BWV stand booking brutal

The more recent was posted only with the average nightly dollar cost, which would be close to $24pp.
First off, that's crazy.
Second off, that is upsetting by our fellow member.
Finally, at $24 per point, you are saving nothing based on the standard view. You could pay $17.5 per point for a BW or Pool/Garden view and have the same weekly cost, and have a better view(in theory).

And 17.5 is very doable on the rent/trade board for BWV. In fact most are listed at $17 right now. So you could actually book the better view for less.

$24*78 = 1872 or $17.5*107 = 1872.5

First off, that's crazy.
Finally, at $24 per point, you are saving nothing based on the standard view. You could pay $17.5 per point for a BW or Pool/Garden view and have the same weekly cost, and have a better view(in theory).

And 17.5 is very doable on the rent/trade board for BWV. In fact most are listed at $17 right now. So you could actually book the better view for less.

$270 a night for Boardwalk during F&W doesn’t seem too out of line to me.

First off, that's crazy.

I always find this funny....charging a premium for hard to book rooms, but those rooms are hard to get because they're cheaper. The premium negates the savings that those rooms offer. Simply step up a category at regular rental rates as you pointed out.

Sorry I dont understand the problem. If members want to rent, let them rent even at $24pp or more for that matter.

I know its frustrating not to be able to get the room you really want, but thats the name of the game. Everyone have the same options. I want a value studio at AKV but that is most likely not gonna happen - so i'm cool with that, but i'm still trying.

A BWV standard view studio IMO demands a premium price, and when preferred view is sold out, the standard view will go too. As long as you save $$ compared to direct then any price is fine. On top at some point direct rooms will also be sold out.

Sorry I dont understand the problem. If members want to rent, let them rent even at $24pp or more for that matter.

I know its frustrating not to be able to get the room you really want, but thats the name of the game. Everyone have the same options. I want a value studio at AKV but that is most likely not gonna happen - so i'm cool with that, but i'm still trying.

A BWV standard view studio IMO demands a premium price, and when preferred view is sold out, the standard view will go too. As long as you save $$ compared to direct then any price is fine. On top at some point direct rooms will also be sold out.
I don't care if people want to rent out reservations or what they charge....I just find the lack of math skills funny to watch. People will charge a premium on a value studio but a renter could pay the same or less for a standard view at normal rates. With some of the premiums charged they could probably go to a savannah view but hey, they got the rare value studio which is so cheap!!

Or book the standard studio through CRO. I have never seen a boardwalk villas available on the Disney website but have seen standard. Might even have been available discounted.

First off, that's crazy.
He is essentially charging based on 107 preferred view points (it would come to $17.34pp if preferred), but giving a standard view that cost him 78 points. While it is advertised as Standard (without further description), unfortunately not all renters are savvy enough to know there is a point difference, not just in villa size & location, but also view.

I don't care if people want to rent out reservations or what they charge....I just find the lack of math skills funny to watch. People will charge a premium on a value studio but a renter could pay the same or less for a standard view at normal rates. With some of the premiums charged they could probably go to a savannah view but hey, they got the rare value studio which is so cheap!!
Their math skills aren't bad. Seven nights standard view studio BWV in October at $24 per point is $1,872. Same nights in a preferred view at DVCRentalStore.com will run $2,033 and David's will run you $1,926. Both of those are contingent on them finding you the points. Right now, neither has those points.

Or book the standard studio through CRO. I have never seen a boardwalk villas available on the Disney website but have seen standard. Might even have been available discounted.
Standard view through CRO is actually pool/garden view. DVC BW & standard views are only available with points (not even DVC member discounted cash).

Their math skills aren't bad. Seven nights standard view studio BWV in October at $24 per point is $1,872. Same nights in a preferred view at **************.com will run $2,033 and David's will run you $1,926. Both of those are contingent on them finding you the points. Right now, neither has those points.
Let's compare apples to apples.....these are private rentals so stay in the private rental realm. Point availability will then be the same. Standard View @ $24 vs Garden/Pool View @ $17 (ranges 16-18 so went middle ground). So now you're $1872 for Standard vs $1819 for Pool/Garden.

Let's compare apples to apples.....these are private rentals so stay in the private rental realm. Point availability will then be the same. Standard View @ $24 vs Garden/Pool View @ $17 (ranges 16-18 so went middle ground). So now you're $1872 for Standard vs $1819 for Pool/Garden.
You aren't going to get a private rental in October for a studio at BWV for $17 a point on this board, at least not for 5-7 straight nights. If you are lucky you might pick up a random night or two at that price in October after the 7 month booking window opens.

You aren't going to get a private rental in October for a studio at BWV for $17 a point on this board, at least not for 5-7 straight nights. If you are lucky you might pick up a random night or two at that price in October after the 7 month booking window opens.
Even at $18 (which is easy to find privately, anytime of year) you're only looking at about a $50/week increase for the upgraded view.

Even at $18 (which is easy to find privately, anytime of year) you're only looking at about a $50/week increase for the upgraded view.
You can't find the points now that will get you a studio in October at BWV on the rental thread right now. You can keep raising that price, but it doesn't change the fact that you can't rent points to book it. When the 7 month window is open and you can get points their won't be 5-7 straight night available to book.

That is why they are charging $24 per point. They control the points and have the rooms booked. If you want to stay at that time you have to pay them that or you're SOL. That is why a business will walk multiple reservations for that time of year. They can command a premium for the points they control.

You can't find the points now that will get you a studio in October at BWV on the rental thread right now. You can keep raising that price, but it doesn't change the fact that you can't rent points to book it. When the 7 month window is open and you can get points their won't be 5-7 straight night available to book.

That is why they are charging $24 per point. They control the points and have the rooms booked. If you want to stay at that time you have to pay them that or you're SOL. That is why a business will walk multiple reservations for that time of year. They can command a premium for the points they control.
There are points readily available right now through a well known FB group for BWV 11 months out for $18. That's without even posting looking for points and attempting to get other owners or lower prices.

Man, is trying to get a standard view studio at BWV at 11 months brutal. Don't even have a shoot at it as the 11 month day is already unavailable before the window even opens. Have been trying for over a week with no luck at all. At least I have a lot of flexibility and can go anytime in Oct, Nov or Dec. it has been a few years since I have gone at this time of year, but I don't remember it ever taking me more than one or two tries before I got the room. Definitely summer is way easier, which is when I have been going the last few years.
Maybe you have scene this. It helps me when looking at dates to book. BWV Prediction Book Chart

I agree, getting a BWV studio for 5-7 nights in Oct - Nov in the 11 month window is difficult and next to impossible when the 7 month window opens.

There are points readily available right now through a well known FB group for BWV 11 months out for $18. That's without even posting looking for points and attempting to get other owners or lower prices.

Well i'm not seeing any BWV rentals for that price online, hand down I haven't been looking that hard. If you as a renter can get a BWV for that price you should take it.

Exactly, first you need to find an owner with points to rent out at ie. $18 and then you need to find/hope for vacancy for your dates.

If you go during Jersey week 2020, wine and dine 2020 or 2 first weeks of december good luck finding that vacancy.

The $24 pp sounds more reasonable than $18pp. OTOH if you can get a room cheaper through CRO then you should do so, but I doubt you can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter