Canadian Residents 25% off tickets on WDW site **Offer extended until May 20, 2017.

Depends on the CM. Some have reported not needing the minors to be there as they don't necessarily have ID anyway. Other CM's want to see everyone's ID. Unfortunately no clear answer. Try without kids first and if need be take the kids over later.

I was thinking of purchasing a second set of WDW tickets at the discounted price but I am nervous of them getting mixed up in my MDE account. My first set I have already linked for our Fall trip and I bought then directly from WDW. If you buy the discounted tickets from CAA do they give you vouchers that you can link when ever you want? I am just trying to find the easiest way to make sure WDW doesn't some how activate both sets of tickets by accident.

Right now all "tickets" in your MDE are vouchers. You can purchase more from Disney if you want. Set up two other names in your MDE and assign your newly purchased vouchers to those names. Alternatively, you can have the ticket CM prioritize your tickets in MDE when you activate your vouchers into working tickets. Your vouchers (just turned into tickets will be priority one). The other two new vouchers will remain as vouchers and they won't work for park entry until they are turned into tickets by the ticket CM

Right now all "tickets" in your MDE are vouchers. You can purchase more from Disney if you want. Set up two other names in your MDE and assign your newly purchased vouchers to those names. Alternatively, you can have the ticket CM prioritize your tickets in MDE when you activate your vouchers into working tickets. Your vouchers (just turned into tickets will be priority one). The other two new vouchers will remain as vouchers and they won't work for park entry until they are turned into tickets by the ticket CM
Thank-you so much for the reply! :) We are a family of five, so I would have to set up MDE names for 5 other people? Do I just reassign the tickets after I have used the first set and delete the other names? The reason I am concerned is because I have heard of Disney activating the wrong set of tickets before.

We received plastic card vouchers from CAA when we got ours and had to manually link them to our MDE ourselves. If you got your 2nd set of vouchers/cards and have not linked them on MDE would the Disney CM not just activate the card numbers you are actually handing them in person? Just curious.

That is an issue when you have two sets of active tickets for the same person. In your case one set will be active and the other set will be vouchers that will not allow you to enter a park. The ticket CM will be able to prioritize your tickets anyway so that your new "activated" tickets are #1 and the "vouchers" are #2. The issue with two set of active tickets is that the wrong ticket was #1 and it was used to enter the park thereby starting the countdown clock.

Your second set of tickets will not be able to do this. If somehow the second set was priority #1 you would be refused entry to the park until a ticket CM had checked your proof of residency and activated the tickets.

Others on another thread have recommended using each persons middle name as a new persona in your MDE. Unfortunately once you have added people you need to contact them to have them removed. Your DME can become quite crowded.

I wonder if we could get the plastic card vouchers from CAA and not link them until after our November trip? Then I wouldn't have to worry about creating a second set of names for my MDE account. Do you have to link them right away, or can you link them any time?

I wonder if we could get the plastic card vouchers from CAA and not link them until after our November trip? Then I wouldn't have to worry about creating a second set of names for my MDE account. Do you have to link them right away, or can you link them any time?
My vouchers have been sitting on a desk for at least 3 months, un-linked....so I'm hoping they didn't have to be linked right away!

Mailed directly from AM
Thanks, I think it might be easier to try to buy a second set of tickets and not link them until after I use the first set in November if I can.:) We have 3 kids and the Canadian discount ticket deal is saving us over $780 US. It worked out to be around the same price this year for our family of 5 to stay at POR with the discounted tickets and paying for the dining plan than staying at ASMU family suite and upgrading the dining. Now that the mods are getting QS I thought it might be a good idea to get a second set of tickets for future use.

My CAA rep is telling me we can activate the vouchers for tickets when we check into our Disney resort - hoping that is so, it will save a trip to Disney Springs on day of arrival if we don't feel like going. On hold for chat with Disney rep to confirm and will let you know for sure.

My CAA rep is telling me we can activate the vouchers for tickets when we check into our Disney resort - hoping that is so, it will save a trip to Disney Springs on day of arrival if we don't feel like going. On hold for chat with Disney rep to confirm and will let you know for sure.
Sorry, but the answer to that question is nope. You need to go to a Guest Services somewhere to validate the tickets/ID at any of the parks or Disney Springs. It's not something that resorts are able to do.

OK, I was just chatting with Disney and this is their clarification:

"if the vouchers were purchased outside of a package (like we did)you have to go to a ticket booth (or Disney Springs) to show your identification and activate the tickets even if they are linked on My Disney Experience. If they are purchased as part of a package, the tickets would be activated at room check in."

"if the vouchers were purchased outside of a package (like we did)you have to go to a ticket booth (or Disney Springs) to show your identification and activate the tickets even if they are linked on My Disney Experience. If they are purchased as part of a package, the tickets would be activated at room check in."
I wonder if this is new? Last month, two friends had booked the Canadian tickets with a package and both families had to go to Guest Relations at the parks before they could use the tickets.

I wonder if this is new? Last month, two friends had booked the Canadian tickets with a package and both families had to go to Guest Relations at the parks before they could use the tickets.

At the end of January our kids also had to go to guest services to show ID and they were staying on a package deal. One couple still had their passports -- easy-peasy process, the others had left their passports in the safe and were told their drivers licences weren't adequate so needed to hit up another guest service on the way into EPCOT the next day.

Worse case scenario they won't be able to do it when you check in but be SURE you ask before you head to a park only to find out you still need to provide ID

At the end of January our kids also had to go to guest services to show ID and they were staying on a package deal. One couple still had their passports -- easy-peasy process, the others had left their passports in the safe and were told their drivers licences weren't adequate so needed to hit up another guest service on the way into EPCOT the next day.

Worse case scenario they won't be able to do it when you check in but be SURE you ask before you head to a park only to find out you still need to provide ID
So if I purchase a second set of tickets through CAA can I wait until after our November trip to link them so it won't be as confusing?

So if I purchase a second set of tickets through CAA can I wait until after our November trip to link them so it won't be as confusing?
Yes, just don't add them to your profile until you get home. Some people talk about creating extra names in their MDE and then re-assigning tickets but i think that would be confusing. Just find a safe place to store them.

Yes, just don't add them to your profile until you get home. Some people talk about creating extra names in their MDE and then re-assigning tickets but i think that would be confusing. Just find a safe place to store them.
Thank-you that's what I was hoping!:) With the five of us it's definitely a good savings!

It's in our plans that we will go to Disney Springs as soon as our site is set up and our daughter is settled into her cabin. I think this is another case of not every CM is always on the same page with their responses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter