Can a shuttle from LAX to DL be booked one-way only?

kimmar067

TAGS?? It's all about the 'likes' now!
....We're first-timers to DL, and, rather than renting a car, I'm trying to decide on taking a shuttle. TIA

....We're first-timers to DL, and, rather than renting a car, I'm trying to decide on taking a shuttle. TIA

I know you can book Super Shuttle one way. We're doing that on our next trip, although from a different airport.

You can do a one way trip with the Disneyland Resort Express (DRE). The Disney website only has the option of purchasing a round trip ticket when you are booking a package, but you can just show up at the DRE at the airport and pay for your one way ride. The current cost is $30 one way and something like $48 round trip.

From the Disneyland website:

"Disneyland Resort Express
The Disneyland Resort Express provides the most convenient mode of transportation between LAX and the Disneyland Resort area—including both Disneyland Resort and Anaheim Resort hotels. Upon exiting the baggage claim area at LAX, proceed to the center island. You may board the Disneyland Resort Express underneath the green sign in front of each terminal. Buses depart frequently, beginning at Terminal #1. Reservations are not required, but there is a fee to ride."

You can do a one way trip with the Disneyland Resort Express (DRE). The Disney website only has the option of purchasing a round trip ticket when you are booking a package, but you can just show up at the DRE at the airport and pay for your one way ride. The current cost is $30 one way and something like $48 round trip.

From the Disneyland website:

"Disneyland Resort Express
The Disneyland Resort Express provides the most convenient mode of transportation between LAX and the Disneyland Resort area—including both Disneyland Resort and Anaheim Resort hotels. Upon exiting the baggage claim area at LAX, proceed to the center island. You may board the Disneyland Resort Express underneath the green sign in front of each terminal. Buses depart frequently, beginning at Terminal #1. Reservations are not required, but there is a fee to ride."
....thanks.....about how long is the ride from LAX to Paradise Pier?

Rideshares are also available from LAX. I’ve used Lyft & Uber. Time it takes depends on traffic. About 40 mins if no traffic, if there is traffic that could double.

I can’t recommend the Disneyland Resort Express due to how long you can wait for a shuttle to arrive. There are also car services like Lanskys. While I haven’t used them I’ve seen them recommended here & they give you a grocery stop on your way & car seats if you have kids. As stated above SuperShuttle also operates this route. A few years back I had an insane driver so I won’t use them again.

....thanks.....about how long is the ride from LAX to Paradise Pier?

As indicated above, it depends on time of day and traffic. I would estimate anywhere from one to two hours. It could even climb higher with accidents and gapers blocks. With respect to the DRE, it leaves once an hour. If you just miss one you would have to wait as much as an hour for the next one. Other rideshares and Lanskys will leave the airport quicker, but will cost more. I'll be solo my next trip, so I'm not comfortable with Lyft and/or Uber.

I've used both SuperShuttle and Lansky's for one-way travel. Lansky is pricier, but very convenient. The drivers have always been very courteous and had clean vehicles. Nice to ride in comfort and be able to leave as soon as you land & have your baggage. The driver will meet you by the luggage carousel and help you with your bags to the car.

I've used both SuperShuttle and Lansky's for one-way travel. Lansky is pricier, but very convenient. The drivers have always been very courteous and had clean vehicles. Nice to ride in comfort and be able to leave as soon as you land & have your baggage. The driver will meet you by the luggage carousel and help you with your bags to the car.
...would you know off-hand how much more? I believe the DL Shuttle is $24/pp.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter