Car rental locations for WDW...

goofy4tink

No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator
Think it might be a good idea to have one area where we can give a listing of car rental counters that impact WDW guests. So, with that in mind, anyone is welcome to add to the listing...please give the company name, where it is located and how it is accessed by WDW guests.
I would rather keep this thread to this type subject matter. This is not the place to ask about codes, how much people are paying, etc.
Thanks all.....

Avis has an office in the Hilton directly across the street from Down Town Disney. Basic Info is:

General Web Site: www.avis.com
Address: 1751 Hotel Plaza Blvd Lake Buena Vista, FL, 32830 ,
Local Phone: (1) 407-827-2847.
Location Code: LB3,
Hours of Operation: Sun - Sat 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM

Its a short walk across the street from DTD so you could take a Disney bus to DTD and walk over. They sometimes have a shuttle available to pick you up or drop you off before/after. Call to find out if its available that day.

Dollar has a location in the Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort near Down Town Disney. Easy walking distance from the DTD bus stop. Info is:

General web site: www.dollar.com
Address: 1850 HOTEL PLAZA BOULEVARD, LAKE BUENA VISTA, FL 32830
Local Phone: 407-583-8000

Alamo is Directly onsite. 1st at the Swan at the EPCOT Resort area. 2nd at the Car Care Center/ Hess Gas station leaving the Magic Kingdom. You can get picked-up from any Disney Resort. Sorry I do not have the addresses.

National has a location at the Dolphin Resort:

Generic Web Site: www.nationalcar.com
Local address: 1500 Epcot Resort Blvd, Orlando, FL 1.7 mi SW
toll free national number: (888) 826-6890

All major car rental companies have locations on or near the Walt Disney World property, with pick-up and drop-off at your WDW resort hotel. I've had excellent service and cars from National at the WDW Dolphin, but I would not suggest limiting the choice to National and Alamo, despite their "official" status at WDW.

For example, Hertz has locations at around a dozen hotels in the general vicinity of Walt Disney World. (Some, but probably not all, of them all have shuttles.) Hertz also has a free-standing Disney-Kissimmee location on Hwy 192 just south of Disney's Animal Kingdom. It specializes in service to WDW resort guests:

Hertz - Disney World Kissimmee
7471 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway
Kissimmee, Florida 34747-1723
Phone: 407 396-2800
Location Type: Corporate
Hours of Operation: 0730-1700 7 Days

If you are loyal to a particular car rental company or you qualify for a good discount code through your employer or other affiliation, visit the website (or call the toll-free number) of that car rental company website.

Here are a few suggestions:

As the city, specify "Lake Buena Vista" or "Walt Disney World" (not Orlando) to bring up locations on or near WDW property.

Be sure to check the hours. Unlike busy airport locations, local car rental locations have limited hours.

The location information on the website might tell you how they handle pick-ups and drop-offs, but it would still be worth making a quick phone call to the location.

Although this thread is great idea, keep in mind that locations and hours will change over time.

It's worth trying different companies, different locations, and different legitimate discount codes to find a good price.

The location that's closest to your resort may not be the most convenient one if you have to wait to be picked up anyway.

Alamo is Directly onsite. 1st at the Swan at the EPCOT Resort area. 2nd at the Car Care Center/ Hess Gas station leaving the Magic Kingdom. You can get picked-up from any Disney Resort. Sorry I do not have the addresses.

Actually, Alamo is at the Dolphin, with National. There is no car rental at the Swan.

Alamo is also located at the Buena Vista Palace Hotel, also in the DTD area and right across the street from SSR. Location code is ORLR73, address is 1900 E. Buena Vista Dr. Local Phone 407-827-6363, hours Sun/Sat 8:00am to 5:45pm

Budget has a location in the Doubletree near Down Town Disney. Easy walking distance from the Down Town Disney bus stop, or use pick up service.

General web site: www.budget.com
Address: 2305 HOTEL PLAZA BOULEVARD, LAKE BUENA VISTA, FL 32830-8439
Local Phone: 407-827-6089

Location code: M03

Hours:
Sat-Sun 800-1700
Mon-Fri 800-1800

Does the Car Care Center have a shuttle to take you back to the resort? Is Alamo only at one hotel?

Does the Car Care Center have a shuttle to take you back to the resort? Is Alamo only at one hotel?
It's not a Car Care Center shuttle; it's an Alamo/National shuttle.

Call Alamo/National to schedule complimentary shuttle service between your WDW resort and the Car Center Center at last one hour before you want to be picked up. When you return the car during operating hours, the complimentary shuttle will take you back to your WDW resort.

On WDW property, Alamo is at the Walt Disney Dolphin Resort (ORLR74), the Shades Of Green Armed Forces Recreation Center Resort (ORLR82), the LXR Buena Vista Palace Hotel (ORLR73), and the Walt Disney World Car Care Center (ORLR72).

Some places show Hertz as having a desk at Shades of Green. Hertz is no longer at SoG. As mentioned by pp Alamo/National are now at Shades of Green.

Question about the Alamo location at the Dolphin.
I just changed my drop-off for this location. At alamo.com it said that this locatin is closed for my drop-.off time ( 5pm) and to ask for instructions at the pick-up counter..

1. Are they really closed that early on Sept 3rd
2. What could these instructions be?? I am trying to keep it simple and I hope they dont direct me to the Car Care to drop off!! That was my original drop-off but since we have a ADR in Epcot, Dolphin is perfect.

thanks

Question about the Alamo location at the Dolphin.
I just changed my drop-off for this location. At alamo.com it said that this locatin is closed for my drop-.off time ( 5pm) and to ask for instructions at the pick-up counter..

1. Are they really closed that early on Sept 3rd
2. What could these instructions be?? I am trying to keep it simple and I hope they dont direct me to the Car Care to drop off!! That was my original drop-off but since we have a ADR in Epcot, Dolphin is perfect.

thanks

Alamo at the Walt Disney Dolphin is open daily from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

The way that rental car returns work at Walt Disney Dolphin is that you leave your Alamo (or National) car with valet parking. The valet parking attendant fills out a form noting the mileage and fuel level. (Make sure the attendant understands that you are returning the car, not just having it parked.) At the Dolphin, you return your car at valet parking regardless of whether the Alamo/National counter is open or closed.

The next morning, when the Alamo/National staff returns, they'll close out your bill and email a receipt to you.

Depending on when you rented the car, you might pay for an extra day. For example, if you arrive at MCO and rent a car there at 6:00 p.m. on a Tuesday, and you return it at the Dolphin at 5:00 p.m. on a Tuesday a week later, your car will be checked in at 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday, so you'll pay for 8 days, not 7 days.

This return process is not unique to the Dolphin. The usual practice for after-hours returns, regardless of the car rental company and location, is that the rental is closed out when the office reopens the next day. The only difference is that at most locations you park your car and put the keys in a slot rather than going to valet parking.

For more information about car rentals and returns at the Dolphin, call (888) 826-6893 or (407) 934-4930.

Does anyone have advice for me for a one way car rental from Atlanta, Georgia to Walt Disney World.

My situation is that I don't think that my 23 year old car will make another 450 mile trip.

When I do drive my car from Atlanta to WDW, I always just park my car and exclusively use my own mobility scooter to get around my whole vacation using WDW Bus, boat launches, monorail, and sidewalk transportation to get from one place to another.

I don't routinely rent a car. The last time I rented a car was years ago to use while my car needed maintenance while I needed transportation to work and back home.

I have looked at the information above.

I have seached online for oneway rentals and I have not been very happy with the cost.

I do like that WDW has a Car Center that will shuttle me back and forth to my WDW resort.

But in Atlanta, Alamo only departs from the Atlanta International Airport.

I guess that I have only used Enterprise Car Rental that picks me up and drops me off for the very few times that I have had to rent in Atlanta, Georgia.

Any suggestions or experiences for anyone?

I would appreciate any insight.

On another note, I do not fly airlines. The trains just take too long. Bus is possible, but the mobility scooter and luggage and time may be an issue.

I'll keep researching, but I sure could use some suggestions.

Hi Ray...sorry this got overlooked.
Not sure I can be much help. Have you priced out round trip costs??? They might be better.
Or heck...maybe it's time to replace that 23 y/o car!!! I doubt it owes you much. Try checking out Mousesavers website....Mary has a bunch of great rental car info, as well as some decent codes that can be used by most people.
Hope it all works out for you my friend!!! And stay healthy...I want a Ray hug in Dec!!!!

Hi Ray...sorry this got overlooked.
Not sure I can be much help. Have you priced out round trip costs??? They might be better.
Or heck...maybe it's time to replace that 23 y/o car!!! I doubt it owes you much. Try checking out Mousesavers website....Mary has a bunch of great rental car info, as well as some decent codes that can be used by most people.
Hope it all works out for you my friend!!! And stay healthy...I want a Ray hug in Dec!!!!

No worries. I can't wait to see you again and give you a hug, too. I'll be at the Swan and BWV, too, if you ever need a car to use.

I found an excellent local mechanic on Angie's List and they fixed my car at a reasonable price and ready to drive the 450 miles down to WDW.

Thank you for your reply.

I have been trying for years to get my head around how to do three things at one time.

I need a SUV/minivan and internal scooter lift and a new mobility scooter and they must all fit together. The mobility scooter has to fit on the lift and the lift has to fit inside the rear of the sub/minivan.

I have narrowed down the choices of two lifts and two mobility scooters, but I am having trouble choosing a vehicle, because I always wanted an Prius for my last car and that definitely won't work.

I just want the vehicle to be a solid performer and environmental in terms of gas, etc..

Oh well. At least I can make one more trip down to WDW this December.

I can't wait to see you again. I miss you.

No worries. I can't wait to see you again and give you a hug, too. I'll be at the Swan and BWV, too, if you ever need a car to use.

I found an excellent local mechanic on Angie's List and they fixed my car at a reasonable price and ready to drive the 450 miles down to WDW.

Thank you for your reply.

I have been trying for years to get my head around how to do three things at one time.

I need a SUV/minivan and internal scooter lift and a new mobility scooter and they must all fit together. The mobility scooter has to fit on the lift and the lift has to fit inside the rear of the sub/minivan.

I have narrowed down the choices of two lifts and two mobility scooters, but I am having trouble choosing a vehicle, because I always wanted an Prius for my last car and that definitely won't work.

I just want the vehicle to be a solid performer and environmental in terms of gas, etc..

Oh well. At least I can make one more trip down to WDW this December.

I can't wait to see you again. I miss you.
I'm so happy you got the car fixed. Don't want to be worrying about you breaking down along the way to the happiest place in the world!!!
Safe travels...see you in Dec!!! And keep trying to figure out the right vehicle fit for you and your 'stuff'!!!

If you drop your car off at the Dolphin (Alamo) before the office is open, is there still a shuttle to bring my husband back to POR? Even if their office is closed?
It may be better to rent from a company that is near DTD so he can catch a bus back. Never been to the Dolphin, is it close to DTD?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts