Cars Land and Buena Vista St. in DCA open on June 15th - new info added 5-10-12

YEah agree, I never seen a SR line with a wait time board before and I done SR in every park worldwide. I'm guessing its for people who just assume SR will be a walk on but find out that you STILL have to wait (sometimes when I do Soarin SR for example, I ended up waiting 20 mins at times). This will give them a better idea I guess although FP still doesnt have a wait time, so it is odd.

The SR lines at WDW have them. Test Track and RnRC for sure. Can't remember if EE has a wait time for its SR.

Anyway, good to know that RSR will have SR, adding it to the many rides at DCA that have it. :thumbsup2

The SR lines at WDW have them. Test Track and RnRC for sure. Can't remember if EE has a wait time for its SR.

Anyway, good to know that RSR will have SR, adding it to the many rides at DCA that have it. :thumbsup2

Ok, cool! To be honest, have not been to WDW in quite a while so have not seen any of those. Crazy I been on both TT and RNRC, so I'm guessing they been added the last few years!

Just curious, but what is the average wait for SR on those?

Cars Land at Night Through a Photographer’s Lens at Disney California Adventure Park

posted on April 27th, 2012 by Paul Hiffmeyer, Chief Photographer for Public Relations, Disneyland Resort

Disneyparks Blog

When night falls in Cars Land, all I can say is “get your camera ready!” For years, I’ve had the pleasure of discovering all the different photographs to be had at the Disneyland Resort once the sun goes down, so having the opportunity to explore all the new photo possibilities in Cars Land at night has been a real treat.
car118492SMALL.jpg

CDT123234SMALL.jpg

When you enter Cars Land at night, you’re going to want to walk down Route 66 and take in the spectacular lights and neon signs of Radiator Springs.

car338492SMALL.jpg

This photo was taken just outside Radiator Springs Racers. You can really see the shape of the front of a car come into view in the rockwork with the way it is lit at night (the grill to the left, hood ornament on top, and even a wheel well on the right). Be on the look out for more surprises in the rockwork, some things are easy to find and some are a little harder.

car448492SMALL.jpg
This photo is one of my favorites so far. The cars are close and you have great view of the mountain range. It was taken just after sunset and I used a slow shutter speed to show motion.

Check back soon as I will be sharing more photos from inside Cars Land. I’m thinking of sharing some pictures highlighting some of the amazing (and fun) detail you’ll see throughout Radiator Springs

I'm very excited to see CarsLand this June. Though I think my husband and I are psychotic for going the opening weekend..we didn't even realize it until after we booked everything , lol. Good way to start the year though it seems. I love seeing everything come together !

Hey everyone,

Disney released another Carsland/Buena Vista Street Video! Pretty cool, shows a lot more behind the scenes shots and how the lands are coming together:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkv-00YXIwI

It looks like Disney is releasing something daily now, either pics or vids and sometimes both! We're starting to get spoiled now lol!!

Hey everyone,

Disney released another Carsland/Buena Vista Street Video! Pretty cool, shows a lot more behind the scenes shots and how the lands are coming together:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkv-00YXIwI

It looks like Disney is releasing something daily now, either pics or vids and sometimes both! We're starting to get spoiled now lol!!

I agree. There is TONS of stuff popping up all the time now. They have just over a month until its open. They are gonna want to get people totally hyped up about this. That video is very cool!!! It got me excited for sure, but what I found fascinating is it was easy to forget the process we had to endure and watch as it was being built. I remember seeing clips of all this construction, but forgot some of the stages it went through to get it to look like how it does now. I am totally AMAZED and THANKFUL the wait is just about over!

Unbelievable. If WDW doesn't add this the Hollywood Studios, more and more folks will be heading west (where less customers are on-site and financially "captive"). Cars Land is the single reason why my family is doing just that.

What a great video ! I was cheering watching and my husband just looks at me , lol. Then he saw it and got into it as well. This has me super excited..6 more weeks until we are there in person. I'm really thankful the wait is almost over and am more than ready to wait in line :)

Old news is no news.

This post from last week shows pictures from a media event in WDW. It includes pictures of a BVS model which from looking at it was probably the one shown at D23 Expo last August in Anaheim.

If you look through the pictures to avoid confusion remember two things.
A. There are pictures of the WDW's MK Fantasyland expansion mixed in, this has nothing to do with DLR.
B. The pictures of the BVS model are not of a model of the final product. A number of things seen in this old model have been changed and won't appear or will be different in the final product.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...y-california-adventure-park-models-in-detail/

Unbelievable. If WDW doesn't add this the Hollywood Studios, more and more folks will be heading west (where less customers are on-site and financially "captive"). Cars Land is the single reason why my family is doing just that.

haha have you been to wdw???? I think its safe to say that will never happen...I totally realize that RSR is NOT like test track but it is VERY similar..Im not saying the whole entire experience is the same because obviously its not the same decor or story or anything but once you take off in that car???? Im positive it will be the same....:goodvibes

Storytellers Art Collection to debut on BVS in Elias and Company

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...to-debut-in-disney-california-adventure-park/

New Storytellers Collection to Debut in Disney California Adventure Park

With just a little over five weeks to go before Buena Vista Street opens at Disney California Adventure park, here’s your first look at the art for one of the key programs, appropriately titled “Storytellers” and set to debut inside Elias & Co. While I could spend all day telling you why I’m a fan of this piece, I thought I’d turn it over to artist Noah and Product Developer Lisa Bergman, who were able to give me a bird’s-eye view on what inspired them to create this piece and on the magic that lives on in all of us.

“The main objective was to take the gorgeous ‘Storytellers’ statue that exists in the park and create a life-like scene,” says Noah. “I wanted this piece to have the 1920s sepia-tone feel that can be seen in old vintage photographs. When I painted it, I listened to Big Band music and imagined the sights, sounds, smells and even the weather, and tried to engulf my creativity in that same style. I tried to put myself in Walt Disney’s shoes or follow in his footsteps, as some would say. How excited he must have been on the trip out here, the challenges and dreams he wanted to overcome and achieve. I thought about the luggage he carried, how he lettered his name, and his identity. Walt Disney took the gift of creativity, believed in himself and leveraged it to impact the world with the idea of families coming together to enjoy life. He used stories as the vehicle and gave the child in each of us permission to play and use our imagination.” Noah went on to say, “Every day in some small way, we are a part of Walt’s dream, whether walking through the park, watching amazing movies or television, or just spending time together. It all started with a young cartoonist landing in Los Angeles, his friend Mickey Mouse in his heart, a trunk full of dreams and ambitions, and most importantly, a lifetime of stories to tell.”

There’s so much that went into this, explains Product Developer Lisa Bergman. Its influence came from Disney Archives ephemera, which included a rough sketch of the Hyperion Studios by Ward Kimball, archival photographs of the Hyperion Studios neon sign, Walt’s business card, and pre-1937 animated featurette posters. Representative of the Disney heritage, you will find the iconic “Storytellers” artwork on an array of sepia-tone items, including sublimated t-shirts, fleece sweatshirts, a supple leather jacket, limited edition art, collectibles and more.

Debuting alongside the “Storytellers” collection is a figural piece created by sculptor Rick Terry, whose 3D art you will find as the centerpiece of Buena Vista Street. Product Developer Lisa Bergman has given us the first look at this new sculpture, replicated from the original design. Take a peek!

For details on this new collection, special events and appearances by the artists, visit www.ArtofDisneyParks.com.

There’s only one word for me that describes this. Magic!

posted on May 4th, 2012 by Erin Glover, Manager, Social Media and Print

Carthay Circle Theatre, the iconic focal point of the new Buena Vista Street area coming to Disney California Adventure park on June 15, continues to take shape – and today we’re excited to bring you a look inside the exclusive, private 1901, which will be located inside.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/05/a-look-inside-the-exclusive-1901-in-carthay-circle-theatre-at-disney-california-adventure-park/

I have tried to review previous posts to make sure I understand, but to clarify, how many restaurants will be in the theater? I know there is an ice cream shop, a Starbucks, and a counter service, but will there be a sit down for general guests in addition to 1901? :confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter