• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can little one swim in Poly pool after dinner @ 'Ohana's while staying @ CSR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by ducklite
OK, so there are some exceptions to my statement, but read these boards, 90% or more of the people looking to pool hop to deluxe resorts are staying value or moderate.

If you want to call me a have, that's fine. I work two jobs to have the money to do Disney nicely. And I don't enjoy having people who are paying a lot less at another resort crowding me out of the one that I've paid a lot of money to stay at. I'm sure most will agree.

Anne

I wasn't inferring that you were a have! LOL! T hat would mean that I'm a have too as I only stay at deluxes! I too do not want anyone at the pools that don't belong whether they are staying at the GF suite or the AS. I just meant that it isn't just the values migrating to the deluxes. There are deluxes attempting to hop too. I apolgize if you thought I meant you were a have.:o

Originally posted by peachgirl
We have always stayed at a Deluxe or Home Away From Home resort, so I'm wondering....How is it you know where these droves of people crowding you out are staying and that they paid less than you? Do they have "ALL STARS" stamped on their foreheads with the room rate beside it ?? If so, do you need those "I'm better than you are" glasses on to be able to see it?

Since your complaint seems to be that it irritates you that someone is swimming in your resort pool who paid less than you, I guess if they paid more it wouldn't be a problem?

We're staying at OKW and I know our villa costs significantly more than most ( if not all) deluxe resort standard rooms. However, the OKW pool is nothing to write home about. I guess because I'm paying more $$'s pool hopping is ok for me!

See ya' poolside!

Those AS folks are pretty easy to spot. When you see some overweight middle aged man in a speedo and a wifebeater it is a sure thing they are AS material! LOL!:jester:

Originally posted by JOC
To the OP: We stayed at the Polynesian in December and our 3 yr. old actually had more fun playing in the sand and chasing the birds than he did in the pool (he only played in the pool twice; went down the slide once and didn't like it for whatever reason). Even if she can't use the pool I think your daughter will have fun regardless, mainly because she'll be with her loving family and you'll all be at WDW!!! Have a good time!!! :)

My 3 y/o loves the Poly pool. We ended up staying at the pool more then going to the parks last time! All I hear about is how she can't wait to get back to the Poly pool. We have stayed at the WL and really didn't like their pool at all.

Originally posted by Ashley24
I almost hate to ask this question, but we are staying at the Polynesian for our first time after our Disney Cruise for just one night. We will be arriving around 9:30 or 10:00 A.M. Will it be o.k. for us to use the pools if our room is not available until later in the afternoon? If so, is there a place to change or do we have to get a day room (if Disney even does that)? Please don't get angry if I asked a controversial question.
Ann

Yes, you can swim in the pools when you arrive in this situation. There are changing facilities in teh restrooms by the pools, and there are towels available poolside.

I don't think WDW even offers day rooms.

You're going to love the cruise :)

Anne

Originally posted by lizzie64

Too many of these posts are turning out this way lately, and I feel terrible for all the newbies who are coming to these boards for help and information and are put down.

I'm sure there are alot of newbies with questions, (just like we all had) that would not dare to post for fear of the snide comments that keep popping up. There is no reason for anyone to be treated with the disrespect that has been shown by 1 or 2 posters. Why these people feel it neccessary to "talk" down to someone who has a question is beyond me. Please if you can't answer without contempt, than just don't bother. There are plenty of people who are willing to be helpful without the attitude.

Originally posted by Gillian
I thought all the overweight men in Speedos were at the AKL pool, smoking cigarettes. :rolleyes: :teeth:

Actually how about this mental picture--

Man had to have been 350, probably closer to 400 lbs, in a Speedo, with so much back hair that at first I thought he was wearing a rug, and a really bad toupee that was on crooked, in a Speedo at the GF pool. And he was smoking this HUGE, chewed up cigar. Even my husband was grossed out. It was so bad it was almost funny.

But even better--about 7 years ago I was staying at the Embassy Suites in Altamonte, FL and went down to sit in the hot tub for awhile. DH and I were having a nice chat with another couple, and in walks this guy, who takes off his robe. He has NOTHING on under it. He walked up to the pool and dove in like it was perfectly normal. This other lady went screaming out of there, and a minute later a manager was there trying to explain to this man who spoke no English that he had to putn on a swim suit or get out of the pool It was hysterical!

Anne

I somehow knew this topic would blow up when I saw it earlier. I don't post here much, but do lurk quite often, and just had to say that the snotty attitude initially displayed to the topic starter was not necessary.

I understand the point of view of the Polynesian guests who don't want guests of other resorts crowding the pool. In fact, I'm one who has paid to stay there, on multiple occasions, and has seen the pool get pretty crowded. BUT, I tend not to be the type who assumes that the overcrowding is due to folks from the moderate and value resorts. I also don't assume that because a person is staying at a moderate, they are at a different status than someone staying deluxe.

To the topic starter..
I hope this thread has not turned you off to the boards, as there is a wealth of great info here. Good luck on your trip.

Hi everyone, to those that were so kind to answer such a simple question, THANK YOU VERY MUCH! To the rest of you that got way off topic:
1) I have stayed at the Poly!
2) I CAN afford the Poly!
3) I am not pool hopping!
4) I did spell 'Ohana's correctly!
5) I've also stayed at CSR and the pool at CSR is just as nice as the Poly pool! (that's just a matter of personal preference)
Now I'll get back on topic!

The question was "after dinner at 'Ohana's can my little one swim in the pool"? I didn't mean the whole family was going for a dip! I didn't mean that she will swim for hours and we will lounge on chairs around pool area! I consider myself to be VERY considerate and fair to others! I wouldn't just "PLOOP" on a pool side chair and act as if I'm a Poly guest! If you read my post correctly then you would have read that I went for dinner at 'Ohana's last year and my daughter wanted to swim and because I wasn't sure I didn't allow her to swim! I think you totally misunderstood my post and should have read it again before posting your unnecessary response! If I was the kind of person you assumed me to be, then I would have just went and took a dip w/ my daughter and not gave a hoot what anyone thought! However, I asked the question because I wouldn't want to do anything that is not allowed at a resort that I'm not a guest of!:mad: Please do not respond to my post, I think enough has been said, about this topic. Next time, I'll just call the resort and ask! :mad:

Again, THANK YOU to those who were so kind and answered my question without getting way off topic!:D

Very well said, i hope the RUDE POSTERS will not keep you from posting here. there are some posters here that act like they know everything and what they say is right,they always have NEGATIVE things to say when someone askes a simple question.just sounds to me like they are very UNHAPPY and try to bring everyone else down to.
again, i am sorry for all the rude comments made to you.
HAVE A MAGICAL TRIP.:p

The surgeon who saved my friend's child a few years ago was about 350 pounds and had a lot of body hair (of course I did not see his back but he was HAIRY...except for his head which was bald ...maybe he left his toupee at home). Not sure if he smoked cigars or wore a speedo....and perhaps he would "gross out" some of the posters on this board but he was a hero and a good man. Lets not judge people by their appearance and rather by the content of their character. I don't think he had any time to sit by the pool at the Grand Floridian laughing at other people though. He was too busy HELPING other people.

As for the original poster....I am not usually this sarcastic but I have really had a hard time reading some of the tacky comments by a few people (all well known to those frequent dis members). I have stayed at deluxe, moderates and budget hotels in my day. My son has a mug from the All Stars hotel and he takes it to disney every time we go. He used it when we stayed at the Poly concierge in August for his complimentary soda. I guess some people thought we were "crashers".

I feel better now!

Originally posted by Gillian
I thought all the overweight men in Speedos were at the AKL pool, smoking cigarettes. :rolleyes: :teeth:

ROTFLMAO!!! that just reminded me of Typhoon Lagoon!!!

'Ohana does NOT end with an 's."

From the Walt Disney World website:

'Ohana

'Ohana features American Grilling influenced by the flavors and traditions of Polynesia. This festive family-style restaurant is situated around a 18-foot-long open fire pit where an all you care to enjoy feast of shrimp, beef, poultry and pork are grilled on skewers delivered right to your table. 'Ohana offers refreshing tropical drinks created at our Tiki Bar and specialty desserts prepared in our open kitchen. The restaurant also features a daily family style character breakfast hosted by Mickey Mouse and friends. Located on the second floor of the Great Ceremonial House at Disney's Polynesian Resort, just steps away from the monorail.

I didn't mean to offend anyone by continuing with the overweight comment. It's just that there were a lot of guys in speedos smoking at the AKL pool last time I was there. I'm sure they were perfectly nice people. Americans are funny about bodies, aren't we? :)

And to the OP, I'm sorry that some people were so harsh about your question.

Those AS folks are pretty easy to spot. When you see some overweight middle aged man in a speedo and a wifebeater it is a sure thing they are AS material! LOL!

Even with a smile face, I find this remark rude. Do people think as long as they tack on a smiley face they can say things like this?We are not trailer trash (although we do own a very expensive 2 year old Holiday Rambler 30 foot RV we have been known to travel in), and I resent some of the remarks on this board from what I consider some real snobs.

We stay at moderates and values. We also have been to Disney 7 times in the last two years..more times than I can remember over my lifetime (we also vacation each year in other spots). I don't come down for a quick weekend, I come for 7-10 days each trip. I fly in, and it can get expensive from NY. I enjoy the warmth of Florida, and can do this by using codes and staying at the less expensive hotels. My husband wouldn't be caught dead in a speedo, and it's more a lack of hair, than a big hairy body for him. But we have gone to Beaches and Cream enough time to see Speedo's in that pool, and they were wearing a tag on their wrists, which tells me they were staying there. I've enjoyed some of those Speedo's! Fat, thin, cigar (which you'll smell on the GF beach often)..there is no way without being told to tell who belongs where.

How you can take the OP's simple little note, and turn it into such a bunch of rude posts, I don't know, I think you all ought to be ashamed of yourselves. I see the same people at the Allstars and POR, that I see at AK, etc.

I can't believe that a moderator hasn't happened upon this. All of the wonderful trips we have had to Disney..we certainly haven't run into some of you..thank God!

Originally posted by dmfuru
'Ohana does NOT end with an 's."

From the Walt Disney World website:

'Ohana

Your sarcasm is not welcome here. :mad:

Cut the lady a break - it was a simple question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter