Can you re-shop a cruise as well as booking a placeholder?

gismo1554

DIS Veteran
The question really says it all. I know I want to reshop a cruise I already have booked but not sure if you can also book a placeholder or not? Does anyone know the rules? I searched and can't see to find anything that answers it.

No. It’s 1 future cruise for the full OBB benefits. You can re-shop the cruise you already have booked. Or you can book a placeholder. Not both.

Enjoy your cruise!

I believe that the only exception would be if you had someone in your cabin that lives at a different address; then you could re-book the cruise you already have and the other adult would be able to book a cruise/buy a placeholder. But as the PP said, only one OBB benefit per cruise per family.

But as the PP said, only one OBB benefit per cruise per family.
To clarify: It's one OBB benefit per cruise per household address. A family could have more than one household address, and, thus, be able to book more than one set of reservations/placeholders.

YMMV but a family, with one household address, split into two staterooms can also book two sets of reservations/placeholders. The system allows it. The onboard future cruise planner may disagree, but the system allows the booking to be made.

YMMV but a family, with one household address, split into two staterooms can also book two sets of reservations/placeholders. The system allows it. The onboard future cruise planner may disagree, but the system allows the booking to be made.
If someone is allowed to do it, they are lucky. The restrictions say "per household sailing". Even if that address is spread between multiple rooms.

I'm not saying that the CM manning the reservations onboard can't figure out how to manipulate the computer to get multiple bookings for the same address, but that's not how the program is set up.

Yes, I've seen that post before and have had it quoted to me as well, but as I said, the system allows it - and in my view, if the system did not allow it that would be the final word. There was no manipulation in my case, no coercing of the CM or anything like that - we submitted placeholder forms and shoreside handled it all. No issues.

It was actually a CM who told me that the official policy, and the one accepted by the computer booking system, is that you can book two staterooms, per household per stateroom, on a future sailing.

Thanks all. I felt this might be the case so may rethink whether I bother with reshopping or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter