California Grill or Narcoossee's?

DisneyMountainWoman

DIS Veteran
We wanted a nice restaurant to watch fireworks at, I was able to get California Grill for 5:35 and Narcoossee's 6:55, which one should I keep? For both fireworks and food? This is to celebrate me running my first half marathon during Princesses. Thanks.

Both are wonderful but California Grill is our favourite. Great food and views. Good luck with your race!
:flower:

Are you planning on eating and heading back up for fireworks at California Grill? We ate there two weeks ago and even really taking our time (ordering extra wine) with a 6:15 ressie, we were still finished by 7:50. Even with ten minutes before fireworks, we were encouraged to go out to watch them on the observation deck at 8.

Are you planning on eating and heading back up for fireworks at California Grill? We ate there two weeks ago and even really taking our time (ordering extra wine) with a 6:15 ressie, we were still finished by 7:50. Even with ten minutes before fireworks, we were encouraged to go out to watch them on the observation deck at 8.
I wanted to get a bit later of a ressie but it was already full. So if we did CG, we would eat and just walk around Contemporary then go back to viewing platform. Narcoossee has the ideal time for fireworks. But not sure if the view is as good.

I wanted to get a bit later of a ressie but it was already full. So if we did CG, we would eat and just walk around Contemporary then go back to viewing platform. Narcoossee has the ideal time for fireworks. But not sure if the view is as good.

I was honestly a little disappointed by the view at CG. It was more off to the side than I had imagined (but had never been before so it was still nice-just not quite as wonderful as I would have thought).

I love Narcoosee’s because you can go out on the dock to watch fireworks between courses. But there is no question that the food is far superior at CG.

While we love Narcoossee’s I would choose California Grill . The location is better for the fireworks and it is a more fine dining experience. If you do choose Narcoossee’s though , don’t forget to try the almond crusted cheesecake! It’s delicious!

A lot of you are saying the food is better at CG, does that include the special 50th menu. I have mostly read bad things about it...

A lot of you are saying the food is better at CG, does that include the special 50th menu. I have mostly read bad things about it...
We were very skeptical of the 50th options on the menu, but it turned out to be one of our favorite meals of the trip earlier this month. It was a very good meal and experience.

For the OP, we feel the view of the fireworks from CG is much better than from Nar. You're not going to see much of the castle projections from either, but the fireworks themselves were pretty impressive from CG deck.

I thought the dessert was lacking. My husband had the crème brûlée, and I had the 5 dessert option. Neither were anything to write home about. My 10 year old said the cookies in her sundae were not good and having snuck a bite, I would agree with her. I did think the steak was exceptional though. My husband was mad he opted for seafood over the beef after trying mine.

I just checked the menu out for the 50th, and they modified it slightly. The apps and desserts are slightly different then they used to be.

Yea, it does appear to be tweaked slightly - maybe 80% of the offerings from earlier this month are the same. Our group would highly recommend the Duck L'Orange Pizza - one of the best things we had on the trip. Perhaps it's related to some of the supply chain/availability issues most restaurants are experiencing.

Yea, it does appear to be tweaked slightly - maybe 80% of the offerings from earlier this month are the same. Our group would highly recommend the Duck L'Orange Pizza - one of the best things we had on the trip. Perhaps it's related to some of the supply chain/availability issues most restaurants are experiencing.
I actually think the menu tweaks are an improvement. Maybe we’ll see some better ones before our anniversary in March! 🤞🏻

I was honestly a little disappointed by the view at CG. It was more off to the side than I had imagined (but had never been before so it was still nice-just not quite as wonderful as I would have thought).
Same here, we were expecting a better view didn't live up to the hype. Glad we did it and would probably go back eventually depending on the wishes of our travel party but it's no longer a must do for us. Have never tried Narcoosees to have an opinion.

Attachments

• IMG_E5873.JPG
    IMG_E5873.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 11
We would recommend CG. We also had the 50th menu too. Realize with many menus driven by QR codes menus are easier than ever to modify. A few of us did select the dessert of 5 and we had fun rating which one we thought best on a scale of 1 to 5.

The food and view and California Grill (only been for brunch) was great, certainly better than Narcoossee's. That said, we really liked Narcoossee's too. Never watched fireworks from either. We really like the castle show, so seeing the fireworks from a distance isn't as exciting for us.

Having been to both...
I think the food is slightly better at CG. Don't get me wrong, DD and I loved our meal at Narcoosee's, but CG offered a more diverse menu, with more interesting preparations. The fireworks views are entirely different. You won't see the castle projections- too far away and/or not the right angle for this. At CG, we've seen the show from both our table and outside on the deck. You are high above the show and off to the side. It's impressive, but it's like you are looking down at the fireworks almost. At Narcoosee's, the show is more encompassing, closer and larger. We timed it so we could order an appetizer and pre-dinner drink. We noshed and then took our wine out onto the deck to watch the show. Once we were seated, dinner was served. The timing was perfect, kinda like they did this every night, hahaha! SO thumbs up to CG for food, to Narc's for the fireworks. Not helpful, I know... but really both were great! We loved the entire experience each time and didn't regret spending the money!

I actually think the menu tweaks are an improvement. Maybe we’ll see some better ones before our anniversary in March! 🤞🏻
Hopefully they put some non carb/sugar heavy item somewhere on the menu. Speaking selfishly, I really hate the menu right now. But its my own choice not to do it, and there are plenty if nice places I can still go(pretty much anywhere but here tbh), but I do miss CG.

Both are very good and we have done both.
Narcoossee's you most likely will need to go on the deck to watch as the view from the windows is often blocked.
We fully enjoyed the menu at CG and were able to see the fireworks from inside. We have watched the fireworks from inside and on the balconies and prefer the far left balcony.
Ultimately, I would look at the menus and decide which one you prefer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter