aren't they? As unique of a place that DL is, it must be really hard to leave.

Breakfast cones? Very cool. Nothing like breakfast to go.

I have to agree with your theory that white shirts get all the spills. I've tested that theory myself - it's true.

And swings really DO make your feel young. Works every time!

MMM breakfast in a cone... Sounds and looks really good. We will have to check our schedule to add Disneyland for sure.... I want to have a breakfast cone :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Breakfast in a cone just sounds awesome. I must try this when Im there in July. Your father really looks like he's enjoying the trip.

I know I am really far behind on all your TRs, but just caught your last update.

Last days are so sad, aren't they? As unique of a place that DL is, it must be really hard to leave.

Breakfast cones? Very cool. Nothing like breakfast to go.

I have to agree with your theory that white shirts get all the spills. I've tested that theory myself - it's true.

And swings really DO make your feel young. Works every time!

No worries. You know I've certainly fallen behind before. ;)

They are sad! This one was really hard for me, because I don't typically know when I'm going to be back in Disneyland. It always ends up on a list, but we cut it for cost purposes, since WDW is more cost effective with our AP's.

I have the worst luck with white. I get food on white, pen on white, you name it, I've gotten it on something white.

MMM breakfast in a cone... Sounds and looks really good. We will have to check our schedule to add Disneyland for sure.... I want to have a breakfast cone :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

It was super yummy!

Breakfast in a cone just sounds awesome. I must try this when Im there in July. Your father really looks like he's enjoying the trip.

The breakfast in a cone was really yummy. Nothing crazy, just tasty.

Um, okay, I recall responding at length to your update prior to the last one. But I see it is not there. :scared: I don't have the brain power to recreate it. So I'll just say, YOU LOST YOUR POP!!!! :scared1:

I'm so sad the trip is over. Y'all had a great last day though. I know nothing about that Goofy's Sky School ride, so I was glad to hear it mentioned - DD was too short last time, but we will certainly be doing it in January.

You cracked me up with the swings! I HATE those things. HATE them. They just don't sit well with my fear of heights. I did them when we were there last and likely will again, but I do NOT enjoy it. :crazy2:

Dang! I need to hone my TSMM skills. I suck. *sigh*

The cone breakfasts look amazing. I bet DD would love one of those! :goodvibes

I was so sure that I had already commented on this post that I re-read all the replies like four times to make sure that I didn't. Hm! I probably did that read it, thought of a reply in my head, forgot to type it and post it.
Ok. Typing and posting.
Food in a cone just makes sense. :thumbsup2
Awww it's been so long since I've been on a good swings ride! That's it, I'm going to Disneyland.
The Aladdin show sounds so cool. I definitely have to see that too. You know, when I go to Disneyland. (See above. :rotfl2: )
Holy CRUD that's a lot of money for gas! That really is highway robbery!

Um, okay, I recall responding at length to your update prior to the last one. But I see it is not there. :scared: I don't have the brain power to recreate it. So I'll just say, YOU LOST YOUR POP!!!! :scared1:

I'm so sad the trip is over. Y'all had a great last day though. I know nothing about that Goofy's Sky School ride, so I was glad to hear it mentioned - DD was too short last time, but we will certainly be doing it in January.

You cracked me up with the swings! I HATE those things. HATE them. They just don't sit well with my fear of heights. I did them when we were there last and likely will again, but I do NOT enjoy it. :crazy2:

Dang! I need to hone my TSMM skills. I suck. *sigh*

The cone breakfasts look amazing. I bet DD would love one of those! :goodvibes

I know, I lost my Pop. Thankfully he was found again, but it was touch and go for a while. :lmao:

Goofy's Sky School is cute, I think Willow would love it.

I totally get the swings not being enjoyable if you have a fear of heights. Thankfully, I have no such fear, so I'm all good swinging around on those buggers.

I was so sure that I had already commented on this post that I re-read all the replies like four times to make sure that I didn't. Hm! I probably did that read it, thought of a reply in my head, forgot to type it and post it.
Ok. Typing and posting.
Food in a cone just makes sense. :thumbsup2
Awww it's been so long since I've been on a good swings ride! That's it, I'm going to Disneyland.
The Aladdin show sounds so cool. I definitely have to see that too. You know, when I go to Disneyland. (See above. :rotfl2: )
Holy CRUD that's a lot of money for gas! That really is highway robbery!

Food in a cone is just so clever, isn't it? I think they should have food in a cone everywhere.

Now you have two additional reasons to make it to Disneyland!!!! Just keeps adding to the list.

I almost passed out in the middle of the garage when they told me how much it would be. It was ridiculous and insane.

A WDW CM once told me not to say to Disneyland CM that their castle is small. They're very sensitive about the size of their castle :P

Carsland looks awesome. But if I ever go to Disneyland, my priority is the HM hehe

The food def. looks good.

Maybe I'm getting blasé when it comes to wdw's selection of cheeseburgers? lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter