Cases rising or dropping by you?

Glad to say that Illinois is doing fairly well, especially downstate. (However, if the "it's a hoax" folks win out, we'll join the Florida ranks soon enough.)

I’m in Illinois too, so pleased that our states numbers are dropping, but like you, getting very concerned by how many I see on Facebook complaining about our freedom being taken away, by wearing masks. Have also been concerned to see how many of them seem to be vacationing in the hot spot states right now. I want to say “people, our numbers are low and our weather (for once!) has been beautiful, could we just hold onto that a little longer?”

My county is seeing record numbers - thank you to the people that just had to get together over Independence Day. But not only that the state (California) is doing so badly that the whole state going backwards in reopening. The really bad counties (which we are expected to be by the end of next week) are back to phase 2 openings - gyms, salons, bars/pubs, nonessential offices all closed. Restaurants are outdoor dining only. No indoor worship services (outside still okay). For the most part none of the closures will directly effect me personally but I do feel bad for the business owners that are having to close again. I really feel they should have never been allowed to reopen in the first place but to have them spend the time & money to install the necessary safety protocols to only have to close again is rough. I am sure some won't reopen again (aka close permanently).

Last edited:
New cases down by half in one day. EVERYONE BACK TO THE BARS!!!! Masks Off. Chew out Costco for not letting you in. The bars lost their lawsuit against the state, the governor, the health commission, the alcohol control board, and everyone else breathing. But who cares? They'll just pack the place and pay the fine out of the extra money.

Florida added almost 9,200 today and 132 people died.

But when I was at Walmart tonight, I saw cars in the parking lot were from Wisconsin, New York, Virginia, Georgia, Texas, both Carolinas, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. That was just walking down the row where I parked.

I don't understand why anyone would come here voluntarily. :confused:

Happy to say CT is doing well. I’m concerned about the CT anti-mask folks and those traveling to hotspots because they feel they “deserve” a vacation. Here’s hoping they do as asked and quarantine themselves upon return.

We have visitors because it’s a tourist area. Visitors have more cases than residents, and the numbers for residents stay small, visitors rising.

We were doing pretty well for awhile. Our numbers were steadily trending downward through mid-June, and then summer happened and a combination of people deciding to go on vacation to states with rising cases and fewer restrictions than we have here coming back sick coupled with our own tourist areas opening up more, and possibly indoor dining now being allowed, has cases back on the rise in my state. My locality isn’t rising fortunately, but we’re still not in as good of a position as we were in mid-June. We’re better than we were in May, but not quite as good as June.

We've been holding pretty steady with lower numbers of new cases and deaths. Yesterday the state had 23 new cases and 1 death. I live in a rural area and we have no active cases in my town and haven't had any for months.

They’re flattening at about 3-4K a day. That’s still enough to overwhelm our healthcare. We’re not ready for this. I’m definitely getting a flu shot this year.

I know this is doom and gloom and you're sick of looking at it, but another 10,000+ cases today. Florida is an absolute mess.

I’m in Illinois too, so pleased that our states numbers are dropping, but like you, getting very concerned by how many I see on Facebook complaining about our freedom being taken away, by wearing masks.
My comeback for this is: Is your freedom being taken away by wearing clothes? We don't see people walking down the street naked. They're forced to cover-up. The mask is no different.

BTW - I think Illinois is doing a great job. My sister is in Chicago. She's been told she'll continue to work from home until at least July 31st. Better to be safe than sick.

My comeback for this is: Is your freedom being taken away by wearing clothes? We don't see people walking down the street naked. They're forced to cover-up. The mask is no different.

BTW - I think Illinois is doing a great job. My sister is in Chicago. She's been told she'll continue to work from home until at least July 31st. Better to be safe than sick.

I totally agree. And I’m so relieved that my husband’s work has allowed them to work from home too. I can see how much time and effort he puts in at home, he’s probably even more productive here because of fewer in-person interruptions by coworkers, so I hope they will continue to let them do so

We were doing pretty well for awhile. Our numbers were steadily trending downward through mid-June, and then summer happened and a combination of people deciding to go on vacation to states with rising cases and fewer restrictions than we have here coming back sick coupled with our own tourist areas opening up more, and possibly indoor dining now being allowed, has cases back on the rise in my state. My locality isn’t rising fortunately, but we’re still not in as good of a position as we were in mid-June. We’re better than we were in May, but not quite as good as June.
Sounds a lot like Wisconsin. Our percent positive got down to 2% for a little bit, with decreasing cases, but since about mid-June they’ve started rising again. 4 daily records in the last week. :guilty: Hospitalizations aren’t as high as they were in May, but they’re also going up.

The numbers flat out don't look good today.
17 states over 1,000 A record.
Texas, Florida, California, Arizona, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, South Carolina, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Illinois, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Louisiana, Ohio, Virginia, and Tennessee.
New York was just 8 shy of being #18.
7 states over 2,000. A record.

70,000 new cases and 924 deaths with some data still to come in.

From down thread
We'll get to 100 thousand a day soon.
I am hoping that we don't. Maybe just a fool's hope.

Last edited:
The numbers flat out don't look good today.
17 states over 1,000 A record.
Texas, Florida, California, Arizona, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, South Carolina, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Illinois, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Louisiana, Ohio, Virginia, and Tennessee.
New York was just 8 shy of being #18.
7 states over 2,000. A record.

70,000 new cases and 924 deaths with some data still to come in.

We'll get to 100 thousand a day soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter