• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Canadian Buffoon's Hi Low Vacation - South Central Musings

How exciting! Love the new developments!
And those giant rodents.... The stuff nightmares are made of. Seriously. Like eating your weight in junk food just before going to sleep then dreaming of the craziest stuff. Or having a high fever in the middle of the night and having those crazy nightmares.

But.... FLORIDA!! So yeah, it's worth feeding giant rodents.

Great life update!

Um you totally could have done Japan in May....I mean I thought you were a cool dad....

But Florida in March is good too I suppose

200w.gif

Hmm, let me check my calendar. March, March... Looks like I'll be doing quite a bit of eating, sleeping, running to Publix and watching racing. Yeah, March is doable. I'll pencil you in! :flower:

Sounds good!

Shoulda read on to your "good things in threes" report before replying!! I'm now penning you in--oh, that doesn't sound right!--I'm pencilling you in WITH A PEN for the last week of March, and hoping it all works out!

Did you think I was kidding?
I
never kid about potential Disney trips!

sorry about the typo Mine train is what I was trying to type lol,

Yeah, I figured it out.
But it took a while! :laughing:

oh and as far as stale cookies go? heck don't they have zip lock bags up there in the great white north?

Well, sure...
But I think it took over a week to get to Fran and Alison.
Even with ziplock, they're gonna be stale. No?

Should I risk it?

How exciting! Love the new developments!

Me too!!

And those giant rodents.... The stuff nightmares are made of. Seriously. Like eating your weight in junk food just before going to sleep then dreaming of the craziest stuff. Or having a high fever in the middle of the night and having those crazy nightmares.

:lmao:

And yet... It's the most important to her.
Tops Uni
and Disney!

But.... FLORIDA!! So yeah, it's worth feeding giant rodents.

::yes::

Great life update!

Thanks! :)

I *did* see your update... not ignoring that. But am intentionally saving it for tomorrow when the waiting will be hardest. :) Thanks for making the time pass a bit easier.

Scooters and impatient car and truck drivers - one of the reasons I got rid of - um - sold my scooter, which could do the grand speed of 44 kmph, slower with a head wind, and up to 60 kmph with a tail wind.

Wow. Deja vu.

DH thought he would be thoughtful and one day surprised me by installing a wind screen for me while I was at work. That brought my speed down to 31 kmph. I thought he was trying to get me killed via road rage.

:laughing: A wind screen! Did he offer to push, too???

But yay on all the upcoming travel!!

Yes!!

I'm hoping to go away with DD19 in February, but we don't have plans yet as to where. She is resisting my subliminal thoughts of princesses so far...

Keep working on her.
Drop subtle hints.
"I'm imprincessed with your work."
"Would you like me to Mickey you a sandwich?"
"We can go wherever you Walt... want."

I *did* see your update... not ignoring that. But am intentionally saving it for tomorrow when the waiting will be hardest. :) Thanks for making the time pass a bit easier.

I shall await your comments with bated breath.

Wait... does that make sense?
Uh, oh. Looks like I'm getting tired...

I'm so disappointed at myself...I'm like 6 pages behind and found your update last night!
So I will quickly pop in and give my (probably horrible) answers because so far my points total stinks.
I want to read all the chatter but....in less then 24 hours, I hope to be in the air on my way to Disney!
That is if nothing has happen to my flight time since a certain man named Matthew decided to make an appearance.
Also....Not. one. thing. in. the. suitcase. Hopefully my list has everything I want to remember, otherwise...just grab things and pack!

how exciting for you and the new bike! My SIL & BIL (age 61) bought a bike a few years ago and just love taking day trips as long as the weather is nice.
WOW! Can't slow you down with the travel plans! Good for you!

Duh! You're always constipated when at customs. TMI. I was thinking happier Disney thoughts.

1. get hopper tickets
2 ADR- Plaza
3 Pirates
4 stay till 11:00
5 Wait for second bus
6 Asked 3 times
7 Dole Whip yes - plan on trying my first one this week! Hopefully one with rum too!
8 Peter Pan, BTMRR, and HM
9 lizard
10. Favorite TR writer...I only follow a few but my only Canadian friend Pkondz would be one my favorite. Of course Steppesister PTR has been fun and can't wait to read her TR when we get back.

Nice that you could ride PKondz Airlines again, if something happens to my Sunday flight (I sure hope not) could you pull some strings and get me a flight on it?

Total travel time :184 (haven't read the chatter, if someone has this minus 5 min to 179)

CYA in 10 days!

Last edited:
I saw your update and will hopefully get mine posted and then back to yours. But not today. I have an "extra" band rehearsal this morning and then a friend is coming back to our house for pool time and dinner, so no DIS for me today. Only phone.

Well, sure...
But I think it took over a week to get to Fran and Alison.
Even with ziplock, they're gonna be stale. No?

Should I risk it?

Also, Lake Elsinore is more remote so it might take even longer to get there. Shipping times between US and Canada have always been problematic. That was something that we always had to tackle in my old job. We even had a fulfillment center up there (in Markham, ON) so that promotional materials could be fulfilled in Canada. Otherwise they took weeks to arrive.

Those giant rodents look equally amazing, yet way too big to be a real rodent. They seem bigger than a small child! But yay for a new motorcycle and an even bigger yay for travelling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contest

1. So... what'd I do before even going in?
2. I have an ADR... where is it?
3. What's the first ride I go on?
4. Considering my lack of sleep,
how late do I stay at MK?
5. Why is my wait for a bus 16 minutes?
6. How many times was I asked for directions?
(It just happens to me.)
7. Dole whip. Yes or no? (as in did I have one.)
8. Why yes, I do have FPs. Where to?
9. What wild animal do I encounter
back at the resort?
10. Who's your favourite TR writer?

1. Stopping for a photo in front of the station
2. Skippers Canteen
3. Splash Mountain
4. Closing. You can sleep when you're not at Disney
5. Because no buses came in that time frame
6. 4. (I am also in the 'frequently gets asked for directions even if you can clearly tell I'm not from this country' club)
7. yes
8. Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder
9. Spider
10. for the purpose of this exercise, I am going to have to say pkondz

Bonus:
(Back by popular demand)
Did you see it? Be vaguely specific.
Saying yes ain't gonna work.

Yes, your great photography skills caputured it! :thumbsup2

What is my total time spent waiting
for Disney Transportation?

132 minutes

So Ruby and I are heading down to Vegas for a quick little getaway

That's almost as good as Disney!! I hope you do a TR for that too! Vegas is a blast. I assume you have been before being in the West-ish part of Canada? I'm going in November and can't wait. I have recos if you are interested :)

Those are Capybaras.

I'm not sure if you heard the stories out of Toronto last Spring when we had some Capybaras escape from the High Park Zoo and were on the loose for a couple of weeks in the city? Pretty funny...it was the top story on the news for a while lol. Anyway...certainly looks like fun to feed them...I had no idea they did that in Palm Beach!

"I've never been to Universal." She replies.
And there are some rides at Disney
that I'd like to do."

ANOTHER Disney trip!! So exciting!!! Can't wait to hear about this one!

1. So... what'd I do before even going in? Stopped for a photopass shot of the train station
2. I have an ADR... where is it? BOG
3. What's the first ride I go on? 7DMT
4. Considering my lack of sleep,
how late do I stay at MK? until closing and you only have a short time at the house of the mouse so you must make the best of it.
5. Why is my wait for a bus 16 minutes? because you left at closing with all the other masses
6. How many times was I asked for directions?
(It just happens to me.) 6 times
7. Dole whip. Yes or no? (as in did I have one.) yes - it is mandatory item at Magic Kingdom
8. Why yes, I do have FPs. Where to? 7DMT, Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain
9. What wild animal do I encounter
back at the resort? wild cat
10. Who's your favourite TR writer? pkondz
Bonus - snarky airlines - saw it
Transportation wait times total - 123 minutes.

Top speed was about 35mph...
If the wind was at my back.

That's 7 mph faster than SM. I hope you had your hands in the air.

A few days later, I'm at a dealership
to look at their scooters.
For just a little more,
they had a nice motorcycle.

Hmmmm.....

On the drive home,
I went right past a Harley dealership.

Hmmmm....

For just a little more than that other bike,
I could get an even nicer Harley.

Well, THAT escalated quickly.

Ever seen a sign "Next gas 150 miles"?

Yes, with our tank on empty halfway between Winnemucca, NV and Burns, OR. At 7:00PM on a Sunday. It was 29 degrees in December. We were 21 and 24. And really, really stupid.

But, alas, by the time I did more cyphering,
we determined that being on the East coast
has absolutely zero benefit to getting to London.
We'd have to fly from there,
back west to Toronto
and
then East to London.
It was no cheaper than to fly from Winnipeg.

Stop ciphering, and that won't happen.

No firm plans yet,
but I
do have the last week of March
booked off (Spring break) for her.

I'll probably be deep in my Guam trip planning. Someday....

Hi Pkondz
Way to go.go . .A brand new bike and a Harley at that and in the style you've always wanted.A trip to Las vagus just before Christmas's and to top it all up a trip to Disney in March with your daughter no wonder your still writting your first chapter. Your excitement must be off scale.But I think it is time to soon at least give us all a little snifter off what happened at the airports on your first day.

I'm so disappointed at myself...I'm like 6 pages behind and found your update last night!

You're disappointed!
I was telling everyone how
you've fallen behind
and how I feel so abandoned!

So I will quickly pop in and give my (probably horrible) answers because so far my points total stinks.

This is just a suggestion?
But maybe instead of giving
horrible answers,
you should consider giving
correct answers.

Pretty sure that will help your total.

I want to read all the chatter but....in less then 24 hours, I hope to be in the air on my way to Disney!

Woot!

And I better say this now before it's too late...

HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!

That is if nothing has happen to my flight time since a certain man named Matthew decided to make an appearance.

Liesa's checked her flights
and apparently everything's on time right now.
Hopefully the same will hold true for you.

Also....Not. one. thing. in. the. suitcase. Hopefully my list has everything I want to remember, otherwise...just grab things and pack!

Meh. Go without a suitcase.
Buy a new Disney T every day or so.
There. You're all set.

how exciting for you and the new bike!

::yes::

My SIL & BIL (age 61) bought a bike a few years ago and just love taking day trips as long as the weather is nice.

This. I couldn't go anywhere with my current bike.
The range was far too short.
I'm hoping with the new one
to put some miles on it.

WOW! Can't slow you down with the travel plans! Good for you!

Thanks!

Duh! You're always constipated when at customs. TMI. I was thinking happier Disney thoughts.

Some things don't change.

1. get hopper tickets
2 ADR- Plaza
3 Pirates
4 stay till 11:00
5 Wait for second bus
6 Asked 3 times
7 Dole Whip yes - plan on trying my first one this week! Hopefully one with rum too!
8 Peter Pan, BTMRR, and HM
9 lizard
10. Favorite TR writer...I only follow a few but my only Canadian friend Pkondz would be one my favorite. Of course Steppesister PTR has been fun and can't wait to read her TR when we get back.

Noted.
#10. I'm really looking forward to it too!

Nice that you could ride PKondz Airlines again, if something happens to my Sunday flight (I sure hope not) could you pull some strings and get me a flight on it?

We don't fly within two weeks of poor weather.

Total travel time :184 (haven't read the chatter, if someone has this minus 5 min to 179)

Noted.
And no one's picked 184 yet.

CYA in 10 days!

Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter