Canadian Disney Gift Cards for trip?

Hi Hon
I need some help to unconfuse myself.
When I log onto my account I see $741.33 Is this USD Or CAD ??
I tried adding a $50.00 gift card to it and it wouldn't allow me to.

Thanks again
Hugs
Mel
The $741.33 will be in USD. You can only have a max of $1000 CAD per card. So, the likely reason the $50 card didn't add was that it would take you over the $1000 CAD threshold.

Hi Hon
I need some help to unconfuse myself.
When I log onto my account I see $741.33 Is this USD Or CAD ??
I tried adding a $50.00 gift card to it and it wouldn't allow me to.

Thanks again
Hugs
Mel
Your
you're seeing the us value of the cards BUT the system will only allow you to add up to 1000 CDN the exchange of what you are seeing currently is 986.04 so you can't add 50

When I get to my resort can I load the gift cards onto my account attached to the magic bands? Wouldnt that help with mobile ordering fees?
We did. We loaded right onto our room charge acct. at check in. PLus our GC for turning down housekeeping. But you can't room charge mobile orders for some reason.....

This might be discussed within this thread, but I don't feel like sifting through it.

I have a room-only reservation at Pop. Can I call and add multiple gift cards to pay my bill now versus when I check out? The dollar is nose diving rapidly and I think I might call and just pay it off now.

This might be discussed within this thread, but I don't feel like sifting through it.

I have a room-only reservation at Pop. Can I call and add multiple gift cards to pay my bill now versus when I check out? The dollar is nose diving rapidly and I think I might call and just pay it off now.
I'm not sure but looking at the big dive the dollar took last night I think I would be calling and trying to do so right away. It never hurts to call and see especially before our dollar losses any more traction. Not trying to start anything political however if VP Biden wins the primaries I can see the US dollar getting even stronger in response.

I will call tonight and report back for those who are in the same boat!

We were looking at booking a cruise with Carnival in April for next April, but they bill in US dollars. I won't be doing that any time soon!

I will call tonight and report back for those who are in the same boat!

We were looking at booking a cruise with Carnival in April for next April, but they bill in US dollars. I won't be doing that any time soon!
You can call Carnival and book over the phone in CAD but you wont be able to take advantage of price drops through early saverbif you do that. Just cant do it over the phone.

I think we will likely wait until the new year to book something anyways at this rate. I'd actually love to go back to the The Grand at Moon Palace and book through Redtag and use my dream miles.

Yes you can, I have done it before.

Does anyone know if you can put your Disney gift card balance towards your DVC dues for next year?
Yes I do understand that if I try calling DVC the wait time Monday will be ******CRAZY*****!,,although maybe member accounting won't be as bad as member services.
Thanks
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
Does anyone know if you can put your Disney gift card balance towards your DVC dues for next year?
Yes I do understand that if I try calling DVC the wait time Monday will be ******CRAZY*****!,,although maybe member accounting won't be as bad as member services.
Thanks
Hugs
Mel
Yes you can...whoops reread..next year not sure but I would wait till dollar is better. No rush

is there a way a Canadian can buy Disney gift cards online? I have some PayPal money I want to use but even the e-card can't be bought on the Disney store website. Advice???

Oh darn. I thought you might be able to since it was e-cards.
I buy the e-gift cards all the time, you don't need a US address. I did for our 2018 trip also. I just move them to a folder in my inbox and print a copy to have just in case. it was kind of a pain because they have to type in the card number rather than scan the barcode at the resort but it was worth it for me. i like buying my cards in USD so I know exactly what I have.

I buy the e-gift cards all the time, you don't need a US address. I did for our 2018 trip also. I just move them to a folder in my inbox and print a copy to have just in case. it was kind of a pain because they have to type in the card number rather than scan the barcode at the resort but it was worth it for me. i like buying my cards in USD so I know exactly what I have.

Hmm, weird, when I went to purchase them it didn't work. It kept asking me for a US shipping address.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter