• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Calling all Princesses! (2014 Princess Half Marathon Weekend)- thread #2

Hi there- regarding the "where are staying info", just so we aren't both doing the same amount of work (and I've been working and have put in quite a bit of time for 6 months into the other one) I'm going to let you take over. Seems a little silly to have two threads going for the same exact thing. I think it's much easier for people to look in one place instead of bobbling back and forth.

Hi there- regarding the "where are staying info", just so we aren't both doing the same amount of work (and I've been working and have put in quite a bit of time for 6 months into the other one) I'm going to let you take over. Seems a little silly to have two threads going for the same exact thing. I think it's much easier for people to look in one place instead of bobbling back and forth.

I'll just track race participation and leave the resorts to your thread. If racers aren't adding to both, it makes more sense for them to utilize one that is already to extensive. I'll link to it in my post, if that's fine with you!

Subscribing…
I am running the Princess Half with a bunch of friends (8 of us, 7 women and one really good sport guy!) and we have 2 villas at SSR. I am really excited but getting nervous. I am not a fast runner, tend to stick with a run/walk plan, and I know I can do the miles (I've done 13.1 before doing run/walk and finished in just over 3 hours) but I am Deathly afraid of being swept! And I feel like the snow/ice/cold in New England has been derailing my training!
Enough complaining, I love hearing everyone's stories, especially since I am a new runner! It was my goal in 2013 to "become a runner" and I am pretty proud of myself for sticking with it at age 46! LOL ;)

I am really excited but getting nervous. I am not a fast runner, tend to stick with a run/walk plan, and I know I can do the miles (I've done 13.1 before doing run/walk and finished in just over 3 hours) but I am Deathly afraid of being swept! And I feel like the snow/ice/cold in New England has been derailing my training! Enough complaining, I love hearing everyone's stories, especially since I am a new runner! It was my goal in 2013 to "become a runner" and I am pretty proud of myself for sticking with it at age 46! LOL ;)
This is exactly how I feel! Except it's my first half so I kinda feel like I'm going in blind. :) I'm also affected by the weather, living in northern IN where we haven't had temps north of 40 in months, and I just won't run in freezing temps with my asthma, and no access to an indoor track. Hoping my treadmill runs are enough to prepare me! But like you, I am so inspired by everyone here, and just proud to be running - ok, run/walking - my first half at 42. :)

This is exactly how I feel! Except it's my first half so I kinda feel like I'm going in blind. :) I'm also affected by the weather, living in northern IN where we haven't had temps north of 40 in months, and I just won't run in freezing temps with my asthma, and no access to an indoor track. Hoping my treadmill runs are enough to prepare me! But like you, I am so inspired by everyone here, and just proud to be running - ok, run/walking - my first half at 42. :)

It's my first real half marathon too. I run with a boot camp group, and we constructed our own half in the fall, basically running a 13.1 mile route and having a few friends do water stops along the way. It was REALLY HARD but my psyche is better for it because I know what to expect. You'll be fine, I am sure! I have never run on a treadmill and I am hoping I can 'weather the weather' LOL.

How is everyone doing on costumes? I am really not in the dress up mood this time around even though there is no way I'm going without a costume.

How is everyone doing on costumes? I am really not in the dress up mood this time around even though there is no way I'm going without a costume.

waiting on my princess atta antennae to arrive. i ordered them on etsy, then they were shipped to my parents' because they couldn't be shipped to me, and now all of our mail is held up! i hope that package gets here soon because i need to do a test run with them.

i have the rest of it except for wings and a crown. i think i am going to skip the wings, but i need to keep scouting for a crown.

Hey everyone. I'm not running this year because I'm pregnant.:lovestruc I ran a few years ago as my first race, and it was the best experience of my life!

Anyway, my friend is running with 2 of her friends. They already have their room booked. They wanted to purchase one day discounted park tickets, but not book the whole Run Disney package. Can they still do that? When I ran it in 2011 I could, but I'm not sure about now.

If they go to this site and enter the event code, I thought they would be able to do it. But none of their emails from Run Disney say any event code. Do they just put in their race registration number?

I was doing sooooo good until a few weeks ago. I got totally derailed! I've run maybe 2x in the last 3 weeks. Christmas and bad weather have gotten in my way...ready to get back on track. So, how do I jump back in? Galloway training has 9.5 miles today. My last long run was 7 miles the week after thanksgiving. I was thinking 4 miles today and then 9.5 next week with 2 30 min runs during the week??? Wwyd? Thanks

Hey everyone. I'm not running this year because I'm pregnant.:lovestruc I ran a few years ago as my first race, and it was the best experience of my life!

Anyway, my friend is running with 2 of her friends. They already have their room booked. They wanted to purchase one day discounted park tickets, but not book the whole Run Disney package. Can they still do that? When I ran it in 2011 I could, but I'm not sure about now.

If they go to this site and enter the event code, I thought they would be able to do it. But none of their emails from Run Disney say any event code. Do they just put in their race registration number?

There are no discounted tickets through Disney for Princess weekend. They discontinued that this year.

I've got a Minnie costume planned for the 10K but I'm not sure I want to do the half in costume. Maybe something princess-esque but still comfy running clothes?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter