Can little one swim in Poly pool after dinner @ 'Ohana's while staying @ CSR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoingtoWDWagain

All because two people fell in love.....
Hi, we will be staying at CSR and plan on having dinner @ 'Ohana's. Would it be okay for little one to swim in Poly pool after dinner? I know we're not Poly guests but we are WDW guests. Has anyone ever did this? Can we be asked to leave? Last year, my little one wanted to but, I wasn't sure if this was okay so, she just played w/ the sand in the beach area. I know she'll be asking again this year.

Thanks in advance!:D

Originally posted by GoingtoWDWagain
Hi, we will be staying at CSR and plan on having dinner @ 'Ohana's. Would it be okay for little one to swim in Poly pool after dinner? I know we're not Poly guests but we are WDW guests. Has anyone ever did this? Can we be asked to leave? Last year, my little one wanted to but, I wasn't sure if this was okay so, she just played w/ the sand in the beach area. I know she'll be asking again this year.

Thanks in advance!:D

No you cannot. You have to be a guest at that resort. When we were staying at the Poly last May the lifeguard actually asked someone to leave that was staying at the WL. The mom was watching her little girl play in the pool.

I think that you should be allowed to swim in the Volcano pool simply because you were able to spell 'Ohana correctly. Usually, around here it's know as the Polynesian Irish pub, O'Hana. ;)

If you want to swim in the pool there, pay the money to stay there. Even if it's one night, if it's that important to you, change resorts during your stay. Otherwise, no you can't. And you can, and likely will be asked to leave.

Your child is welcome to play in the sand on the beach though.

Anne

How old is your little one? Hopefully it won't really be an issue! For us on our last trip there were a lot of times that we had to say no to DS (2 1/2) and he was mostly okay with it. We used distractions or told him he couldn't do X because we were going to do Y instead. :)

In addition to the beach there are also boat rentals. And the boat that goes to the Grand Floridian, the MK & back. That's more fun than swimming to me!

Enjoy your trip!

Has anybody else noticed the sign by the Poly beach stating the use of the beach is for Poly guests only?

It doesn't matter whether there's a sign or not ... no pool-hopping. If you want to swim in Poly pool, get a room there.

Originally posted by jk1
Has anybody else noticed the sign by the Poly beach stating the use of the beach is for Poly guests only?

I saw it also. I've even read it in Birnbaums that the beaches are for use only by those guests at that particular resort.

Would everybody give GoingtoWDWagain a break here? As you can tell, he/she is new to the boards here and was honestly asking a legitimate question here. Don't we have enough threads on this board full of smart alek comments and criticisms from apparently bitter folks about pool hopping?

It's beyond me why anyone would feel the need to be so snippy when someone just asks a simple question.

The answer, without the attitude, is WDW has a policy that restricts the use of the resort pools to the guests that are staying there. That's the rule. HOWEVER, some people have reported asking the resort if they could use one resort pool or another and were told on a case by case basis that they could. If it's important to you, I would just explain my reasons for wanting to make use of the pool and see what they say. As always, Disney makes the rules, Disney can bend or break them whenever they so desire.

Some people just hate that answer!;)

Actually the name of the restaurant is 'Ohana (no "s" at the end).

*edited for typo*

Some people always stay at deluxe resorts, and have experienced multiple problems with guests from moderate and value resorts who swim in whatever pool they want, causing overcrowded conditions for those who pay to stay in the deluxe resorts.

I don't think I've EVER read someone wanting to swim in the AS pools while staying at the Polynesian. It's because generally speaking, the pools a the deluxe resorts are nicer. That's one of the reasons the deluxe resorts cost more money.

I don't think that Disney should allow pool hopping, except as a perk of DVC ownership and when the main pool at a resort is closed or undergoing substantial renovations.

It's simply not fair to those who pay a lot of money to stay at resorts with higher levels of amenities to have to suffer overcrowding due to "visitors".

If someone wants to swim in a particular resorts pool they should rent a room at that resort. It's the right and fair thing to do. If you don't like the pool at the resort you are staying at, or want a better pool, no one is stopping anyone from staying at a different resort.

Anne

Originally posted by peachgirl
It's beyond me why anyone would feel the need to be so snippy when someone just asks a simple question.

The answer, without the attitude, is WDW has a policy that restricts the use of the resort pools to the guests that are staying there. That's the rule. HOWEVER, some people have reported asking the resort if they could use one resort pool or another and were told on a case by case basis that they could. If it's important to you, I would just explain my reasons for wanting to make use of the pool and see what they say. As always, Disney makes the rules, Disney can bend or break them whenever they so desire.

Some people just hate that answer!;)

Nicely done Peachgirl.

For the life of me, I don't understand the hostility on these boards lately. I've been around a while and have seen it, and know where to expect them from, but new people are just going to walk out of them with a very negative experience.

Let's allow people to ask questions without the fear of reprisals, please.

We always stay at the Poly and I must have missed the sign about only Poly guests using the beach. I would think that a lot of the people from other resorts who use the beach to watch the fireworks would be turned away if this was true. I don't think using the beach is a terrible offence. I say, let your little one play on the beach after dinner, just don't let her go in the water. It's reportedly unsanitary and we did see signs asking that people not go into the water. Have a nice visit to Ohana and consider a stay when you can get a good code on a GV. Threehearts

While I'm not disagreeing in the existance of the Polynesian beach sign, I don't recall seeing it. I hope they use it this year on July 4th so they do'nt have the problems that they did last year, and keep non Polynesian resort guests off the beach during the fireworks.

I won't be there, but I can empathize with those that will, and will have their experience detracted from because of people who aren't paying to stay there overcrowding the beach area.

Anne

Originally posted by ducklite
Some people always stay at deluxe resorts, and have experienced multiple problems with guests from moderate and value resorts who swim in whatever pool they want, causing overcrowded conditions for those who pay to stay in the deluxe resorts.

Anne

It isn't just the value and moderate people coming to the deluxe resorts. As I said in a previous post it is also deluxe going to the deluxe. There was someone from the WL at the Poly pool last October. I stay deluxe but would love to hit the AS pools. They look so cool and my 4 y/o would love it. That will never happen though as I don't want to stay in the AS rooms. You make is it sound like it's the have-nots flocking over to the haves. In reality it's the haves having to have more then they are entitled too. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter