Candlelight Dining Package Watch and Wait Thread

That is tough. Mira Sorvino was ok but we loved Gary Sinise, Dennis Heysbert, and Whoopi Goldberg.
I could not believe the number of hateful comments on Facebook when Whoopi was announced as one of the narrators last year. So much hate :(

So, I am curious which time you prefer for CP. We always enjoyed the second or third show because we felt like it wasn't quite dark enough during the first, so not quite as beautiful visually.

So, I am curious which time you prefer for CP. We always enjoyed the second or third show because we felt like it wasn't quite dark enough during the first, so not quite as beautiful visually.

I likevit the last show.

We're doing a long weekend in Dec and part of the plan is getting a "Candlelight Processional Dining Plan" at Via Napoli. Realize there won't be any real details until we get back from our August trip (at best) but now we've got the thread :)

Doug :goofy:

We always do the dining package with dinner at Chefs and the last show.

We’re booked December 22-28 and have never been over Christmas. The Candlelight Processional is on my bucket list but I’m fairly clueless how you book it. Do you get to pick a show time and a meal time? Or is the show time determined for you?

We’re booked December 22-28 and have never been over Christmas. The Candlelight Processional is on my bucket list but I’m fairly clueless how you book it. Do you get to pick a show time and a meal time? Or is the show time determined for you?

You have to select the CP dining package when it comes out usually early July (you can’t make an ADR for that restaurant at 180 days and then convert to package). It used to be the meal time determined the show but now you select the meal time and show time but the meal has to be at least 2 hours before the show I believe.

Ahhhh I'm so glad I found a bunch of early planners like me!!! My motto is, it's never too early to plan for Disney! I am hoping to do both a CP dining package and MVMCP on our trip this Dec. We did MNSSHP last year and it was awesome, but I hear MVMCP is even better. We have never done CP or MVMCP so lots to look forward to. Please keep the helpful tips coming for this first-timer!

Neil Patrick Harris was Fantastic and we did the second show and we were happy that we did due to it being completely dark. Had our dinner at Spice Road Table and very happy with our meal. They seated us outside and it couldn't have been better.

We're going to Disney for Xmas and we are planning on the CP package. I've never done the last show, only the middle show. Might try the last show this time. Will just have to see what I can get. Are there any restaurants excluded? I think Le Cellier, correct?

CP bookings started on June 30th last year. We saw CCH Pounder and she did a fabulous job.

I'm relying on this thread to keep me updated as to when bookings open! We're locals and see the CP every year, usually more than once. Our traditional way to see the show is to have lunch at Chefs de France, then see NPH for the first show (having little kids forces us to see that show!) Last year we changed it up a little and tried Teppan Edo, and really enjoyed it - the kids liked the food a lot more, they were kept entertained by the Chef, and it was nice to do something different. It worked out really well for us last year that NPH was later in December than his set normally is since we were staying in Florida for Christmas, but we alternate Christmas in Florida with Christmas in England (with my family) and if he has the same dates this year we'll miss him - we haven't missed him in years, so really hoping he goes back to November!

We also saw Matt Bomer last year (oh so pretty, but sadly did not take all his clothes off as in Magic Mike...), my husband saw Pat Sajak and thought he was really good, and we caught the end of Kurt Russells set - he definitely seemed to capture the audience, I've never seen the theater so absolutely quiet and still!

@KateP85 How are you? I am going nov 29- Dec 4 to go to CP and MVMCP. I am also interested in a package for this. I guess the baby (ROLf) is getting big now, huh?

When you buy a package, do you get to chose which show you want?

@KateP85 How are you? I am going nov 29- Dec 4 to go to CP and MVMCP. I am also interested in a package for this. I guess the baby (ROLf) is getting big now, huh?

When you buy a package, do you get to chose which show you want?

Hi! Baby RoLf is going to be two at the end of this month!!! I can't believe it was two years ago that we were all sat around eagerly anticipating Rivers of Light dinner packages!

When we've booked the packages online, they've come with a set time - so you can choose an ADR at say, Chefs de France at 1pm, and that will say 5pm show. However I know people have been able to choose their show so there must be a way to do it, I've just never done it myself!

We've seen Ana gasteyer twice, Robbie Benson and last year Kurt Russell. Tough call between Kurt Russell and Robbie Benson. We'd really like to see Gary Sinise if he does it again. We are there second week of December and this is always our favorite thing. Patiently waiting being able to book again but hoping they offer assigned seats. Not a big fan of waiting for 1 hr, listening to previous show finish up, in order to get a decent seat.

I really don't care who says the story, since this will be our first time and we will be entranced regardless, I'm sure! Our big, big Christmas story every year is A Christmas Carol, so I think a dinner at Rose & Crown will give us a great Christmas feeling. So, fingers crossed that planning a lunch package here gives us a 5pm show!

Is the show good for kids or is it more of an adult thing?

It Depends on the kid. This is s commitment of time initially, and the music is traditional, mostly. My dgd was okay with it, but I honestly think she tolerated it. I would YouTube it to see if yours would enjoy this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter