Canadian Residents 25% off tickets on WDW site **Offer extended until May 20, 2017.

Darn was hoping we could skip that step! Oh well for the discount it's totally worth it! Thanks for the info. It's much appreciated!

For anyone curious, you can pay for the Canadian Park tickets with a Disney Gift Card on the Disney World website. You do not have to put in a billing address if paying this way online. I selected Will Call as the delivery option and will show my Canadian Passport at Guest Relations to pick up the ticket! The ticket showed instantly in MDE and I can reassign it to anyone. Also received the confirmation email with the barcode instantly. The ticket also shows in the MDE APP that it is a non-expiring ticket!!!

Now here's the kicker (and hopefully I don't get flamed for saying this)...I'm a Canadian living outside of Canada....I never entered a Canadian address anywhere to make this purchase since I paid with a Disney Gift Card. To collect the ticket all I need is the email with the barcode and my Canadian Passport! This is what is printed on my email! Every report on collecting the Disney World Canadian Park tickets has been the same. Present the bar code email and your passport and exchange for your park tickets.

Disney Gift Cards can be purchased at a 5% discount at Target in the States if using your Target RedCard for an even further savings on ticket prices.

Hope this info helps someone else.

Glad to hear it shows without the expiration! Also that you can use GC when you buy online. I plan on ordering gift cards online at BJ's and having them sent to an address in Detroit that I'll pick them up at later.

YES, you can do all of those things. If you have a room booked (directly thru Disney) and have your own tickets you can call and have them create what is referred to as "a ticket-less package" by paying for the dining plan at full pop. Depending on the make up of your family you need to do even more Disney math because you might find that paying for your meals strictly OOP, without any Dining Plan, can be cheaper. Every family is different, but if you have found before that you had credits not used, ended up feeling like you were either wasting food, eating more than you wanted or ended up trying to spend lots of snack credits before you left, you might be better off just paying for all of your meals OOP.

YES, you can attach different credit cards to different bands. I would recommend going to the front desk a few times during your stay to check the invoice just to be sure the correct card has been charged. Most people have no problems but others have found all purchases ended up on one card. We noticed on our last stay that the invoice even said which band had been used for each purchase.

I spent the rest of the day crunching numbers. I think we'll actually come out ahead on FD instead of using the Cdn tix, especially if we don't have to order park hopper plus. I know what you mean about the ordering/pressure to order more expensive food. Last time we did CRT and CG and definitely made good use of our dining credits. My parents feel more comfortable having a few sit down dinners so if it becomes available...and if we can get it...we'll see what happens.

Thanks also for the cc info. We won't need to use it much if we have free dining. I plan to give each kid an envelope with spending money...one for Disney and one for Universal!

Quick Q - when we last visited in 2012 you just had to be there for one of the days to have FD applied to the whole trip. Is this still the case? One rumour I read has it starting on December 3rd (our arrival date) while another one says the 8th (our check out date). Our dates are somewhat flexible I guess....but I don't think BLT is available.

Thanks again for all your help! It's really appreciated!

Quick Q - when we last visited in 2012 you just had to be there for one of the days to have FD applied to the whole trip. Is this still the case? One rumour I read has it starting on December 3rd (our arrival date) while another one says the 8th (our check out date). Our dates are somewhat flexible I guess....but I don't think BLT is available.

Thanks again for all your help! It's really appreciated!

Don't mind helping out at ALL! You're correct about free dining getting applied to your entire stay if you check IN on one of those days. If it doesn't start until your check OUT day, that won't work. It's so hard to make a final decision until the actual dates get dropped!!! I'm also not 100% sure if BLT is even included in the offers -- i just tried to check the current ones and it's not clear.

Don't mind helping out at ALL! You're correct about free dining getting applied to your entire stay if you check IN on one of those days. If it doesn't start until your check OUT day, that won't work. It's so hard to make a final decision until the actual dates get dropped!!! I'm also not 100% sure if BLT is even included in the offers -- i just tried to check the current ones and it's not clear.
perfect...here's hoping it's the 3rd!!!

I know that you have to activate the tickets at a theme park window/guest services but where exactly are located the theme park windows? Are they accessible OUTSIDE the theme park (not inside the part when you scan your MagicBand) ? So you just come up to a CM and say We need activation for our canadian tickets etc. ?

I know that you have to activate the tickets at a theme park window/guest services but where exactly are located the theme park windows? Are they accessible OUTSIDE the theme park (not inside the part when you scan your MagicBand) ? So you just come up to a CM and say We need activation for our canadian tickets etc. ?

Yes, there are guest services windows outside the tapstiles at each park. I told the CM that I bought my tickets with the Cdn discount and I need to activate them. She knew exactly what I meant and asked for out passports. This was just last week at HS

[QUOTE="smooreo, post: 57469409, member: 345782"

Thanks again for all your help! It's really appreciated![/QUOTE]
Couple of things to pass along to you today: read a rumour, from a very reliable source, that the offer will drop on Monday April 24th. Last year they actually appeared on-line around 1 am if you are up to stalking the Disney site. Unfortunately they also mentioned that there appears to be true black-out days that will be completely excluded, meaning if you check in during the offer, but stay thru to some of the excluded days, you will only get free dining on the days actually mentioned.

read a rumour, from a very reliable source, that the offer will drop on Monday April 24th. Last year they actually appeared on-line around 1 am if you are up to stalking the Disney site. Unfortunately they also mentioned that there appears to be true black-out days that will be completely excluded

Wow...I was just on the WDW site yesterday...pricing out a room and dining to see if I might be able to swing that for the family. That might be worth trying and looking into in the date fall into what we were planning. Do you know the dates that they have done the free dining in the past? I have a small window that we could go where the crowds are not too big and where my boys won't miss too much school.

Wow...I was just on the WDW site yesterday...pricing out a room and dining to see if I might be able to swing that for the family. That might be worth trying and looking into in the date fall into what we were planning. Do you know the dates that they have done the free dining in the past? I have a small window that we could go where the crowds are not too big and where my boys won't miss too much school.
Here's the information for the rumoured drop --- again i can neither confirm nor deny .. just a wait and see

Looks like free dining could be dropping on April 24. Minimum of 4 nights, maximum of 14, with park hopper and park hopper plus add on. Check in dates: 8/13-9/30, 11/14-11/20, 11/25-11/27, 12/3-12/23. It also appears that values AND moderates may get quick service, with regular dining only for deluxe resorts

Does anyone know if we are supposed to receive an email with barcodes if we bought a package ? (room + tickets) ? Everything is linked on my MDE. Do they scan magicbands at the ticket windows at the parks ?

Here's the information for the rumoured drop --- again i can neither confirm nor deny .. just a wait and see

Looks like free dining could be dropping on April 24. Minimum of 4 nights, maximum of 14, with park hopper and park hopper plus add on. Check in dates: 8/13-9/30, 11/14-11/20, 11/25-11/27, 12/3-12/23. It also appears that values AND moderates may get quick service, with regular dining only for deluxe resorts

Full price room is required. Can Canadian Tix pricing be combined with FD ?

Full price room is required. Can Canadian Tix pricing be combined with FD ?

You need to book a hotel + tickets with park hopper package to get free dining. The Canadian discounted tickets cannot be combined unfortunately.

You need to book a hotel + tickets with park hopper package to get free dining. The Canadian discounted tickets cannot be combined unfortunately.

Thanks. In that case FD is not going to be beneficial to Canadians, if travelling during summer time. It would be better off using Summertime RO offer plus Canadian Tix Offer, stay at MODS for better bedding option. Money Saved allow for Car rental and OOP for food.

Thanks. In that case FD is not going to be beneficial to Canadians, if travelling during summer time. It would be better off using Summertime RO offer plus Canadian Tix Offer, stay at MODS for better bedding option. Money Saved allow for Car rental and OOP for food.

If you have 2+ people in your party, you may want to price out and compare. Keep in mind tickets per day cost less as number of days increases. FD is not beneficial in my situation because I have only two people going. But if you have 2 adults and 3 kids over 10, it can be a different story. I think there is a minimum days of tickets to be included for free dining. It used to be two but now I have read somewhere saying it's 4. If you stay longer than 4 days, you can use the Canadian tickets and save the package tickets for a future trip. I would get a quote on Monday then price out both with/out FD options and compare first.

Edited:
It's confirmed that a 2-Day park hopper or park hopper plus tickets is required for FD.

Last edited:
So I had been hopeful that we would be able to combine Canadian ticket offer with a RO offer for end of October when the late fall offers come out however the wording on the deal that dropped today for early fall dates sounds like you can't. This makes no sense to me because it still allows for a ticketless room only discount so if you can get the discount with no tickets why not with discounted tickets? Does anybody have any insight on this? Anyone out there try to book for the early fall RO & Canadian tix that the could report on it?

Possibly a dumb question but I'll risk it....

Our original plan was to not go until December (so we didn't get the Plus since one of the Waterparks is always closed when we go.) We purchased a set of the Canadian tickets (10 days +PH) and they were assigned to each member of our party. We're now thinking of doing an August trip as well and may want to take advantage of the waterparks in August. My original thought was to upgrade the tickets but it doesn't look possible, so was thinking about ordering a second set with 10 day pass with PH and more that we'd use in August.

Since the tickets don't expire until 2030, can we just unlink or deactivate the ones we have, buy a second set with the Water Parks and PH and link/activate the other set once August is done re-activate the original PH+ tickets? Can we show our passports for both sets in August and have them active both sets of tickets (the August and December ones)? I guess even more broadly if we buy multiple sets can we show our passports in August for all tickets -- even the ones for future trips --- and have them activated/useable for future trips?

Should be just fine. I am going this August with a full package. I bought the Cdn tickets for a future trip and plan to exchange the vouchers while I am there. Like you, I plan to save these tickets for a future trip. Just make sure you go to Guest Services to ensure the right set of tickets are "prioritized". For me, I plan to link mine to a different MDE (or hopefully, not link it at all!). Many here have advised that it is best to set up a dummy MDE and move the tix there. Then move it back to your "real" MDE when you do want to use them. Sounds safer to me since I have heard of horror stories of Disney not using the correct ticket.

So I had been hopeful that we would be able to combine Canadian ticket offer with a RO offer for end of October when the late fall offers come out however the wording on the deal that dropped today for early fall dates sounds like you can't. This makes no sense to me because it still allows for a ticketless room only discount so if you can get the discount with no tickets why not with discounted tickets? Does anybody have any insight on this? Anyone out there try to book for the early fall RO & Canadian tix that the could report on it?

Can't you just buy the Cdn tix separately? And then just book the room-only package? I did notice when I priced out some summer room-only promos that the Cdn tix was no longer showing up as an option to select. I don't think its a big deal though - just buy them separately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter