Calling all Princess 1/2 Marathoner's! Check in here! *UPDATE* PRE-RACE MEET INFO!

Which hotel are you staying at or thinking of staying at?

• All Stars (Movies)*

• POP or other All Stars

• CBR*

• POFQ

• POR

• Saratoga Springs

• POLY*

• Beach/YC

• AKL

• Coronado Springs

• Boardwalk

• Off property/or other hotel not listed

Results are only viewable after voting.

Caitsmama

<font color=darkorchid>Closet Hannah Montana Fan!<
I decided a separate thread would be needed for those who have already signed up for the Princess 1/2 Marathon for March 2009 -

Buses will run from 3 resorts - All Star, Carr. Beach, & Poly. Otherwise you will need to provide your own transportation.

Bib numbers are up on the website! download your waiver and bring it to packet pickup! Don't forget photo ID!

Please post here and let me know if you are doing the 5k or the 1/2 or BOTH. :) And, if you know where you'll be staying, please post that info when you know too. :)
List is updated as of 2/16/09, if you don't see yourself, please pm me!
:wizard: 5k :wizard:
Syko (and DH)
Lexxiefern (and daughter)
Rora & her mom (Donna) POP
daisylove
french lady POP
TinkerKat (kathy)
getnthinr (Wendy)
WDWFAN9 (Pat)
DianeL
becky AK
Superdebbie (Debbie)
Hockeychic
UP Disney (Vicki)
VetteChick99
acourtwdw (annette) & dsis (amanda) Beach Club
Jly189 & mom All Stars (Fri/Sat), Poly (Sun)
Postef (Stacie) & SIL
FeeFeeWhite
ReAnSt
nkkilala (POFQ)
hungrygreenhippo
suzannews
MilleniumMickey (Lisa) BWV
DCBride (Steph)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
princess: Princess 1/2 princess:

Caitsmama (Stacy)& mom & sis Poly
Syko (And DH)
Ghoulishgirl & her mom
RoyalCinderella
Lexxiefern (Becky) Beach Club
WDWFAN9 (Pat)
French Lady (Diane)
crzy4pooh (Lynnda)
JillPTFLA (jill)
getnthinr (Wendy)
DianeL
mousemgr2
sailors wfe
SamSam (AKV)
UP Disney (Vicki) SSR
Becky AK (pop?)
Jakenjacksmom
Superdebbie
Rozzie SSR
AlphabetSoup
Shannon G
Breezie (Brittany)
LisaInNC
IMGonnaBe40!! (CBR)
aimb (poly) -- me too!!
mla1977 (ASM)
Grumpy Girl
Hockeychic (OKW)
Trimom (Mary Kathryn) - BWV
dsnyfan21 (Tracy)
Tinker925 (Nancy) BCV
Jly189 All Stars (Fri/Sat), Poly (Sun)
Smileyk8 (kate) POFQ
Queen Mimi & DD
TnTsParty (Tricia)
disneyduet (Shelley) CBR
joan4mickey (CSR)
jewels1449
lutherlovr (ASMovies)
mla1977 (Megan) (offsite)
iceberg1912 (SSR)
postesf (Stacie) & SIL
hungrygreenhippo
twoWDWfools (Liz) OKW
chimera (Mel)
amykab (CBR)
2BoysMom (donna) WL
MilleniumMickey (Lisa) BWV
momoftwogirls (Kathy)
jeanneg (Jeanne) & DH CBR
Princess Runner (Elcka)
Pungodingy (Angie) CBR -- looking for a ride for her mom to the finish line! PM if you can help!
Running Diva (Tammy) & Friend (Kate)

oK, We have decided to do a Pre-Race Dinner Meet!! :banana: We will meet on :
Saturday at 4:30 PM
Port Orleans Riverside - Riverside Mill (foodcourt)
They have a pasta bar, make your own! Please join us!

Please post to Tracy at the thread here :
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2063486

Post your 5k bib numbers here:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2091162

Post your 1/2 bib numbers here:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2089187

Looking to find other WISH'ers to pace with? Please post your time here:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=30312825#post30312825

Also, i have made up this graphic, feel free to snag (right click and save to your computer) this one and use it for t-shirts, lanyards, pins, etc.. so we can recognize fellow wish'ers! I can also personalize one for you if you want, pm me.
disboard.jpg

We will be in both 5k and 1/2, with my husband carrying our daughter!!!!!!!!!
I'm just waiting on track shack to get back to me as I can not register on line.

My mom and I are in! We haven't actually signed up yet, but will soon. I tend to be plagued with shin splints, despite trying a million things to prevent them, so I need the full 10 months! We also have a tradition of trying to get in on inagural events ever since we took the first ever Panama Canal cruise! Too bad we're going to miss the Everest Challenge. I think we're going to stay at Carribbean Beach.

Is this the one that is closed already? I'm wanting to do a half but may see about the 5Ks. I haven't yet figured out all the events and dates yet.

Count me in for the 1/2! I have a mom and fiance in my cheering section that will be there as well, and we'll be going to the PPP that evening. Probably will stay at the Polynesian if funds allow, but am not sure as of yet. Go Princess race WISHers!:cheer2: princess:

Is this the one that is closed already? I'm wanting to do a half but may see about the 5Ks. I haven't yet figured out all the events and dates yet.

No the 1/2 marathon that is closed already is the big one in January. This is a brand new 1/2 marathon in the beginning of March. Its not the best time for them to have it but I think they are planning on getting the overflow of the people that wanted in the January 1/2.

I'll be there! I will be doing both the 5k and the half. My DD will do the 5k with me. And I already have a room booked at Beach Club Villas!! Woohoo!

Becky

Hey! Mom (Donna) and I (Rora) are offically signed up for the 5k. While this is our first marathon, we decided to play it safe and stick with the 5k. 2010 is our year for the big 1/2 marathon if all goes well. We're pretty sure we are staying at the POP but I will post again later if something changes! I'm excited!

Ok, i think i am updated so far! :) Thanks everyone!

I am doing the 5K (my first anything athletic lol) with my DS who will be a week shy of 1yrs old in his stroller.
My two friends will be with me and one will have her stroller and 2 sons.

My DD 9 will be doing the 800 yard dash.

So Excited!!!

I will be there also for the 5k and the half-marathon. Staying at POP. Now, I have to think about my training program for the next 9 months.
Diane

I am doing the 1/2 - got to have that inaugural medal!!! :goodvibes I think DH is trying to figure out childcare so he can do it, too. ;)

--Lynnda

I am signed up for the 5K. My 15 year old son who runs track, wants to do the half!
The $120.00 fee is kinda steep for two of us. So he may do it while I cheer!:thumbsup2

Hi everybody! I am so excited about this half marathon. I did the Disney 1/2 in 2001 with my mom. I would love to have my kids do the kids races but I would rather not be booked for 2 days. So, I think I will do the 1/2 solo and hope that my hubby and kids can get up early enough to cheer me on!
I don't know where we will stay yet...we live here in FL so we tend to wait to make ressies until good rates come out! I have ALWAYS wanted to stay at the Poly so if they have special rates for the race, maybe I will splurge on myself!
I am looking forward to chatting with you all!
Jill

Ok! We are updated! Welcome to the DIS Kathy & Diane!! This is truly one great group!

We got our room confirmation today via email, so it's official, we are booked concierge at the Poly!

This thread is killing me. I already said I wouldn't do this one because I'm doing the half in January and I'm really getting tired of that turn around on Osceola...

but I feel myself weakening... inaugural medal...5k allows strollers... another chance to see WISHers... :rolleyes1

Jen in GA

This thread is killing me. I already said I wouldn't do this one because I'm doing the half in January and I'm really getting tired of that turn around on Osceola...

but I feel myself weakening... inaugural medal...5k allows strollers... another chance to see WISHers... :rolleyes1

Jen in GA

Oh come on! Join the fun:thumbsup2

Hiya folks...I saw the Princess 1/2 marathon announcement and really got motivated. I just started running after many years of non-traditional (or is it non-existant?) exercise -- raising DD 5, and DS 3.

Well, after eating our way around the DisneyWorld in January, DH and I decided to get in shape. I am running now (did 5 miles this morning) and like I said am motivated for a WDW race.

Two things -- DH said he would if I would -- am I correct that we could as a team even though it's a "princess" race? He ran the NYC marathon in 2000 so he knows all about training. And back then I use to run with him on a few longer runs, although I don't remember being near a 1/2 marathon distance.

And...am I correct that there will no longer be a Minnie 15K? I would jump at that distance first although I'm sure I could do a half with this much training time. Correct????

Thanks for any replies that may follow:thumbsup2

MissFitt - They are doing away with the "Minnie" 15k -- and have not announced any plans to replace it - other than with this Princess 1/2.
If you are already doing 5 miles, i am sure with the 10 mo. training window here -- you can definately do a 1/2!! Hope you decide to join us! And yes, you and your dh can be a team. :)
If you sign up - come back and let us know so i can add you to the master list! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter