Calling all Princess 1/2 Marathoner's! Check in here! *UPDATE* PRE-RACE MEET INFO!

Which hotel are you staying at or thinking of staying at?

• All Stars (Movies)*

• POP or other All Stars

• CBR*

• POFQ

• POR

• Saratoga Springs

• POLY*

• Beach/YC

• AKL

• Coronado Springs

• Boardwalk

• Off property/or other hotel not listed

Results are only viewable after voting.
Like Pat, I'm a sucker for an inaugural medal so I'm up for the 5K and the half. Whooohoooo -- another WISH meet!

Oh Jen! I feel the need to quote a certain shoe company :lmao:

I'll probably have my room booked before I am registered for the race as I really really need to order a certain set of photos from January or at least that was the last email from ASI telling me. Minnie and Mickey are going to arrive in the mail together as CDs at least LOL

I'm currently working on Susan (Mousemgr) but DH has already been informed that I'll be in Florida for that weekend. :thumbsup2

Come on Jen! It's (snickering as I say this....>>) ONLY 13.1 miles :lmao: What's another turn on Osceola when compared to a new medal? :dance3:

BTW I'm surprised I don't twitch when I drive from AK to MGM. I DO still cringe when I pass the corner of Victory & Buena Vista Drive. After spending an hour there in deadlock trying to get to ToT13, I find Osceola a much more pleasant road to be on. So really Jen how can you pass it up? :scared:

I'm really giving it some serious thought. I'm new to this whole competitive running thing, and really scared of that distance. :scared: I'm only up to 3 miles now, and then I feel like I'm about collapse. I really want a challenge though, and think this may be the thing that I need in my life right now. One of my biggest concerns is race transportation, and might just stay at POP even though I'm a DVCer. Plus a little point starved anyway right now. What is everyone else thinking about the transportation thing?

Ok, i will update the roster when i get home from church later! :)

Rozzie, as for the transportation, its not a big deal. We are staying at the Poly, but we knew we were going to stay there even before they announced the transportaion hotels. For the Minnie last weekend, we were at the GF and we just hopped on a cab (yes, there were cabs there already waiting at 5:45am!!) and it took us right to Epcot - cost us $15 with tip included. Not bad.
So, i wouldn't let the transportation scare ya. ;)

Put DianeL and I on the list for the 1/2. Diane may do the 5k also. I haven't decided about that one yet.

Now I need to go and smack Diane upside the head for talking me into this one!!! (jk!) The more we talked about it, the more I realized this is a race I really don't want to miss. How did I get myself into this? I thought running was supposed to be an inexpensive sport. :rotfl2:

i am considering it...I am doing the half in january.

Do you think the two races are too close together, training/recovery wise??.

I live within an hour and a half from WDW, so travel costs aren't really an issue.

Unless of course gas is 10.00 a gallon by then :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:

Hi!
I'm a relative newbie to the WISH threads, but just this weekend after a trip to WDW and an additional 100 points to our DVC contract:rotfl: we've added on at least 1 trip to our plans simply based on my desire to race at WDW.. so right now I'm scheduled to run with DH in the Everest 5K in Sept... then we were planning on running the 5K in Jan (still are as of this moment) but I REALLY want to run in the 1/2 Princess Marathon. DH doesn't think I can do it since the most I've done so far has been 4 miles of walk/running combined in 1 hr... I think 10 months is plenty of time to train.. now I just have to convince him to make the trip:rolleyes1 or let me go solo:woohoo: Add me to the list, as I'm pretty sure I'll be running.. just have to wait for the $$ to come in to register for both races:rolleyes1

Ladies, I am so excited about this. I have been on the fence forever.
Came up with this (with a little help from creative friends on DiSigns.
It'll be on my Post run tshirt :) Tell me what ya think.

777176124209_0_ALB.jpg

TinkerKat, can't see anything :( ?

Sailors Wfe - you can definately do it!! 10 months is a great training window! And remember, you don't have to RUN the whole thing - you can do a walk/run combo -- that's definately what i will be doing!! As long as i finish,and HAVE FUN. :)

Amy - i can't answer your question about having it too close to the other 1/2.. sorry, this is my first. :)

I believe the list is updated now! Glad to see so many names already on there!!

I just did my first 5k had a blast loved it and I want more, I saw the princess and said I have time to train. I will let you know when I sign up.

For everyone who is not sure if they can do it - you CAN!! I just started walking/running in march of 07 and I ran the DL half in sept 07 - what's that like 6 months? And I did not like to run or exercise. I never would have thought I would become an endurance athlete. Now I'm not fast or anything, but I was determined to do it! If you set yourself up with a good training schedule and really want to do it - you can :)

See you all there!!

Becky

Becky, can you share for us what your training schedule was like?? I am sure it could help us all..
thanks so much!

Not Becky, but I went from total couch potato to my first half in 2006. I started training-to-train in January 2005 after reading the adventures of the WISH team returning from their WDW half. I bought a treadmill and began walking three/four times a week, not for speed but for a set amount of time. Basically I just wanted to establish the habit of being active. Then I used Bingham's Marathoning for Mortals (MfM) 14 week training plan for walking a half and followed it religiously. It really works. I finished the Jan 2006 half and got a beautiful Donald medal, and as they say, the rest is history. When the volunteer put that Donald medal around my neck - well, I wish I could accurately describe the feeling - it was absolutely amazing!

This really is do-able and I encourage everyone to have the courage to start!

Thanks so much pat!! I am gonna have to check out that book, i hear so many great things about it!! Might have to pop over to B&N after work... i know i can get it cheaper on Amazon, but i am a "gotta get it now girl". LOL

After receiving some great encouraging responses on another thread (asking if it was possible for me to get in shape for this in 10 months) I took the plunge and registered this morning! I figure that having shelled out $120 should help motivate me! Now to develop a training plan...

After receiving some great encouraging responses on another thread (asking if it was possible for me to get in shape for this in 10 months) I took the plunge and registered this morning! I figure that having shelled out $120 should help motivate me! Now to develop a training plan...

Awesome news:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 See you in March:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Well I said "NO" and now I just want to say "YES" :lovestruc

I loved the idea of this race, before I realized I HAD to stay at one of the three hotels.............and not my DVC. Then I read a post that this time is VERY VERY busy, so I found an excuse not to do it.

I started running and completed the C25K program, so training is not going to be like "recreatin the wheel" ;)

My concern is that I usually only go to disney in the value season. So I would have to pay for a run for "7" people.

My question is does anyone know if Disney is offering a discount code for the rooms? I read that room prices are not available until June.

My only daughter who is 5 now keeps saying she too wants to do the run. Keep in mind she is a peanut, but she thinks she truly is a princess :)

I hate to admit it, but I really REALLY REALLY want to do it!! :confused:

swim-mom, i believe there will be some sort of discount - I personally went ahead and already booked a Garden view Concierge room, b/c i know those won't be discounted anyway.. LOL And, if AP rates come out,we will try to upgrade to a MK view concierge room..

And there is nothing saying that you can't stay DVC - you will just have to provide your own transportation to the race.. no biggie. ;)

My 7 year old (well, she'll be 8 by then) is going to do her kids race -- she is soooo excited, she keeps saying she too will have to "train" on the treadmill!!! LOL :) I guess when you are 7 - 400 meters is a long way.. LOL ;)

As for the parks being crowded, i don't really care.. we only go at night, since we spend a week in Nov. there - Thanksgiving, we are use to crowded parks.. LOL - I want to do the race, the P&P party, and RELAX. That's about it.

hope you decide to join us!!!! you know you want that tiara medal!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter