Cars Land and Buena Vista St. in DCA open on June 15th - new info added 5-10-12

wheee... sounds like fun -_-...
actually RSR really seems like a lot of fun, and would probably have the most wait times..
I really hope there are soft openings.

So does anyone know for sure if there will be any kind of sprinkler water area like in bugs life? There used to be a pretty fun one before...

I am guessing no. Last summer when we were there the bugs life one was turned off. ...

I don't know why it was off when you went, but it is still there. It was on in May and December (it was beautiful Christmas week and kids played in it, not my kids, but some kids) when we were there last year.

Quick update:

Talked to a friend of mine who is working on the CCT and they are a tiny bit behind schedule, but she assures me it's only a few days and that barring a catastrophe, they should be fine to open BVS on time (there were rumors floating around that it wouldn't be ready for June 15). They are currently setting up all the furniture and showed me pictures of pieces in both the restaurant and the exclusive lounge, and they are really gorgeous pieces! Very fitting with the 1920s mission style theme and the restaurant is just sumptuous looking. The exclusive lounge is actually in the shape of a mickey head and the two "ear sections" are two smaller, private areas for VIPs.

We just touched on Carsland briefly, as that is not her project, but she has friends working on it that gave her a quick tour. She showed me a few pictures of the entrance area (not sure which, but I think from the Wharf) that were just amazing. The details are intricate and looks just like you are cruising down a one lane road into this amazing landscape. There are guardrails and other road details similar to the GRR area, but it doesn't feel like a copycat.

Overall they are busy busy busy and really pushing hard to make sure they are on time. All involved are really happy with the way things are coming out and they can't wait for June.

Sorry to ask but can someone tell me what CCT is? :confused3

speaking of CCT, does anybody know if they will pump the music from DL fireworks over there so we can hear them while watching them?

speaking of CCT, does anybody know if they will pump the music from DL fireworks over there so we can hear them while watching them?

No idea. But a better question is will the balconies only be for Club 33 members? There are mixed rumors about this.

I don't know why it was off when you went, but it is still there. It was on in May and December (it was beautiful Christmas week and kids played in it, not my kids, but some kids) when we were there last year.
Are you sure it's still there? There used to be two, one was right next to the rides (I guess there were two there, one by Flicks Flyers and one by the bumper cars). They were working when we went last September. But the other one was closer to the entrance of Bugs Land and was bigger. That one seemed to be missing when we went. I don't think it's there anymore.

Cars land is looking AMAZING!! It's fantastic to finally see the waterfall, i love the perspective on that pic. I wonder if the RSR vehicle will travel over that bridge or is it just scenery.

Cars land is looking AMAZING!! It's fantastic to finally see the waterfall, i love the perspective on that pic. I wonder if the RSR vehicle will travel over that bridge or is it just scenery.

I think it will just be scenery. If you look at the bridge on the models, its actually VERY tiny actually!

But yeah agreed, CL is just looking AMAZING!! People will be gawking about this land for years to come! Mysterious Island in TDS is by far the most detailed and immersed land ever built. The rock work in that land has 360 degree views! Its amazing to see it in person!

Just based on the pics here and all we seen, I really do think CL will be the second most immersed area in a Disney theme park. It looks that good!

DCA has come a loooong way from the ugly stucco, cheap facades and bare concrete everywhere!

I wonder if the RSR vehicle will travel over that bridge or is it just scenery.

Just scenery.

There used to be two, one was right next to the rides (I guess there were two there, one by Flicks Flyers and one by the bumper cars). They were working when we went last September. But the other one was closer to the entrance of Bugs Land and was bigger. That one seemed to be missing when we went. I don't think it's there anymore.

Princess Dot's Puddle Park is the first area you are thinking of and is still there. The second area with the pipes called Irrigation Station in front of the Bountiful Farm, retail/dining area is gone. Mater's Junkyard Jamboree was built in that second location.

If unfamiliar with Yesterland, this article talks about what was in the area.
http://www.yesterland.com/bountiful.html

here are some new pics of cars land
I really LOVE the pic of the waterfall in radiator springs racers

http://www.*******************.com/?p=8195

here are some new pics of cars land
I really LOVE the pic of the waterfall in radiator springs racers

http://www.*******************.com/?p=8195

Cars Land Through a Photographer's Lense.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ers-lens-at-disney-california-adventure-park/

In the RSR entrance it has a Single Rider entrance on the far left.

PS. If you are not aware there were many camera crews in CL in the last few days. I imagine tv commercials should pop up soon.

And here is a post about the original source of the pictures.

And here is a post about the original source of the pictures.

Woah, single rider!!!! :banana:

I kept looking at the picture and couldnt see what you were talking about. Finally I blew it up and WOW!! Thats some good eyes lol and music to my ears! :)

Especially when its just me and my mother and she doesnt ride those types of rides, I usually just do FP or SR if its available or skip it the times I do take her and the thrill rides have neither of those options. Now I will two for RSR!

Woah, single rider!!!! :banana:

I kept looking at the picture and couldnt see what you were talking about. Finally I blew it up and WOW!! Thats some good eyes lol and music to my ears! :)

Especially when its just me and my mother and she doesnt ride those types of rides, I usually just do FP or SR if its available or skip it the times I do take her and the thrill rides have neither of those options. Now I will two for RSR!

I had to expand it too, when I saw that thing hanging off the side. Then I looked at it and was surprised, since there hadn't been talk of a SR line. One thing scares me about it, it has a spot in the sign for that line's wait time. I've used SR lines a lot and found it to be wonderful, although not when it ever warranted its own wait time notice. This may be a mix of good and bad, but still probably better than stand by.

Trolley Treats in Disney California Adventure Park
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/04/so-good-you-could-eat-it-rock-candy-mountain-at-trolley-treats-in-disney-california-adventure-park/
posted on April 26th, 2012 by Michelle Harker, Merchandise Marketing & Communications Project Manager, Disneyland Resort

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trolley Treats is heading down the track and into your hearts on June 15 at Disney California Adventure park. So what will you find when you look inside? Well…in the window of Trolley Treats (the new confectionery store on Buena Vista Street) will be a model of Rock Candy Mountain.
rcm419536SMALL.jpg

For those of you who may not know, Rock Candy Mountain was originally envisioned for Disneyland park as part of the Storybook Land Canal Boats. The Casey Jr. Circus Train would have traveled around it. It was Imagineer and Disney Legend Claude Coats who worked on concept art for the mountain back in 1957, and while the project was never built, the idea will live on in the whimsical model that guests can enjoy in the front window of the candy shop. Climb aboard, because this journey will take you across the Rio Fudge, through Taffy Valley and over Dew Drop Hills to Rock Candy Mountain.
rcm238095SMALL.jpg

So, come one, come all! Pound for pound, this unique shop will offer temptations for anyone with a sweet tooth. Selections from our candy makers will range from gourmet marshmallows and hand-pulled taffy to caramel apples, dipped strawberries, toffee, fudge and other seasonal favorites.

Crave something more? Watch our Candy Makers amaze and delight you as they bring the magic of gourmet Disney candy-making to life, right before your very eyes.

If you’re wondering what’s next door…well, I’m glad you asked. A few additional shops will line Buena Vista Street, including Kingswell Camera Shop (sure to ‘capture’ special memories) and Julius Katz & Sons (gadgets and decor galore), as well as Atwater Ink and Paint (you’ll feel right at home).

Trolley Treats will be one sweet stop and one sweet shop! Are you tempted to try it?

I had to expand it too, when I saw that thing hanging off the side. Then I looked at it and was surprised, since there hadn't been talk of a SR line. One thing scares me about it, it has a spot in the sign for that line's wait time. I've used SR lines a lot and found it to be wonderful, although not when it ever warranted its own wait time notice. This may be a mix of good and bad, but still probably better than stand by.

YEah agree, I never seen a SR line with a wait time board before and I done SR in every park worldwide. I'm guessing its for people who just assume SR will be a walk on but find out that you STILL have to wait (sometimes when I do Soarin SR for example, I ended up waiting 20 mins at times). This will give them a better idea I guess although FP still doesnt have a wait time, so it is odd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter