Canada Post delivery (Issues?)

ottawamom

The "Air Miles" Lady
A number of us have been posting about our growing frustration with Black Friday/Cyber Monday orders that were shipped Canada Post not arriving. Feel free to join in with your experience (good or bad)

To kick things off. My Best Buy purchase Dec 2. Shipment ready for pickup Dec 4, actually picked up by Canada Post Dec 9. It was supposed to be delivered Dec 10. The parcel has been sitting "In Transit" from Mississauga since 9:30pm on Dec 9. When I check the tracking it still says anticipated delivery Dec 10, it's now the 16th. Maybe they meant 2020 not 2019.

I tried calling Canada Post and apparently their agents can see no more information than we can online on the tracking tool.

So, how long do we wait before going back to the store and asking for another item?

I just contacted Indigo again regarding my Nov. 24th order. They responded that things are taking a little longer and if I don't see any movement in 48 hours to let them know and they would check it out. My tracking says that my item is in Scarborough in a secure location since Dec. 10. It is supposed to be in Saskatchewan. I told them that I think it is time for them to check it out.

Another shipment from the same order never got picked up by the post office after a shipment label was made. I complained about that one and they sent another which arrived today however I have tracking information that another one of the same item is also on the way, hahahahaha.

My parcel that I sent myself to Saskatchewan from Toronto that headed west to Winnipeg and then to Regina, then back east to Winnipeg, then stalled has not updated lately. Hopefully I see movement in that soon.

I’m in the same boat. Walmart order Nov 29. Shipment picked up Dec 1 in Mississauga, expected delivery Dec 9. Current status Dec 16 is “in transit”. It’s a $200 item so I really don’t want to have to repurchase it. So frustrating! I think I’ll call Walmart tomorrow.

I just submitted a ticket with Canada Post. I don't think it will do any good but it's something.

Then I went to check my email and found out that Canada Post expects 20% of mail to be delayed this year. Apparently it doesn't matter how the items were sent. Priority Post or expedited items are not better than regular mail.

I have had a number of problems with Canada Post this year, so for most parcels from amazon I now choose to have them delivered to the post office near work. They seem to arrive there in better time than if they were coming to my home. I had one stolen from my porch, one dropped in the middle of my lawn, and one that was a tag left where to pick it up that wasn't where the tag said it should be, I filed a complaint for that one and still it ended up getting sent back so I never got the item. All-in-all it is very frustrating. The one that was stolen really annoyed me because I also had two other parcels delivered that same day by other companies that were fine. Any way!

File a ticket/complaint but don't expect it to resolve anything unfortunately. I've heard the same thing, that they are overwhelmed with parcels this year.

I hear you. I figure if people don't file complaint tickets they won't get the idea that we are frustrated with their system. From now on when shopping from a store I'll just have it shipped to store. Delivery has been good up until now, for us at least.

Here is what frosts my goat about Canada Post as a whole. They charge and arm and a leg and sometimes your first born to send a parcel that is paid for by size. Fine...I get that you need to make your money just like any other business...BUT...when parcels are lost, delayed for weeks, mail is delivered open with gift cards or cash ( yes I know we aren't allowed to send cash but we all know it happens ) missing from said cards and items stating that they have been delivered, but yet peoples door bell cameras show no one delivering " missing /stolen " packages. When these things are continually happening with no consequences for them...it is hard to trust them as a provider. I have to use Canada post to send my family things, as purolator and fed ex don't deliver to the small Saskatchewan city they live in. And it ticks me too to send them items. I always have to tell them to expect a package and we are all watching the tracking.

And with all this circus with packages...Canada Post employees wonder why the rest of Canada is upset with them when they go on strike and demand more money for their crappy services the provide to us :rolleyes1 If I had another choice to spend my money and send packages a different way...I would. I always take my money to businesses who give me quality customer care. They do not and it ticks me off!!!! Rant over

My experience doesn't pertain to Black Friday but I'll give it anyways. I hate them every bit as much as the next, lol.

I live in a subdivision that's not overly large. It was designed with 7 sections, just meaning they would be built in that order. We moved into the second section and had home delivery. Never a problem. Postman was always punctual and polite. Ten years ago we moved into section six which is two blocks away from our old house. No home delivery, we get the green boxes for pick up. No big deal, its only four houses down, but here's the kicker. It's not actually Canada Post that delivers to the boxes. They have hired outside companies to do it. It's some guy in a station wagon some days, other days it's some guy in a van. They come when they want, if they want. Okay, I can wait a day or two to get the bills right?

I went online to order something. It was something I could have picked up at the mall that is two miles away but I thought I would just order online and save the trip. The package might have weighed two pounds, it was just a yoga mat. I didn't realize that the company I ordered from used CP but as I had never had a parcel delivered at the new house as yet I didn't really know there would be a problem. It's still a mailed Canada Post product that postage was paid for so I'll get it.

Turns out outside companies that have a contract with CP don't have to deliver parcels. Even though the delivery address is right by the mail box they don't have to stop. They are taken to our closest post outlet and left for pick up there. Turns out the nearest post outlet was a Shoppers that was in the mall I didn't want to go to! I wasted two weeks and extra dollars to purchase something I could have had in minutes. Sent off a customer service message to CP explaining what happened and how I was upset. They didn't care, that's when they explained to me that the contractors don't have to deliver to homes if they don't wish to. I sent off a customer service message to the company I ordered from and told them I would not be ordering from them again as long as they used CP. Didn't hear from them but probably they didn't care anyways.

Also, as to cost, I mail a parcel to the UK and it never costs under $30 for the smallest box, if its a card I can count on $3 minimum. When I get parcels from the UK the postage is never over $5 and they never have to squash items into a small box just to pay less. It's amazing the price difference.
I don't mind paying if there is service but the service with CP disappeared with the mailman who no longer delivers to my home.
Rant over.....Merry Christmas all.

Yay, two of my three missing parcels have finally arrived and the last one is being re-shipped!

So funny I found this post, ordered from Roots on black Friday. Only Black Friday order that didn't arrive, and it was my only order with Canada Post delivery. Amazon leaves packages on the porch, so there is always a fear something will get swiped, but it never has. Canda post delivers to the mailbox and we got an email it delivered but it never did. Now I am in the investigation phase with Canada post (who knows how long that will take). Thank goodness my order wasn't Christmas presents!

So funny I found this post, ordered from Roots on black Friday. Only Black Friday order that didn't arrive, and it was my only order with Canada Post delivery. Amazon leaves packages on the porch, so there is always a fear something will get swiped, but it never has. Canda post delivers to the mailbox and we got an email it delivered but it never did. Now I am in the investigation phase with Canada post (who knows how long that will take). Thank goodness my order wasn't Christmas presents!

I will say, having been through this more than once, you will not likely get the parcel back. Hopefully you will be able to re-order it. And it will take awhile for CP to process things. Good luck! Also make sure you have notified Roots. They may be able to help with Canada post.

Canada post is a heated discussion where we live. They have many community mailboxes that are always being broken into here. Our area was slated to have our home mail delivery changed to those community boxes...but because of high theft here, and also people just being upset and spamming them with phonecalls and emails...they reversed that decision.

But our community mail boxes are always being broke into almost daily. There are multiple fb posts on community pages about the problem. One even posted ( with pictures showing the damage ) about mail and packages being delivered into boxes that are so severely damaged and not fixed...causing even more theft. It is mind baffling that they would do that.

I spent 38.00 to send one small box and 4 xmas cards. How pathetic is that!!!!! It was 25.00 for regular post and 33 for express post...and of course...I want it tracked...so I paid the extra. but geeze...That's half the cost of the gift I sent.

I have a half eaten $20 US Bill that I should send to Washington to have replaced. It would cost me $27Cdn to send the bill. I will just wait till we make another trip to Washington and hand it in in person.

Just called Best Buy about my DH shipment of my computer. Sat on hold for 30 minutes to find out they can't talk to me...

We then started talking in hypothetically. I warned her that DH will not be happy after he sits on hold for 30 min. Could she at least confirm that he would be able to get a resolution (options) to the problem when he called. Otherwise it was not going to be pleasant in this house after the call. She laughed. Assured me a resolution looked possible so he will call this evening.

I just want my computer.

I have a half eaten $20 US Bill that I should send to Washington to have replaced. It would cost me $27Cdn to send the bill. I will just wait till we make another trip to Washington and hand it in in person.
Hmmm, have you tried taking it to a Canadian bank? I only ask because there is a chance they will exchange it for you. Depends on the branch I suppose. I know we will do it for Canadian bills, no question. If they want to be bothered with US is another matter. If your branch won't do it the keep it in hand and if you pass another branch of your bank try again. You may just get lucky. I know I would have done it for a good client as we held mutilated US bills that come in with a regular shipment. Shipped back what we held every year or so.

Just called Best Buy about my DH shipment of my computer. Sat on hold for 30 minutes to find out they can't talk to me...

We then started talking in hypothetically. I warned her that DH will not be happy after he sits on hold for 30 min. Could she at least confirm that he would be able to get a resolution (options) to the problem when he called. Otherwise it was not going to be pleasant in this house after the call. She laughed. Assured me a resolution looked possible so he will call this evening.

I just want my computer.

Why did you not buy it from your Local store , in the first place ?

Keep local people employed in local shops

It was Cyber Monday and there weren't any left at my local store. DH just ordered it online thinking it would arrive promptly. He just got off the phone with Best Buy. He has ordered another one at the sale price, paid for it on his CC and when Best Buy gets confirmation from Canada Post that it is lost they will credit his card for the first one.

If Canada Post finds the first one and delivers it we just have to return it to get the credit.

Hmmm, have you tried taking it to a Canadian bank? I only ask because there is a chance they will exchange it for you. Depends on the branch I suppose. I know we will do it for Canadian bills, no question. If they want to be bothered with US is another matter. If your branch won't do it the keep it in hand and if you pass another branch of your bank try again. You may just get lucky. I know I would have done it for a good client as we held mutilated US bills that come in with a regular shipment. Shipped back what we held every year or so.
I took two others to a bank in the US and they replaced those. They couldn't replace the last on as there was only 65% of it left. It will have to wait for a trip to Washington to drop off. They will replace it at that time.

Well...I had placed an order with the children's place on Dec 5. Order was supposed to be here Dec 16. I finally checked and tracked the package....it's still sitting Edmonton....and scheduled for delivery on Dec 23. Only I had ( like all my packages ) I get them sent to my work - due to high theft in all areas of our city. And Guess What!!!!! We are closed the week of christmas :headache: I'm crossing my fingers that it will arrive here today or tomorrow...but honestly...it shouldn't take 3 weeks for a package to arrive from Ontario to Alberta!!!! It was clothes for the grandbaby....and I was hoping to take them with us when we go visit for new years and help them get set up for baby as they might be inducing her early...and we need to get everything ready quicker now. I'm just a little miffed at them. I never thought they would take so long to deliver a package. :rolleyes2 :furious:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter