Canadian Disney Gift Cards

That Shoppers promotion is really a pretty good deal; even at the basic redemption rate of $10 / 8000 pts, that's a 5% return on your $200 transaction, which is not bad for a loyalty program.

BUT... I don't have an optimum card. And I don't really want an optimum card. And while the 5% return is good, it's 5% I have to spend at Shoppers, where I rarely shop. AND I would presumably have to buy 6 different cards at $100 each, in three separate transactions, to qualify for the promotion. Which is just annoying, when I could get the same $600 value across just two cards.

So I'm fighting with myself here... part of me wants to take advantage, and the rest just doesn't think it's worth the effort. I think the lazy side is going to win this one.

I did get two $100 cards and combined them when I got home onto one card. a bit more work for sure but I felt it was worth it. I couldn't afford to do 6 cards sadly. It will add to my Christmas fund for redemption.

I just purchased two 150 gift cards at Shoppers, transferred them to one gift card. Worked easily, it showed $300 when I originally transferred them but it was obviously an error as it is something like 236 USD.

I just purchased two 150 gift cards at Shoppers, transferred them to one gift card. Worked easily, it showed $300 when I originally transferred them but it was obviously an error as it is something like 236 USD.
I found it kept mixing up amounts. I'd transfer and it would show 1000 but that's the Canadian amount. Then I'd use some of it and it would show US funds remaining. Then I'd add another one on and it would add the US and the CDN together. I just had to keep a rough idea of where I really was at on my own.

I found it kept mixing up amounts. I'd transfer and it would show 1000 but that's the Canadian amount. Then I'd use some of it and it would show US funds remaining. Then I'd add another one on and it would add the US and the CDN together. I just had to keep a rough idea of where I really was at on my own.

Appears to be doing similar to me, balance went down about 24 cents (I am guessing due to exchange rate) when I looked at it today. I was excited when it showed the full 300 as I thought maybe there was a way to beat the system but once again the computer is smarter than I am

ok, just checked walmart last night and they have $50 and $25 gift cards, how to I move them all to one giftcard so I can pay for the Canadian Ticket offer tickets? Can I pay with multiple giftcards?

That Shoppers promotion is really a pretty good deal; even at the basic redemption rate of $10 / 8000 pts, that's a 5% return on your $200 transaction, which is not bad for a loyalty program.

BUT... I don't have an optimum card. And I don't really want an optimum card. And while the 5% return is good, it's 5% I have to spend at Shoppers, where I rarely shop. AND I would presumably have to buy 6 different cards at $100 each, in three separate transactions, to qualify for the promotion. Which is just annoying, when I could get the same $600 value across just two cards.

So I'm fighting with myself here... part of me wants to take advantage, and the rest just doesn't think it's worth the effort. I think the lazy side is going to win this one.

Well, they just announced that PC points and Shoppers Optimum are merging, so you’ll be able to buy groceries with those points very soon. I was feeling the same way about Shoppers points, because I rarely shop there... but this changes things.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/business/shoppers-optimum-and-pc-plus-programs-merging-1.3668274

Well, they just announced that PC points and Shoppers Optimum are merging, so you’ll be able to buy groceries with those points very soon. I was feeling the same way about Shoppers points, because I rarely shop there... but this changes things.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/business/shoppers-optimum-and-pc-plus-programs-merging-1.3668274

Agreed! I caught that update today in the Air Miles thread, and later got an email from PC Points with the same info. So now I do have what will be a very short-lived Optimum account, solely for the gift card promotion. I plan to stop by Shoppers this afternoon!

For the first time I found Disney gc in QC ( Jean Coutu on Sherbrooke in Westmount to be exact). They only had the 50$ gc.

I’m so jealous of all of you getting Shoppers promotion. So far still no Disney gift cards available here, in Vancouver area.
I just bought a gift card from the Disney store here, loaded $800 CAD and used it to make a payment on our WL stay. It converted to $624 USD :crazy2:

I checked the shoppers in Airdrie today and nothing. I asked the manager and she was going to look into it. I mentioned they are all over eastern Canada. Lol

Still none at my local Shoppers Drug mart here in Surrey BC but I found $50 gift cards at my local Independent Grocers!!! I bought 4 :thumbsup2

Looked at shoppers yesterday here in NS and found none :( Was hopping to take advantage of the promotion.

Darn...I've read all of these posts and hoped I'd get to the one that said Yes! founded in Shoppers here in Halifax/Dartmouth. I guess that saves hubby from running store to store tonight.... ;-(

I managed to find some at our Independant Grocery store in my tiny little town in central BC. I was surprised! Hopefully they keep them in stock so I can buy them a few at a time to spread out the spending! To clarify, I paid in Canadian funds but they will be in American funds when I redeem at the parks?

I saw Disney Giftcards at Save-On Foods in Richmond (Steveston) BC at the Ironwood Plaza location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter