Candy Cane Inn reopening date?

FYI - I just emailed Candy Cane about opening and they said hopefully early July, but they don't have a set date yet.
Crossing my fingers for that early July date. We have reservations starting July 11 and really hoping to stay at Candy Cane as none of the other close options really hit the amenities/location/price point I want. I have a back up reservation at Desert Inn but I'm getting more snobby about my "just a place to sleep", especially since we are bringing friends.

Has anyone happened to ask if they will be honoring the $10/off per night credits that didn't get to be used within a year due to the shutdown?

Crossing my fingers for that early July date. We have reservations starting July 11 and really hoping to stay at Candy Cane as none of the other close options really hit the amenities/location/price point I want. I have a back up reservation at Desert Inn but I'm getting more snobby about my "just a place to sleep", especially since we are bringing friends.
Did you make your reservation by phone? I was not able to book anything online for September.

Did you make your reservation by phone? I was not able to book anything online for September.
I booked online but I did it back in January. It is not encouraging to me that they've stopped accepting reservations, especially as far out as September (we have September reservations as well that I also booked in January). Between the pandemic and the renovation project, we've had 8 reservations cancelled over the last two years. I'm hoping for the streak to be broken soon.

Has anyone happened to ask if they will be honoring the $10/off per night credits that didn't get to be used within a year due to the shutdown?

I just heard back from the General Manager and thought I would share the reply in case anyone else was wondering about the $10 off/night reward certificates (that would have expired during the closure) being honored upon reopening. Very happy to hear this:

Yes it is still valid. From the date we open your certificate will be valid for a whole year. For example if we open in July of 2022 you certificate will be valid up until July of 2023. We have applied notes to your profile which will show when you book a future reservation and whoever is booking for you will have that information.

Just got our cancellation notification for our July reservations:

"Greetings,
We regret to inform you that we have cancelled your upcoming reservations. We have experienced a major setback that will prevent us from opening during the month of July. This delay was caused by an issue that is out of our control and again, we sincerely apologize for this. Our crews are working diligently to finish as soon as possible.
We know that there is high demand for hotel rooms during some dates in July and we have provided a list of some hotels (not our recommendation) in the immediate area that still have room available. Keep an eye out on our Facebook or Instagram for more updates.
Kings Inn - Parking $10 per day / No breakfast
Anaheim Portofino Inn & Suites –Free Parking – No Breakfast
Tropicana Inn & Suites -$17 Parking/ No Breakfast
Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn– Free Parking / Free continental breakfast
The Anaheim Hotel –$20 Parking / Breakfast $10 daily
Wyndham Anaheim –Free Parking / Paid Breakfast
Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel –$15 parking / $15 breakfast
Four Points by Sheraton Anaheim –$16 Parking / $14 Breakfast
La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Anaheim -$18 Parking / Free Breakfast
Alpine Inn – Free Parking / Free continental breakfast
Cortona Inn & Suites Anaheim Resort Free Parking /Free Continental
Hampton Inn & Suites Anaheim – $20 Parking / Free Continental Breakfast
Anaheim Carriage Inn – Free Parking / Free Continental Breakfast
Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim/Garden Grove – $20 Parking / $15 Breakfast"

Just got our cancellation notification for our July reservations:

"Greetings,
We regret to inform you that we have cancelled your upcoming reservations. We have experienced a major setback that will prevent us from opening during the month of July. This delay was caused by an issue that is out of our control and again, we sincerely apologize for this. Our crews are working diligently to finish as soon as possible.
We know that there is high demand for hotel rooms during some dates in July and we have provided a list of some hotels (not our recommendation) in the immediate area that still have room available. Keep an eye out on our Facebook or Instagram for more updates.
Kings Inn - Parking $10 per day / No breakfast
Anaheim Portofino Inn & Suites –Free Parking – No Breakfast
Tropicana Inn & Suites -$17 Parking/ No Breakfast
Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn– Free Parking / Free continental breakfast
The Anaheim Hotel –$20 Parking / Breakfast $10 daily
Wyndham Anaheim –Free Parking / Paid Breakfast
Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel –$15 parking / $15 breakfast
Four Points by Sheraton Anaheim –$16 Parking / $14 Breakfast
La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Anaheim -$18 Parking / Free Breakfast
Alpine Inn – Free Parking / Free continental breakfast
Cortona Inn & Suites Anaheim Resort Free Parking /Free Continental
Hampton Inn & Suites Anaheim – $20 Parking / Free Continental Breakfast
Anaheim Carriage Inn – Free Parking / Free Continental Breakfast
Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim/Garden Grove – $20 Parking / $15 Breakfast"

Be aware that those prices are not accurate. The Four Points increased the price of breakfast to $19.95 a few months ago if you don't have Marriott Platinum status or higher and parking there has been over $20 for a while now. The Garden Inn also does individual meals for breakfast or a very bad continental breakfast buffet which I remember being cheaper than $15 last year.

I am surprised by this. I talked to them just yesterday and was told mid-July was the target date. Sorry.

I have a late July reservation and have not received an email cancelling it yet. I'll keep my fingers crossed. We also have back up reservations at Tropicana in case the CCI is not open in time.

Good grief! How does a business stay closed for so long? They must have huge reserves or something. I have already booked alternative accomodations for our November trip. Hopefully we get to try Candy Cane Inn on a future trip.

Good grief! How does a business stay closed for so long? They must have huge reserves or something. I have already booked alternative accomodations for our November trip. Hopefully we get to try Candy Cane Inn on a future trip.
I'm thinking they must have received a very large PPP loan to initiate this remodel.

Wondering how far out reservations have been cancelled with the latest setbacks. I see mid July reservations have been cancelled. Has anyone received cancellation notices for dates later than that?

Wondering how far out reservations have been cancelled with the latest setbacks. I see mid July reservations have been cancelled. Has anyone received cancellation notices for dates later than that?
We have reservations for early October and haven't heard anything yet about cancelation. I have a back up hotel just incase booked.

I'm thinking they must have received a very large PPP loan to initiate this remodel.
We are well past the PPP time frame. And PPP (Paycheck Protection Plan) can't be used for something like this. They own the property, so they can take their time and do this remodel properly. I'm sure they want to get the property back up, and are likely having inspection issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter