Can little one swim in Poly pool after dinner @ 'Ohana's while staying @ CSR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by BrianD
Would everybody give GoingtoWDWagain a break here? As you can tell, he/she is new to the boards here and was honestly asking a legitimate question here. Don't we have enough threads on this board full of smart alek comments and criticisms from apparently bitter folks about pool hopping?

Thank you, Brian. She is obviously new and a simple answer would have sufficed. Geesh! Don't worry Goingto, not everyone here is nasty.

Originally posted by Threehearts
We always stay at the Poly and I must have missed the sign about only Poly guests using the beach. I would think that a lot of the people from other resorts who use the beach to watch the fireworks would be turned away if this was true. I don't think using the beach is a terrible offence. I say, let your little one play on the beach after dinner, just don't let her go in the water. It's reportedly unsanitary and we did see signs asking that people not go into the water. Have a nice visit to Ohana and consider a stay when you can get a good code on a GV. Threehearts

There is a large sign right beyond the pool area a few feet onto the beach. It was there in October anyway. I did have a bad experience with some little punk using the beach though. LOL! I was trying to lay out on a pool chair on the beach when this little 3 y/o? kept coming over to me with a bucket of sand. His idiot mother kept saying, "No Alex, the lady doesn't want to build sand castles with you." He continued to come over even though they were seated about 30 feet away so she had plenty of time to stop him. Anyway he came over and dumped an entire bucket of sand on my back! Ahhhhhhhh! I just spritzed some oily sunscreen on me so the sand really stuck. The mother was mortified which she should have been. What a moron she was. So she proceeds to tell me that they are not even staying at the Poly but over at the WL! Then she says that they are going to try out the pool next. I told her right then that the pool is for guests and that if she tried it I would make it my business to rat her out. LOL! Well she tried it but I didn't have to tell anyone. A lifeguard asked for her ID a little while later and out she was. :D

Originally posted by skiwee1
It isn't just the value and moderate people coming to the deluxe resorts. As I said in a previous post it is also deluxe going to the deluxe. There was someone from the WL at the Poly pool last October. I stay deluxe but would love to hit the AS pools. They look so cool and my 4 y/o would love it. That will never happen though as I don't want to stay in the AS rooms. You make is it sound like it's the have-nots flocking over to the haves. In reality it's the haves having to have more then they are entitled too. :D

OK, so there are some exceptions to my statement, but read these boards, 90% or more of the people looking to pool hop to deluxe resorts are staying value or moderate.

If you want to call me a have, that's fine. I work two jobs to have the money to do Disney nicely. And I don't enjoy having people who are paying a lot less at another resort crowding me out of the one that I've paid a lot of money to stay at. I'm sure most will agree.

Anne

I feel really sorry for the poster of this thread. She just wanted an answer, not a judgement. To Ducklite, I disagree with you about the moderate folks coming to the deluxes. We have been at the POR for 4 years now and wouldn't trade there fantastic pool and slide for a second of the Poly pool. Gosh, it was pretty snobby of you to say such a thing. I also wouldn't trade POR's atmosphere and entire resort for a second of staying at the Poly. She just wanted a simple answer, thats all.

And I don't enjoy having people who are paying a lot less at another resort crowding me out of the one that I've paid a lot of money to stay at.

We have always stayed at a Deluxe or Home Away From Home resort, so I'm wondering....How is it you know where these droves of people crowding you out are staying and that they paid less than you? Do they have "ALL STARS" stamped on their foreheads with the room rate beside it ?? If so, do you need those "I'm better than you are" glasses on to be able to see it?

Since your complaint seems to be that it irritates you that someone is swimming in your resort pool who paid less than you, I guess if they paid more it wouldn't be a problem?

We're staying at OKW and I know our villa costs significantly more than most ( if not all) deluxe resort standard rooms. However, the OKW pool is nothing to write home about. I guess because I'm paying more $$'s pool hopping is ok for me!

See ya' poolside!

I guess pretty soon, they'll have those of us "bargain hunters" who stay at the deluxes and home away from homes with codes, wear T-Shirts or brand on our foreheads that we are recipients of code rates. This way we can all be put up in one section of the resort as to not disturb those that pay rack rates or more than we did.

Unbelieveable!!!!!!!!!

Too many of these posts are turning out this way lately, and I feel terrible for all the newbies who are coming to these boards for help and information and are put down.

I just got back from a stay at the Poly and I saw several 'poachers' at the beach & pool that were clearly NOT staying at the resort (they had their own towels, and their "All Star" refillable mugs!). No one ever questioned them, or asked for proof of where they were staying. They were starting to really annoy me (they 'plopped down' right next to me on the beach, took one of the 'cabana chairs', and were very loud and obnoxious!) I was very close to complaining to someone, but then they decided to hop the ferry and try the Grand Floridian pool! I also saw several kids with skate boards and roller blades on the property (a supposed 'no-no' in WDW) and they were never reprimanded or told to stop.

I don't think you would have a problem using the pool. Good luck :)

L.

Well Said Lizzie, i cannot believe how some people can FLAME others the way they do.

OH I Forgot SOME PEOPLE KNOW EVERYTHING.their way is ALWAYS the right way:mad:

I have to say that we are not big fans of the Poly pool but stay there because we like the LV and concierge. The monorail's a plus too. My little boy refuses to go down the Poly slide and I think that water is a little cool. I LOVE the POR pool and I very much like the WL pool but I haven't stayed there in recent years because of the convenience of a monorail resort is very important to us. I'll tell you what- I'll give you my room key for 2 hours if you are staying at the All-Stars as my son is dying to try that pool and you can come over to the Poly and try out the slide and the beach...........LOL, just kidding! I have had kids ruin my clothes by throwing up repeatedly on them(Oh yeah! I forgot! Those were the kids in the ICU where I was working as a nurse and their chemo was making them vomit). Give me a break !!! Threehearts

We were just at WDW 3 weeks ago, and we ate at 'Ohana and then went out to the beach for the fireworks (we were staying at POR.) I didn't see the sign, but it was dark and I wasn't looking. They weren't enforcing that rule the night we were there, but maybe they do on busy nights, such as July 4th? I don't see a problem with going out to the beach to see the fireworks, especially if you've just eaten there, etc. I wouldn't use the pool, though.

To the OP: I hope you're not turned off by the DIS because of a few of the posts here, most of the people here are terrific and so helpful, I hope we've been a help to you!!:D

I was referring to the people who post here and ask about pool hopping, the great majority of them are staying at value or moderate resorts.

As far as my personal experiences, I have seen many people with resort mugs from other resorts at the BW pool, and before they gated it and got tough, SAB. That's generally a pretty good indication taht those people are "crashers". Two years ago I was in the hot tub at the BW (where I am an owner) and the two ladies there were talking about how they wish they could stay there rather than the AS because the BW pool is so much nicer. The pool was very crowded, I hadn't been able to get a chair, and they were taking up two loungers in prime sun space.

Frankly it has nothing to do with haves and have nots, or how much you paid for your room. It has to do with what you are entitled to by the resort you've chosen to stay in. If you aren't happy with that resorts amenities, you should choose another resort.

Anne

To the OP: We stayed at the Polynesian in December and our 3 yr. old actually had more fun playing in the sand and chasing the birds than he did in the pool (he only played in the pool twice; went down the slide once and didn't like it for whatever reason). Even if she can't use the pool I think your daughter will have fun regardless, mainly because she'll be with her loving family and you'll all be at WDW!!! Have a good time!!! :)

Originally posted by JOC
To the OP: We stayed at the Polynesian in December and our 3 yr. old actually had more fun playing in the sand and chasing the birds than he did in the pool (he only played in the pool twice; went down the slide once and didn't like it for whatever reason). Even if she can't use the pool I think your daughter will have fun regardless, mainly because she'll be with her loving family and you'll all be at WDW!!! Have a good time!!! :)

Can I assume that they sell sand toys at the Poly. This way I don't have to lug them from home.

Who cares about the Poly pool when you have the pool at CSR????

Wait until you see the pool area! It is sooo beautiful! The slide is great and the kiddie pool has cool fountains that spray water into the air. The playground is right there also, with a sandy area to play in. The HOT TUB is huge and there is always plenty of room.

We stayed at CSR a few weeks ago and went to dinner at Ohana's. The pool area is very nice, with the nicest feature being that view of the Castle! It is also zero entry, which is nice. I dare say your daughter would be too tired anyway (from having so much fun at the CSR pool). I'm sure you will be wanting to get back to CSR after dinner to use the hot tub. Make sure to check ID's, so that no "hot tubless" guests sneak in!

Lizzie,

Yes, they do sell sand toys at the little shop next to the pool :)

Teresa

I almost hate to ask this question, but we are staying at the Polynesian for our first time after our Disney Cruise for just one night. We will be arriving around 9:30 or 10:00 A.M. Will it be o.k. for us to use the pools if our room is not available until later in the afternoon? If so, is there a place to change or do we have to get a day room (if Disney even does that)? Please don't get angry if I asked a controversial question.
Ann

Ann, not a hot topic at all! As soon as you check in, whether your room is ready or not, you are a guest of the resort & can use all the facilities. They have a changing room by each pool.

We did the same thing, checked in after our cruise, and our room was ready right away. But it wasn't a busy time of year.

Have a great trip!

Thanks, Gillian! Sounds great! Since we are only spending one day at the MK, should we just purchase a one day pass at the check in desk at the Polynesian?
Ann

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter