Cars Land and Buena Vista St. in DCA open on June 15th - new info added 5-10-12

I have tried to review previous posts to make sure I understand, but to clarify, how many restaurants will be in the theater? I know there is an ice cream shop, a Starbucks, and a counter service, but will there be a sit down for general guests in addition to 1901? :confused:

the Carthey Circle theatre will have 1 restaurant/lounge (carthay circle Restaurant) open to everybody, plus it also has the 1901 lounge which is only open to special club members.

the starbucks, ice cream shop and counter service is across the street on carthay circle, a part of buena vista street. these shops are in the area that use to be where the train themed building was.

Thanks...I knew all of this information save the distinction between the exclusive restaurant versus the open table service. Thanks for clarifying. :goodvibes

What are the crowd predictions for after June 15th? Crazy?

What are the crowd predictions for after June 15th? Crazy?

I guess it depends when exactly you mean when you say after the 15th. Disney California Adventure Park is expected to have double digit growths in attendance. Line in Cars Land will probably be long for most if not all of Summer. Disneyland Park will probably only have a small change in attendance.

Yeah I was being pretty vague wasn't I? :laughing:

We have the chance to go for a couple of days in probably July or August, but I'm worried that it will be too busy compared to what we're used to - we usually go in early March or May.

We have the chance to go for a couple of days in probably July or August, but I'm worried that it will be too busy compared to what we're used to - we usually go in early March or May.

It will be busier. If you can avoid going on these days in order of best to avoid....Saturday, Sunday, Friday. The weekdays will feel a little worse than weekend days in March and May. Just remember that DCA will feel much different in any case.

Park hours for the 15th are up and it has DCA opening at 10. We'll see tomorrow what the hours are for the 16th. :confused3

Park hours for the 15th are up and it has DCA opening at 10. We'll see tomorrow what the hours are for the 16th. :confused3

The 15th went up a couple days ago on the entertainment schedule but then the next time I looked it sent me back to may, and then those later days dissapeared. On the park hours schedule I saw the same hours yesterday, it was strange they dissapeared from one place and not the other. There is a planned private opening ceremony which is probably why it has a late opening.

After the 15th I would expect DCA hours to go to 8am to 11pm as Disney has these expected hours posted on thier site for months.

The Carthay is nearing completion. All the scaffolding is gone and the marquee looks ready to go.

IMG_0247.jpg

http://www.disneygeek.com/updates/disneyland_update.php?page_id=5&update_dir=2012_05_05

The Soarin' sign has been replaced/fixed.

IMG_0231.jpg

IMG_1213.jpg

No visible changes to the Taste Pilots sign

IMG_0236.jpg

Photos by "DisneyGeek" (Saturday, May 5)

http://www.disneygeek.com/updates/disneyland_update.php?page_id=4&update_dir=2012_05_05

:earsboy:

Inside Ramone's House of Body Art with Chip Foose

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...t-at-cars-land-with-auto-designer-chip-foose/

In the “Cars” movies, Ramone’s House of Body Art is home to a great car artist – the one and only Ramone. So when it came to providing inspiration and styling inside Ramone’s shops at Cars Land in Disney California Adventure park, we turned to the best in the business – Chip Foose.

Chip was the perfect choice in many ways. Chip not only styled Ramone’s various paint schemes for the “Cars” movies, but as owner of Foose Design in Huntington Beach, Calif., he’s world renowned for his designs of customized cars, paint and wheels. Every time we’ve needed an expert to help us out with car colors, wheel designs and other specialized designs, we’ve turned to Chip. He’s spent so much time with us that we consider him an honorary Cars Land team member!

Our guests will be able to experience Ramone’s House of Body Art in two places inside the land – downtown Radiator Springs where it’s a merchandise shop, and inside Radiator Springs Racers where we go to get our paint job freshened up as we head for the big race. Chip and his talented team of pinstripers – Dennis Ricklefs, Brad King and Jeff Styles – have been on site with us recently, adding the finishing touches to both of these locations. It has been so much fun to watch them transform the spaces into something Ramone would be truly proud of. Take a look at this video and you’ll see what I’m talking about.

Of course, we want our guests to feel that it was really Ramone who added all these special touches to our land. Now you know it was really my good friend Chip Foose who was behind it all!

Okay, so I have to ask what changed on the Soarin sign?

It used to have a delta shaped jet. The piece in the middle broke during a wind storm and they removed it. The new sign has a hang glider on it, like we ride in the attraction.

"Top Secret" Cars Land Commercial

i posted this in the OP yesterday and waited for Modern Family to air so people could be surprised during the shows commercial break. Then this morning the made the you tube video private. Last today they made a post about it on the Disney Park Blog.

Check out the neon and little peak inside RSR.
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ars-land-at-disney-california-adventure-park/

Not really an update, but Cars Land in the background is looking very nice. :thumbsup2

sgr908573SMALL.jpg

"Internet sensations Sophia Grace and Rosie were at Disney California Adventure park yesterday taping a
segment for “The Ellen Degeneres Show.”

Inside Cars Land, the two adorable cousins waved the chequered flag at Radiator Springs Racers, floated on
Luigi’s Flying Tires and visited the Cozy Cone Motel. There’s even a surprise appearance from one of Radiator
Springs’ most famous residents!

The segment is set to air on Tuesday, May 22, so be sure to tune-up, er, I mean, tune-in!"

- Disney Parks Blog (May 18)

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ars-land-at-disney-california-adventure-park/

:earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter