Caribbean Beach Resort FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I haven't posted much here for a while! Sorry folks. I returned from CBR on 16th August after being delayed flying home because of Hurricane Charley. Sanford airport was closed on 14th August (Saturday) and we couldn't fly home until the afternoon on 15th August (arriving home 7am Monday morning).

I had asked for an upstairs room in Jamaica 45 but they didn't have any rooms available there. We ended up in Aruba 54 which we were really pleased with. Our room was 5459. The building stretches from the parking lot on one side to the pool & beach at the other end. Our room was great and very quiet - being about half-way along the building.

Friday 13th August was interesting! We were at the Magic Kingdom in the morning and they closed at 1pm (along with all the other Disney Parks). We went back to CBR and went to OPR where the queues for food were very long! We got some pizzas and drinks and stayed there for a while. We were hit by the "pre-hurricane" storm and I recorded that on my camcorder. When that cleared, we made our way back to our room and stayed there watching the weather reports on the television. It was also the only time we ever really talked to our neighbours in the building, had a good natter about the weather (a good English tradition!!!).

Zoe

Does anyone know how CBR faired after Frances? I haven't heard much about WDW after the storm. Praying Ivan doesn't hit next.

I haven't heard anything about damage at CBR. I am sure the landscaping was beat up again. I am planning on driving down to CBR this afternoon. I will let you know what I see.

Yes, they still have coconuts that you can mail home. They are available either at Calypso Trading Post or the Straw Market. Not sure which one, but they are right by each other. Ask a Cast Member :)

We just got back from CBR on 9/1, we just missed Charley going there and Frances coming back. I saw the coconuts, they were $14.00 each. Here is a link to my pictures, there are some of CBR and of other resorts we visited as well as pictures of some of the food we had at Disney restraunts. The best way to view is to click "Slideshow" when you get to the site, it has descriptions of the pictures too. If anyone has any questions I will be happy to answer them.

Our trip to CBR was great as usual. We had rooms 4604 (King for me and DH) and my sister and her kids had room 4603 that connected to ours, it worked out so great, we were in Jamaica again, which was what I requested.

CBR/WDW Vacation 2004 Photos

Are the drinks listed somewhere? My youngest doesn't drink pop or tea. Wondering if they have lemonade. What about the hot chocolate or milk?

16 weeks from today we will be checking into CBR for the first time. We are sooooooooooo excited!
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Maachah

The drinks are available at a "bar" so I know you won't be able to get hot chocolate or milk there, but possibly pop. They do have a menu that is non alcoholic and they are kind of like frozen drinks, so you may find something on that.

If you are using a mug they don't offer milk. You can ask at the counters for packets of hot chocolate.

There is a grab and go market that sells small bottles of milk and larger ones are available in the gift shop.

We just made reservations to go back to CBR. I am so excited. The last time we were there, was 3 years ago. I have resort hopped, but now I'm going back to one of my favorite resorts. I can't wait for the kids to find out. My baby, she was 3 when we went, doesn't remember the resort. My oldest does but barely. So what a fun Christmas vacation coming up for us.

We have reservations at CBR for 9 nights in December 2005 and I came here for reassurance of my choice! I love the Bahamas and the theming really appeals to me- but there is so much negativity floating around about CBR, I'm starting to worry.:(

I have never stayed at CBR, but I have been there and I have been to the Bahamas multiple times. I took my family to CBR, had lunch, cruised around old port Royale, crossed the bridges and the island. It is gorgeous. It will definately give you the island feel. It seems very laid back. The biggest downside I saw was the sheer size of the resort if you were stuck in Trinidad South or something like that. I'd take Jamaica anyday. Checking out Jaimaca and the ammenities is actually one of the reasons visited CBR that day.

On a side note, I have a close friend (my daughters godfather) that grew up in Puerto Rico and has traveled extensively in the Caribbean and South America. He looked at my pictures and said Disney has done a very good job at capturing the look and feel. Granted it is the idealized look and feel, but still...

There are plusses and minuses with every resort. If the size isn't a problem for you, then go! :)

Mermaid02, CBR is a beautiful resort. The grounds are beautiful and the rooms are a decent size. There are downfalls to every resort. Some like them, other's don't. I've stayed at several deluxes and I can't say that I liked them all that much. You look at it for what it is, a beautiful moderate resort. I think that you will love CBR.

There was a thread several weeks ago where many commented how much they liked CBR.

You might want to do a search for that thread.

Originally posted by ChairborneRangr
................Granted it is the idealized look and feel, but still...

There are plusses and minuses with every resort. If the size isn't a problem for you, then go! :)

CBR is brilliant and I agree that Disney have done a wonderful job with this resort. An idealised look and feel is actually probably what Disney want - after all, you are on holiday and that's what you'd expect from your holiday accommodation.

We loved CBR and my DH loved it. He is not a "Disney" person, but loved CBR and would very happily stay there again, well worth the money.

A few years ago as a B_day surprise my DH had planned a Disney trip. He had everything go to my parents house.

Well my mom gets a call that we can upgrade to the CR for the same price as the CBR

My DH says yes of course:bounce: :Pinkbounc

so we had a beautiful room on the 9th floor with a view of the castle:bounce: (All for the same price as the CBR)

somthing though always seemed like it was missing:confused:

so the second nite we went to CBR for supper and right away felt like we were at home!!!

So as dumb as it sounds we had the front desk at the CR call the CBR and the next morning we moved back "home"

That must really sound stupid:confused: :jester:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter