"Carousel of Progress" Closing?

It would be a very sad day if they closed COP. With all the money they are putting into new rides, how about saving a little and doing a refurb on it too while they are refurb-ing the rest of the rides.

It certainly is an old attraction with not a lot of visitors!!! We were there in August and it was open. We always go on the Carosel each and every visit, provided it is open. It has a short day and am not sure if it is open each day.

We think that it should always remain in the MK in honor of Walt Disney. It is certainly a piece of history.

Another thing is that since they basically closed the tomorrowland stage for the most part,{ open seasonally} you do not get the exit crowds from the shows there that flowed into CoP. Unfortunatley, CoP is kind of hidden where it is with nothing to draw guests to it as the Tomorrowland stage did. Actually, now that I think about it, I think they changed the name to Galaxy Palace Theatre.

omg omg omg!!!!!!

im young...but thats the greatest ride!!!!!!! I absolutly fell in love with it when i was 5 and now ride it when ever im down there!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanted to show all my friends when i go for senior trip in the coming years!!!! NOOOOOOOO....Walt should come right down from the sky and give the person who decided to shut it down a nice wack upside the head...then have the ride never close!

I've been going to WDW since it open when I was just a kid. COP is a classic. Only thing we miss the original music. They could really update that last room too coz we already have most of that technology now.
Whats funny is remembering the future room as a kid back in the 1970s, all the stuff the family had is now stuff we've had for years.
I think there is a HUGE gap in slow AND entertaining rides at the disney parks. Senior citizens and young children (Under the age for big rides) have a lack of quality attractions to go on now.

We rode it as a family for the first time in May and we loved it basically because we had the baby and the 4 yr old with us and it was air conditioned inside and dark so they got a chance to take a little cat nap while we watched the "show". We were constantly trying to find nice dark rides like that when it got close to "nap time" for the girls. It came in real handy and I would hate to see it go!!!!

Me and my DS7 went on this last Saturday!! He insisted that we go on it before we went on Buzz Lightyear! I love the song!!

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day"

Myron said:
I have a feeling that WDW is planning to close my favorite attraction "Carousel of Progress". I know it's too "corny" for the kids but for us senior citizens, it's perfect.
OH my goodness. I'm a teen and I love COP. My dad and I love it. He saw the orignal and we both have something for it. We've been really fourtunate...all of our past trips it has been opened. I love the song!

gosh I love this ride! I would be so sad if it closed. My DH sings this song for a week everytime we go on the ride.

gabbysmom04 said:
gosh I love this ride! I would be so sad if it closed. My DH sings this song for a week everytime we go on the ride.

My moms the same way. It might not be the most exciting ride at the park but it really is something still so very Walt Disney, it really would be a shame if it closed.

I think they should add a new scene to the end. The "futuristic" scene is so outdated now. Maybe there's no way to do that because of how it's set up, but I go on it every trip (it's one of my favorites), and this last time seemed like there should just be more to it.

It broke down while we were there Thanksgiving week. We were at the last scene and it didn't move and started over again. After a few minutes people headed for the exit door. It was turned around to the back. We were one of the last to exit. By the time enough got to the front a CM realized what was going on. Not sure if they stopped it for everyone to finish exiting or not. In hindsight it was a little dangerous since if the ride started up again someone could have gotten hurt. You can see how it could happen on a faster ride. Stopped doesn't necessarily mean stopped.

It was open in December when we went Dec 23.

It looked like it had underwent alittle paint, and repair.

Oh I hope they don't close it forever. I finally got the chance to go on CoP this past august even thought it was my 4th trip we never seemed to be able to ride it. It was either closed or we ddin't have time. My youngest was too short for Space mountain so we got to ride this . I love this ride and my 5 yr old (the one who is still too short for space mountain) walks around singing " It's a great big beautiful tomorrow"

Oh. No.

Now, come heck or high water, we ARE going to the park in June.

My daughter adores that ride. When she was 5 on our last trip it was her FAVORITE ride in ALL of Disney.

This is VERY VERY bad.

We noticed a lot of work in the theater that we were riding in during Thanksgiving. New speakers (not balanced yet), carpeting, and fixed animatronics made it almost a "new" experience. It looked like they were putting some money into the show. It would have been almost a perfect experience if the sound was more balanced, and the shims were replaced. I know eventually it will give up the ghost, but we enjoy the show every year when we visit (if it's up and running). We have seen it pretty frequently, but we usually visit during the busier times of the year. It was also pretty full when we saw it last. That's a good sign.

I seen it on NYE and it seemed to be working just fine! (however, I was the ONLY person in the theatre!)

i'm 16 and CoP has always been one of my favorites in the MK.
Would hate to have a trip to Disney without it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter