Caribbean Beach Resort FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would call central reservations and have your requests added to your reservation.

Curtains are in all the rooms.

I have pictures of the playgrounds up on my website listed below.

How long is the walk from Trinidad South to Old Port Royal. Just in case we get stuck at this village.

Depending on how you walk maybe 10 mins. There is an internal bus that will take you around the resort if you don't want to walk.

Do you have to take a bus to the custom house/checkin building? I have to checkout and check back in one morning and was wondering how long it would take me before I head to the parks? Can I catch a park bus from the custom house or do I need to go back to my building?

Depending on the direction the busses are going, you can get a park bus and get off at one of the island stops (I don't remember which one it is) and go right across the street. If the bus has already stopped there (you can always ask the driver if they are going that way) just wait for an internal bus, then when you have re-checked in, you can walk across the street to the island bus stop and catch a bus to the park of your wishes :)

Hope I did not confuse you ;)

I did not realize it either until we needed to get there and asked the driver of a bus :) That's what I love about these forums, getting your questions answered ahead of time :)

My family is staying at CBR for 9 nights in December 2005 and I am so excited. I haven't had time to read this whole thread yet (maybe tomorrow afternoon after I get out of work and the kids are IN SCHOOL!)

Quick question- the Unofficial guide recommends the Martinique section.... how hard will it be to get a second floor room and do you recommend a corner room? Are the more windows in them?

Martinique and Trinidad North are preferred locations costing extra nightly. If you don't want to pay the extra money then I would request Jamaica or Aruba.

The corner rooms have an extra window. When we are in the room we usually keep the curtains closed so it mean much to us to have the extra window.

Some corner rooms do not have extra windows as we discovered on our last trip. We did not request a corner room, but we were given one and told they are good due to the extra window, but when we got there, no extra window for us :)

Hi!

I just booked two days, Dec 3 & Dec 4 at CBR. We are staying at OKW from Nov 28 - Dec 2. When discount codes came out for our dates I just couldn't resist 2 more days on-site (my first time staying on site...)

I have to admit that CBR wasn't my first choice, since it has a tropical theme sort of like OKW, but this board is making me feel much better about our upcoming stay. Thanks!

Here's the question:

We've reserved a King Room (varied view is all that was available), and now I'd like to send in a specific room request for a building. We really don't care how close we are to the main building. I'll be traveling with DH, MIL, and SIL, and we don't plan to swim at the main pool. We'll have a car so if we decide to eat at the food court, we'll drive. What we are looking for is a first floor room (I'll have an ECV), that will be near a parking lot. And something away from the Pop Warner crowds, since we're just a bunch of old folks. Any ideas?

You might want to look at my CBR map on my website listed below.

Martinique and Trinidad North are the preferred villages. You might want to think of using Jamaica or Aruba. The parking lots are close to all the buildings.

:cool: I am fairly new to this board, have been on the DCL board but not this one. Thanks safetymom for posting the pics, my DH, DS (5) and I are traveling to WDW for 4 days in January 05 staying at the CBR and then on to the DCL for a seven day cruise. We have really been checking out a lot about the cruise, my DH now has started to ask me about CBR, I have stayed there before and loved it so I am anxious to show him the pictures. All of the official info is okay but these pictures are great!!!! Just a few quick questions, is it busy in January? What is the weather like? Will we be able to swim in the pools? Will we have a chance at a room request? A very good friend is footing the bill for three nights at the hotel and we could have stayed anywhere but we chose the CBR because I think it is just so family friendly, pretty and just a nice respite after a busy day in the parks. Thanks for all of the great reads!!!!

The weather can be nice in Jan. or it can be chilly. The pools will be heated.

There may be cheerleaders at the resorts and parks.

The CM's at CBR are very good at trying to grant your room requests.

i have a question about frances safetymom

i am driving to orlando from ontario, bout a 20odd hour drive with stops. i'm supposed to be leaving sunday morning and arriving at disney at approx. 7am mon morning. Is it supposed to be over by then or just begining? If i had to i could leave friday and be there saturday instead, i just don't want to get caught in anything while i'm in an unfamiliar area yknow? i have no idea about hurricanes, how quick they hit, how fast they blow over. Can you give me a clue from someone who lives there?

It is supposed to hit Sat. along the coast and then take 24 hours to get to Orlando. So the weekend doesn't look good and Monday is a tough call. It all depends what happens.

Good luck and STAY SAFE!!! The parks will always be here.

Frances Storm Track

It looks like it will hit land near melbourne on Saturday morning. You'll have to keep an eye on things. you may need to stay somewhere in Georgia or northern florida for a night depending on where the storm goes.

Keep in mind that it can wander left or right along that path. Even if it doesn't go exactly along the path many many areas will be affected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter