Buying & Using points from other DVC members

We are still waiting for our new membership to be loaded but has anyone been able to book with transferred points without an issue yet? I know that people are getting reservation numbers but it sounds like they are temporary.

Global? It is their own computer system. They bought and paid for, it seems like in 1982. It’s 2023, fix your system. Just imagine Amazon website not allowing you to buy anything. That would be fixed asap. Disney just plain doesn’t care about customers or customer service anymore it seems.
Believe me Amazon's website is not perfect either and not always are they quick to fix it.

Having a similar issue - needed to buy some OTU points to complete a booking and they were unable to complete the transaction, so they held the room for me. Called back a little over a week later and while they could confirm I had the room held still, they were still having the issue and had no ETA for it to be fixed. Figure I'll call back again in another week or so! Thankfully the booking isn't until January, so I have a little wiggle room!

I'm in the same situation. I had points transferred into my account and have 2 reservations on hold. They said they'd let me know when its resolved and that I'd get an emailed confirmation.

Any updates on people being able to use OTU or transferred points? We have an upcoming October reservation that I'm hoping to modify but I'd have to buy some transfer points from another member to do so and haven't had luck finding anybody with what I need. Now that I'm reading this, it sounds like maybe I shouldn't try it but I do have two more months to go before I need it. I was planning on stalking the Rent/Transfer board next month again for people with Sept use points they are looking to unload.

Not as of last Friday when I called. But I know someone who was having trouble getting two ressies merged, one with transferred points and that finally did go through. She's also pretty sure she missed out on a waitlist because of it, it was gone by the time she called MS.

Any updates on people being able to use OTU or transferred points? We have an upcoming October reservation that I'm hoping to modify but I'd have to buy some transfer points from another member to do so and haven't had luck finding anybody with what I need. Now that I'm reading this, it sounds like maybe I shouldn't try it but I do have two more months to go before I need it. I was planning on stalking the Rent/Transfer board next month again for people with Sept use points they are looking to unload.

Are you planning to change to something that is more points? Or reallocate points into what you have?

Just a reminder that any changes within 31 days thst freed up points will result in those points going into holding.

I may have found a work around. We got our points loaded today on our new membership. I booked as many nights as I could on the new membership points. Then I used the chat feature to transfer the remaining needed points from our original membership to the new membership then had the reservation I had just made and linked in MDE modified through chat to add the additional night I wanted. It all showed up with a reservation number in an email and MDE.

Just received the emails from DVC confirming my rooms for April.

Not sure if the problem is resolved systemwide or if my last email resulted in a manual fix.

I'm so relieved!

Last edited:
I'm happy to report that one of my May reservations was just confirmed also. I'm unable to modify it to add names but I'm happy to finally see it on my dashboard!

I'm happy to report that one of my May reservations was just confirmed also. I'm unable to modify it to add names but I'm happy to finally see it on my dashboard!
Same thing, I got the dwarfs when adding guests. I chatted and MS was able to add them for me.

Something is going on.

On Thursday I booked Vero and wanted to purchase 10 OTU points. I had some current points but did not want to use them - I am going to need some for a waitlist I am adding in a week and will require more points.

The CM took my cc info. Then said it did not go through. He tried again and said all set, gave me Reservation number and received email. I get home and check my dashboard - 10 points came out of my current ones - plus he had also taken my cc.

I call and was on the phone for an hour. She told me that I did not buy the OTU points. She does not see it. I explained the morning conversation/reservation. She assured me nothing was purchased and asked for my cc again. She then tells me it did not go through. Glitch in the system. Meanwhile I told her that now my cc has two pending charges. CM said they will drop. I had the option of trying to run my cc again or holding the room. I have no reservation now and my 10 points taken out back to my account that should not have been touched. They are also holding room for me and I will call back as soon as the two pending charges are dropped from my account.

I hope when I call in a day or two we can get this all sorted out.

Something is going on.

On Thursday I booked Vero and wanted to purchase 10 OTU points. I had some current points but did not want to use them - I am going to need some for a waitlist I am adding in a week and will require more points.

The CM took my cc info. Then said it did not go through. He tried again and said all set, gave me Reservation number and received email. I get home and check my dashboard - 10 points came out of my current ones - plus he had also taken my cc.

I call and was on the phone for an hour. She told me that I did not buy the OTU points. She does not see it. I explained the morning conversation/reservation. She assured me nothing was purchased and asked for my cc again. She then tells me it did not go through. Glitch in the system. Meanwhile I told her that now my cc has two pending charges. CM said they will drop. I had the option of trying to run my cc again or holding the room. I have no reservation now and my 10 points taken out back to my account that should not have been touched. They are also holding room for me and I will call back as soon as the two pending charges are dropped from my account.

I hope when I call in a day or two we can get this all sorted out.
Phone calls are recorded, sending a email through the website or chatting then asking for a supervisor to call may help.

Hope the get it straightened out for you.

Phone calls are recorded, sending a email through the website or chatting then asking for a supervisor to call may help.

Hope the get it straightened out for you.

I forgot about the recorded messages but I was not given a hard time. The CM tried to straighten it all out for me. She kept going back and forth with the "support team". They are holding room and have notations on my membership so hopefully in a day or two, I will call back and I can purchase the points. The cc charge did not seem to be going through for them - yet pending on my end :rolleyes: - definitely a glitch.

I called MS yesterday (Monday) since I see credit for the two previous charges (they were never dropped from pending - it posted two charges and two credits).

Not able to finalize reservation. I was told, if I don't receive a call from MS by Friday, to call back. We wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter