Car rental locations for WDW...

gortman65

Proud papa to two Mouseketeers
There has been a recent change to the roadways approaching the MK. You won't need to go through the parking toll booths to get to the CCC. Instead, follow the signs for the MK area resorts. You'll pass the parking lots on your left and then take a left turn onto Seven Seas Drive at the lights. At the end of that road, take another left and follow that to the Car Care Center. Basically you loop around the parking lot when you do this.
Super helpful information - thanks so much!

CrabbyPatty

DIS Veteran
Just found this thread and want to thank everyone for all the great details. We're at WDW Sunday-Thursday and then are heading over to Universal for two days. Decided to rent a car at the Disney CCC since we can get picked-up right at Pop Century, and then we'll drop off the car at the airport. Simple and easy - thanks!

kimmar067

TAGS?? It's all about the 'likes' now!
I’ve only ever used the CCC and they were phenomenal! I dropped off a car and they gave me a lift back to my resort immediately. Door to door. I would not hesitate to use them.
ITA! :thumbsup2

• vetrik

DIS Veteran
    We’re staying one night at Caribbean Beach before our cruise in February. Rental rates from the airport are so outrageous it’s half the price to take Magical Express when we arrive and pick up a rental the next morning to drive to port.

We’ve never rented a car from WDW before (only from MCO), so I don’t know if one option is preferable or if it doesn’t really make a difference: picking up at the Car Care Center (scheduling a shuttle to get there), or picking up at Dolphin (getting there by Skyliner/walking from Epcot). They are the same price, and we’ll be getting the car at 9:00 am.

Thanks for any thoughts!

Last edited:

OKW Lover

Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle.
    DIS Lifetime Sponsor
    so I don’t know if one option is preferable or if it doesn’t really make a difference: picking up at the Car Care Center (scheduling a shuttle to get there), or picking up at Dolphin (getting there by Skyliner/walking from Epcot). They are the same price, and we’ll be getting the car at 9:00 am.
    I'd be tempted to do the skyliner option, but I'm not sure what time the rental counter opens at the Dolphin.

maciec

AHHHH....Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?
    Anyone having a problem searching carrentalsavers for on property companies? I am searching 4/28-5/5 using Bay Lake, Lake Buena Vista, and Orlando and none of the companies that are on property are showing up. I have always used Bay Lake to get the Car Care Center and the Dolphin, but now I am getting an "oops" message. Would someone be willing to check and see if they are getting the same message to see if it's just me?

Thanks

• robinb

DIS veteran
    Anyone having a problem searching carrentalsavers for on property companies? I am searching 4/28-5/5 using Bay Lake, Lake Buena Vista, and Orlando and none of the companies that are on property are showing up. I have always used Bay Lake to get the Car Care Center and the Dolphin, but now I am getting an "oops" message. Would someone be willing to check and see if they are getting the same message to see if it's just me?

Thanks
    They are not showing for your dates when I try them too. They do show up on the National Car website, so you can book direct.

maciec

www.carrentalsavers.com shows me several lake buena vista rental companies for me.
    They are not showing for your dates when I try them too. They do show up on the National Car website, so you can book direct.
    I contacted carrentalsavers and they were getting the same results as me for the on property companies not showing up. The closest I can get is the hotels down by Disney Springs. Anyway, they are looking into it

• pmdeve

DIS Veteran
    I just made a reservation for a rental car. The cost of the insurance is so high. I know my car insurance will cover and if there is an accident I have to pay my deductible. The one thing that troubles me is what the rental car company would charge me if I had an accident and if the car was being repaired and out of service. Is there any credit card that would provides insurance for the loss of use of the car?

maciec

I just made a reservation for a rental car. The cost of the insurance is so high. I know my car insurance will cover and if there is an accident I have to pay my deductible. The one thing that troubles me is what the rental car company would charge me if I had an accident and if the car was being repaired and out of service. Is there any credit card that would provides insurance for the loss of use of the car?
    Did you buy the rental company's insurance? I'm a little confused. If you did it's probably not necessary because of your personal policy. Check with your insurance company to see if you are covered while driving a rental vehicle

heathere3

Mouseketeer
    Did you buy the rental company's insurance? I'm a little confused. If you did it's probably not necessary because of your personal policy. Check with your insurance company to see if you are covered while driving a rental vehicle
    Not all states have/require/provide insurance to cover car rental companies for lost days of use of the car. In Florida, if the car you've rented (for example), gets hit while parked and takes 2 weeks to repair, the car rental place is allowed to charge the renter (even though it wasn't their fault) the cost of the lost revenue for those two weeks. It's a really cruddy practice! There is insurance you can get from the rental car company to cover for this, but it's expensive.

OKW Lover

Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle.
    DIS Lifetime Sponsor
    In Florida, if the car you've rented (for example), gets hit while parked and takes 2 weeks to repair, the car rental place is allowed to charge the renter (even though it wasn't their fault) the cost of the lost revenue for those two weeks.
    Wondering how this works. There really isn't one price for a car rental as we've all found out when searching for the best rate. They go up and down all the time. Also, it seems to be about revenue but doesn't include any offsetting expense that the rental would have covered? And what if that car wouldn't have been rented during that period because they have an over abundance of that class of vehicles?

I'm surprised a class action lawsuit hasn't been started.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates