Car rental locations for WDW...

There has been a recent change to the roadways approaching the MK. You won't need to go through the parking toll booths to get to the CCC. Instead, follow the signs for the MK area resorts. You'll pass the parking lots on your left and then take a left turn onto Seven Seas Drive at the lights. At the end of that road, take another left and follow that to the Car Care Center. Basically you loop around the parking lot when you do this.
Super helpful information - thanks so much!

Just found this thread and want to thank everyone for all the great details. We're at WDW Sunday-Thursday and then are heading over to Universal for two days. Decided to rent a car at the Disney CCC since we can get picked-up right at Pop Century, and then we'll drop off the car at the airport. Simple and easy - thanks!

I’ve only ever used the CCC and they were phenomenal! I dropped off a car and they gave me a lift back to my resort immediately. Door to door. I would not hesitate to use them.
ITA! :thumbsup2

We’re staying one night at Caribbean Beach before our cruise in February. Rental rates from the airport are so outrageous it’s half the price to take Magical Express when we arrive and pick up a rental the next morning to drive to port.

We’ve never rented a car from WDW before (only from MCO), so I don’t know if one option is preferable or if it doesn’t really make a difference: picking up at the Car Care Center (scheduling a shuttle to get there), or picking up at Dolphin (getting there by Skyliner/walking from Epcot). They are the same price, and we’ll be getting the car at 9:00 am.

Thanks for any thoughts!

Last edited:

so I don’t know if one option is preferable or if it doesn’t really make a difference: picking up at the Car Care Center (scheduling a shuttle to get there), or picking up at Dolphin (getting there by Skyliner/walking from Epcot). They are the same price, and we’ll be getting the car at 9:00 am.
I'd be tempted to do the skyliner option, but I'm not sure what time the rental counter opens at the Dolphin.

Anyone having a problem searching carrentalsavers for on property companies? I am searching 4/28-5/5 using Bay Lake, Lake Buena Vista, and Orlando and none of the companies that are on property are showing up. I have always used Bay Lake to get the Car Care Center and the Dolphin, but now I am getting an "oops" message. Would someone be willing to check and see if they are getting the same message to see if it's just me?

Thanks

Anyone having a problem searching carrentalsavers for on property companies? I am searching 4/28-5/5 using Bay Lake, Lake Buena Vista, and Orlando and none of the companies that are on property are showing up. I have always used Bay Lake to get the Car Care Center and the Dolphin, but now I am getting an "oops" message. Would someone be willing to check and see if they are getting the same message to see if it's just me?

Thanks
They are not showing for your dates when I try them too. They do show up on the National Car website, so you can book direct.

www.carrentalsavers.com shows me several lake buena vista rental companies for me.
They are not showing for your dates when I try them too. They do show up on the National Car website, so you can book direct.

I contacted carrentalsavers and they were getting the same results as me for the on property companies not showing up. The closest I can get is the hotels down by Disney Springs. Anyway, they are looking into it

I just made a reservation for a rental car. The cost of the insurance is so high. I know my car insurance will cover and if there is an accident I have to pay my deductible. The one thing that troubles me is what the rental car company would charge me if I had an accident and if the car was being repaired and out of service. Is there any credit card that would provides insurance for the loss of use of the car?

I just made a reservation for a rental car. The cost of the insurance is so high. I know my car insurance will cover and if there is an accident I have to pay my deductible. The one thing that troubles me is what the rental car company would charge me if I had an accident and if the car was being repaired and out of service. Is there any credit card that would provides insurance for the loss of use of the car?

Did you buy the rental company's insurance? I'm a little confused. If you did it's probably not necessary because of your personal policy. Check with your insurance company to see if you are covered while driving a rental vehicle

Did you buy the rental company's insurance? I'm a little confused. If you did it's probably not necessary because of your personal policy. Check with your insurance company to see if you are covered while driving a rental vehicle
Not all states have/require/provide insurance to cover car rental companies for lost days of use of the car. In Florida, if the car you've rented (for example), gets hit while parked and takes 2 weeks to repair, the car rental place is allowed to charge the renter (even though it wasn't their fault) the cost of the lost revenue for those two weeks. It's a really cruddy practice! There is insurance you can get from the rental car company to cover for this, but it's expensive.

In Florida, if the car you've rented (for example), gets hit while parked and takes 2 weeks to repair, the car rental place is allowed to charge the renter (even though it wasn't their fault) the cost of the lost revenue for those two weeks.
Wondering how this works. There really isn't one price for a car rental as we've all found out when searching for the best rate. They go up and down all the time. Also, it seems to be about revenue but doesn't include any offsetting expense that the rental would have covered? And what if that car wouldn't have been rented during that period because they have an over abundance of that class of vehicles?

I'm surprised a class action lawsuit hasn't been started.

Hi - we have never had to rent a car in Orlando before but this year we do. We will take ME to our resort but will rent a car to go to the FL west coast for a week and then return it after. We want to rent the car at DW. It looks like the past locations at Dolphin and Swan are no longer in service. Is the CCC center still an option? I went to their site and no mention of renting a car. TIA

Hi - we have never had to rent a car in Orlando before but this year we do. We will take ME to our resort but will rent a car to go to the FL west coast for a week and then return it after. We want to rent the car at DW. It looks like the past locations at Dolphin and Swan are no longer in service. Is the CCC center still an option? I went to their site and no mention of renting a car. TIA
It was last I heard. You have to go to the National or Alamo websites and pick the CCC as the pickup location. I just checked on the Alamo site and they are allowing reservations for the CCC.

It was last I heard. You have to go to the National or Alamo websites and pick the CCC as the pickup location. I just checked on the Alamo site and they are allowing reservations for the CCC.
I just reserved one at the car care center through Costco. They had both Alamo and Enterprise listed, enterprise was a lot cheaper. I hope they are still doing the pickup at the resort!

In need of some assistance with renting a car. Been to WDW many many times but never needed a car. We are looking to rent a car just for a few days in the middle of our WDW stay.(August/September trip) We have never rented before, but from what i am reading there is a Car Care Center on WDW property? I can picture the location of it with a gas station I believe? Wanna say we pass it when we leave MK. How do we go about renting one from that particualr location? What company uses that location? Do they bring the car to your WDW resort and pick it up when you are done? Like I said we have never rented a car before and not sure where to begin. It will be myself, husband and 5 year old son so im assuming we will bring our own carseat on airplane down to WDW so we will have that. I know we can rent from the MCO airport when we fly in but since we don't need the car right away i thought maybe we could save a little money and only rent it when we needed it in the middle of our stay. I would apprecitae any feedback.

In need of some assistance with renting a car. Been to WDW many many times but never needed a car. We are looking to rent a car just for a few days in the middle of our WDW stay.(August/September trip) We have never rented before, but from what i am reading there is a Car Care Center on WDW property? I can picture the location of it with a gas station I believe? Wanna say we pass it when we leave MK. How do we go about renting one from that particualr location? What company uses that location? Do they bring the car to your WDW resort and pick it up when you are done? Like I said we have never rented a car before and not sure where to begin. It will be myself, husband and 5 year old son so im assuming we will bring our own carseat on airplane down to WDW so we will have that. I know we can rent from the MCO airport when we fly in but since we don't need the car right away i thought maybe we could save a little money and only rent it when we needed it in the middle of our stay. I would apprecitae any feedback.
Alamo and National are the two companies that rent out of the CCC. Book on either of their websites and choose the Disney Car Care center as the location. They will come pick you up anywhere on property, bring you to the CCC to get your rental and drop you off anywhere on property. When I used it in 2019 they picked me up at POP, and dropped me off at Disney Springs when I returned the car the same day. I had a just about to turn 4 year old, we put him in his car seat on the plane, I went to the CCC and picked up the car by myself then went back to POP to pick up the family, same on the return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!