Canadian Disney Gift Cards

PS Slightly different topic, but for those who fly with Air Canada, Sobey's has Air Canada Gift Certificates for 10% off starting on Friday. As well I checked, they can't be used for Air Canada Vacations, so its only for those of you who will book flight only with Air Canada.

I checked the shoppers in Airdrie today and nothing. I asked the manager and she was going to look into it. I mentioned they are all over eastern Canada. Lol
If you find any, let me know. I checked the Shoppers in downtown Calgary and there was none either. I have called a few Sobeys and they all go “check” but probably just put me on hold to laugh at me. Haha.

I saw Disney Giftcards at Save-On Foods in Richmond (Steveston) BC at the Ironwood Plaza location.
Kinda far from Port Moody :upsidedow but good to hear they are here in BC. I made the trip to the Metro Town Disney Store to pick up Gift Cards. Using them to pay off my WL stay does save us the 2.5% bank fee.
I was hoping to find them at Shoppers to get promotion. But no Shoppers here has them. Also checked Safeway, and Walmart. I’ll have a look at the Sav On.

I bought my 6x$100 GC at shoppers drug mart yesterday. I checked the new PC optimum link that shows how many points you have now and the monitary value you would get and because of the level I'm at, my 24,000 points will earn me $44.50! Plus my 1% cashback on my visa I've effectively only paid $549.50 for $600 in gift cards. They will be used to pay for food for our March trip.

Sorry if this has already been answered but has anyone successfully used the Canadian gift cards at the parks/resorts yet? I have a room only reservation that I can't pay down online before I go so I want to save the gift cards and use them to pay for my room when I check in but I'd hate to get there and have a bunch of unusable gift cards.

Sorry if this has already been answered but has anyone successfully used the Canadian gift cards at the parks/resorts yet? I have a room only reservation that I can't pay down online before I go so I want to save the gift cards and use them to pay for my room when I check in but I'd hate to get there and have a bunch of unusable gift cards.

Why can't you pay it online before you get there? Isn't it due 30 days out?

Several people from the facebook disboards group have used them in the parks and resorts. You get the exchange from closing the day before.

PS Slightly different topic, but for those who fly with Air Canada, Sobey's has Air Canada Gift Certificates for 10% off starting on Friday. As well I checked, they can't be used for Air Canada Vacations, so its only for those of you who will book flight only with Air Canada.

This really made me think. We are likely going to fly to the UK next summer, and if we do, there's a pretty good chance it'll be Air Canada, since they're the only airline that flies direct from Ottawa to London. That's going to cost my family close to $4000, and 10% of $4000 is not insignificant. Unfortunately, Air Canada's IT department sucks. (This is not a new observation.) After some digging into the details of their gift cards, I found that their payment system can't handle more than two payment cards at a time. So you can use two gift cards as long as they cover the full balance, or one gift card and a credit card to cover the remainder. And unlike Disney, gift card balances can't be combined onto one card. Since the cards available at Sobey's max out at $500, this really limits the value.

They recommend paying per-passenger to get around the limitations (to a point), but I can see all sorts of problems with that. For a start, it means I'll likely end up with small amounts leftover across several gift cards, which is annoying. And the adult fare for the flights I'm looking at right now is slightly over $1000, so even two gift cards per passenger wouldn't work (but I'm hoping that will come down a bit). Plus the environmentalist in me hates throwing out all of those plastic cards. But more worrisome is the possibility that this would mean four separate reservation numbers for my family, which would be a major pain at check-in. And I'm not even sure it would be possible for younger kids, if it means that they end up on an itinerary with no adult. I know that WestJet can handle this with "linked" reservations, but not sure about Air Canada. I don't suppose anyone has any direct experience with this?

Might still be worth picking up a card or two to offset the ticket cost a bit, but it's a shame that Air Canada's crappy IT department so severely limits the value of what would otherwise be a really great offer.

Anyhow, thanks for posting!

Why can't you pay it online before you get there? Isn't it due 30 days out?

Several people from the facebook disboards group have used them in the parks and resorts. You get the exchange from closing the day before.
They charged me the deposit and it says balance owing at check in. There’s no option to make a payment online. Last time we went we had a package and I was able to make payments but not this time with the room only.

They charged me the deposit and it says balance owing at check in. There’s no option to make a payment online. Last time we went we had a package and I was able to make payments but not this time with the room only.
Can you call and apply the payment?

We always had to pay our balance for room-only at check out.
My email confirmation says due at check-in. Either way I was pretty sure I couldn’t pay till we got there. Too bad, it’s nice to be able to make online payments and watch that balance owing drop!

Possibly but i don’t have a landline and I’m afraid of that cell phone bill!
I’m going to be calling early next week. My plan is to buy a small ($50ish) card to try it out and if they’ll accept the payment I’ll go buy the remaining amount. There’s no way I’m traveling with thousands of dollars worth of gift cards in my pocket.

I’m going to be calling early next week. My plan is to buy a small ($50ish) card to try it out and if they’ll accept the payment I’ll go buy the remaining amount. There’s no way I’m traveling with thousands of dollars worth of gift cards in my pocket.
I'm curious to hear if they let you pay over the phone. I'm not worried about travelling with the gift cards though. We usually take a decent amount of cash on our trips anyway so the gift cards will actually be nicer to carry than a wad of cash!

Never heard of that! Will it work for iPhone?
Yes, I use an iPhone. It’s an App. Inside the app, there is a phone feature. Voice conference is free in US and Canada.

Edited to add pics.
Cost is $0 for those calls to Orlando.

D98BDFC3-5898-43BB-B121-7D75B8FA381B.jpeg 434DA892-AB5B-492A-8BB8-FD659AD3A242.jpeg 7000A7E9-6FEC-49A0-915C-41E148D003EA.jpeg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter