Caribbean Beach Resort FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have asked this question in several places, but I have not gotten a response.

I was wondering if I would need a PS to dine at Shutters? We are thinking of just eating at CBR before we do MVMCP, but we want a sitdown meal. We will probably just snack at the party.

Also, what time does Shutters open?

Shutters at Old Port Royale - priority seating call 407-WDW-DINE – Dinner 5:30pm - 10pm; prime rib, snapper, steaks, and chicken ; American cuisine inspired by the flavors of the Caribbean.

I would make a PS just to be on the safe side.

just wanted to mention what an awesome job you do responding to all the questions, especially when some are asked 5 million times lol. I really appreciate coming to this thread and knowing that you will respond quickly to any question i have no matter how dumb it may be. thanks safetymom!

oh and looking at all your pics makes me so much more excited to be going to CBR i can barely wait!

excitedmom, glad I can help answer questions for everyone. It would have been helpful to have the first several times I went to CBR.

I plan on going to CBR over the weekend and taking new pictures.

Thanks for the note.

Safetymom:

THANKS SO MUCH!! I had posted my question about Shutters over on the restaurants board, and had not gotten any response. Then I remembered your thread.

I really appreciate all the work that you have put into this thread. I am so excited about my first ever stay at CBR in December. I have read this thread all the way through now.

Thanks again.:bounce:

:p
I can't believe this thread is still running after 18 months!! :tongue:
But I still read the updates....yes, I'm hooked!!!:hyper:

Heaven help the "newbies" to the boards that are just trying to get some info on CBR....they will be reading for days!
Cailin's Mom....how long did it take you?

:Pinkbounc

A part 2, I can't wait. I've been thinking about going back and staying there during our December vacation

Water Cannons are BACK at the main pool!!!!

I went to CBR today to see how CBR survived the hurricane.

Lots of tree were down or damaged. Also lots of plants on Parrot Cay were damaged.

But as I walked around the pool I was pleasantly surprised to see the water cannons were back. It seems more frequent than it was before and stronger. Lots of shrieks from the folks when it shot the water.

Hi everyone,
I just spent forever reading through this thread. I have about 25 more pages to go, but haven't seen this question asked yet.

I have a King room booked for next month. I plan on faxing in a request 4 days before we arrive. Since I am already paying a higher rate for teh King, would I have to pay even higher if I get a prefered or water view room? Or an I request anywhere with that rate and not get charged more?

You can always give it a shot-worst they can say is no!

My understanding is that it is two separate things. It costs extra to stay in a king bed room and it costs extra again to stay in a preferred location.

That is how it was explained to me by several CM's. Your mileage may vary.

We are planning a vacation for the first part of January and plan on staying at CBR at least 3 days. Are the pools there heated? Even if they are, is it warm enough to swim that time of year?
I like the pools to be about 85 before I get in but the kids can handle 75 or so.

Thanks!

Yes the pool is heated to 82. There is also a hot tub. Water is comfortable until you have to get out and hit the air. :)

cindyfan:

I was reading it at work on a dead day. I still think that it took me 2 days to read most of it. Then I spent about an hour a day for another week. However, now that I have read it, I just subscribed to the thread and I read the updates.

I am hooked on the DISBOARDS, so it doesn't bother me to spend time reading them.

Safetymom has done an AWESOME job with this thread. I can't wait for part 2.
princess:

I just updated my website with new photos of CBR after the hurricane. These were taken a week after the hurricane.

The buildings all look ok and I am sure that by now most of the downed limbs have been removed. I did see a large number of trees that had fallen but CBR still looks beautiful after the hurricane.

Great photos-thanks for sharing them!

How close are Aruba and Jamaica to Old Port Royale?

takes me about 5 min across the bridge and the nice island. Not to bad of a walk if I do say so myself.

We're making our first trip to CBR in October. I've narrowed it down to Aruba or Jamaica. Which would you prefer? We've got two kids, ages 6 and 3. We'll probably just stay at the pool in our village, but is there a playground at either one of these villages?

Also, do all of the rooms have the privacy curtain in front of the dressing area. I noticed the pictures of an Aruba room had it, but I couldn't tell about the other pictures.

And, we need a non-smoking room - so would this be easier to get with a particular village request?

And finally, I would prefer a ground floor room since there are no elevators. This would be my least important room request - just would be nice with the stroller and the cooler. Is this hard to get? We're not going to be getting there until around 6:00 or 7:00 in the evening.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter