Calling all Princess 1/2 Marathoner's! Check in here! *UPDATE* PRE-RACE MEET INFO!

Which hotel are you staying at or thinking of staying at?

• All Stars (Movies)*

• POP or other All Stars

• CBR*

• POFQ

• POR

• Saratoga Springs

• POLY*

• Beach/YC

• AKL

• Coronado Springs

• Boardwalk

• Off property/or other hotel not listed

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'll be doing the Princess again next year. I would like to make it a tradition and bring different (or more) friends with me every year and make it a girls celebration.princess:

My goal is to also do the Tower of Terror 13K and the Half in January. I want to collect some bling! Except for the Princess, my DH and I have talked about making the other races something for us to do as a couple.

I had such a blast that I am already signed up for the Goofy!! Don't know if I can make another trip so soon after that, but if it works out, I'll be there for the Princess as well.

I'm planning on doing the Goofy in 2010 :goofy: so I doubt I will get back to the Princess next year. It was alot of fun though princess: unfortunately I'm on a bling quest now and I must collect the other Disney medals LOL!

I hope to do the Princess half again next year. I had a lot of fun and it was inspiring to celebrate with that many women. I actually enjoyed the half more then the Minnie 15k (but that might have been because I was lucky enough to run most of the half with Carrie!!!) The bling was nice too. I am thinking of doing the full again in 2010 just waiting to see how the rest of the year pans out before I commit myself (especially since I know the full doesn't get close to full until late in the year)

I'll be doing the Princess again next year. I would like to make it a tradition and bring different (or more) friends with me every year and make it a girls celebration.princess:

My goal is to also do the Tower of Terror 13K and the Half in January. I want to collect some bling! Except for the Princess, my DH and I have talked about making the other races something for us to do as a couple.

Donna, i am glad to hear that!! :thumbsup2

I don't think i will be going down in Jan anytime soon, as i think it's too close to my annual Thanksgiving trip, and honestly, reading about the cool weather in Jan has turned me off - i love the sun and warm!!! March seems perfect!

I would however love to do the race for the taste or ToT race someday!!!

TOT is an awesome race - I did the inaguaral 13k race in 2007 - it was my very first Disney race and my longest distance up until that point. Before that I would have never even considered doing a full and now just a little over a year after that I did just that. Guess that is why I love doing the Disney races - they inspire me!! I want to do the Race for the Taste one of these years - I actually never have done a 10k race before. I have my very first one coming up on April 11.

I am planning to do it again next year!! :woohoo: I have to find a new set of friends to go with me though. The ones I went with this year don't want to pay that much to go two years in a row. :guilty:

I would love to make it a tradition.

Annette and I will be doing the princess half next year. I'm doing my first half in June. UPDisney I'm running the Run Charlevoix half if you want to meet up there.

Amanda

Since I never got around to doing a Princess trip report :sad1: I thought I'd at least post a few pictures.

Wendy and I shared a room at ASMo for the first couple of nights, she got there before me, and had our room window decorated with a Princess Party banner and a Happy Birthday banner for me, with our personalized princess Minnie heads:

IMG_0009.jpg

Photo opportunities before the 5K:

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

And finally, a picture with a character I know and like!

IMG_0040.jpg

Annette and I will be doing the princess half next year. I'm doing my first half in June. UPDisney I'm running the Run Charlevoix half if you want to meet up there.

Amanda

When is that one? I definitely will consider it. I'm going to search online to see if I can find it.

When is that one? I definitely will consider it. I'm going to search online to see if I can find it.

It's June 27th. I emailed them and they responded. Even thought it doesnt say on the website about the bling they are designing it as we speak.

I dont know alot about the area up there, but the course says its flat and fast and you run along Lake Michigan.
Here is the link

http://www.goodboyevents.com/RunCharlevoix2.shtml

Any other michigan wishers want to join in?

:stitch:'Ohana Monday Mixer :stitch:

Please join us on the 'Ohana team thread for the Monday Mixer. The Mixer starts here.

There are many reasons why we race. Sometimes it's a way to challenge ourselves. Sometimes it's a strategy to keep ourselves motivated. Sometimes it's a reason to reunite with old friends and meet new ones. And sometimes, just sometimes, it's about the goodies. :teeth:

This week's question is about those goodies:

What is your favorite medal/t-shirt/race-bag goody, and WHY?

So come on over to 'Ohana. Share with us your favorite pictures and stories. Brag about the bling. If you haven't done a medal-awarding event, tell us about a shirt. If you love a particular expo, we want to know why. And if you're new to races, visit anyway. You can get some ideas for future races and "ooh" and "ahhh" over the pretty, shiny things.

On a more serious note: Two of our 'Ohana cousins, Maria and Richard, could use some extra hugs, well wishes, and PD this week. If you've got the time, please let them know you're thinking of them. :hug:

Well Angie
I'm mostly at the DCL thread, as I have a new cruise booked for the end of May.

I also JUST downloaded my pictures last night from the Princess, so I will be posting some here either today or tomorrow (I have a couple with you in it, too).:)

All the princesses here can hop over to the weekly thread for the WISH group. Normally you will see the thread titled as whatever week it is. That is where we normally just mingle and tell each other about our training or whatever else is on our minds!!!

Everyone is welcome!!:cool1:

OK, I have some time this morning. Before I post these photos, I just wanted to re-say how much you all have meant to me over the months of training for my first Half Marathon. It was a celebration for me not just over 13.1 miles, but over poor health, and you were all a part of my happy return. I will be forever grateful.:lovestruc

Here's some pics: This is the group shot that I'm in (pink T-shirt).
P1000708.jpg

The dreaded "sweep" buses that hopefully, none of us saw...
P1000724.jpg

Group shot with our glowing necklaces.
P1000707.jpg

I really like this picture. Several of my more closeup pics of people didn't really come out, but I think it's a nice pic of Angie...
P1000714.jpg

My first ever self portrait. Nice pic of my DIS Tiara.
P1000721.jpg

How much do you love this picture??:laughing:
P1000744.jpg
I remember his name being Chester, is that right? He made me laugh everytime that I saw him.

My biggest regret is that I do not have a good picture of Matt. He, too, always made me laugh everytime that I saw him. He was EVERYWHERE rooting people on. What a great guy! This is my only "pic" of him. It's a shot of my DH and kids rooting for me on the sidelines, and you can see a Mickey Wizard hat way in the background..... that's our Matt. I wish I had a really great pic of him.
P1000739.jpg

Close-up....
P1000739-1.jpg

Thanks friends!:cheer2:

Great pics Donna! I definately will be bringing a camera with me next time on the course!!!

:stitch: 'Ohana Monday Mixer :stitch:

Wendy posted this on the Lean Meaner thread and her words resonated with me, so I thought I'd pass it along as it serves as the inspiration for this week's mixer. :flower3:

It feels like Spring in my head-- a time for cleaning out the junk, renewing my resolve, and enjoying all that is beautiful around me. It's a renewed hope thing -- Do you feel that way, too?

So, WISHers, springtime is in the air as well as on the calendar. And even if your neighborhood isn't enjoying springlike weather quite yet, it's fun to plan for that day that's just around the corner. So this week's set of related prompts are...

What outdoor activity (or activities) do you most look forward to in the spring, and why? What is an annual spring tradition for you? How do you enjoy that first, perfect spring day?

Feel free to talk about prepping the bike for the season's first ride or the first run in shorts. But we're also interested in hearing about other activities: gardening, kite-flying, spring cleaning, picnics, roller blading, hiking, and so on.

So tell us your stories. The 'Ohana Monday Mixer starts here.

And an additional note to the Princesses...this will be the last Mixer prompts I post here, until the Princess 2010 thread is up and running. Or if you decide to keep the Princess thread alive as a "clique" thread like the Bots and Lean Meaners. You can always find the mixer prompts on the weekly and team threads. :goodvibes

I have been through 90 pages of this thread looking for tips for my first half-marathon ( which is the Princess!princess:) I hope that once registration opens, you guys will start another thread like this one! Also CONGRATS to all you finishers! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter