Cass, Rob & Kira - Disneyland June 2023 - "Our lights! Our watches! Our bands!"

Loving your trip reports. Love all the photos, they are making me so excited and hopeful for my trip in September! Kira is so cute in all the photos.

June 25th, Part 3

Next up was a nice refreshing Dole Whip, this time without the bird poop. :rolleyes:

298.jpg

Some more shopping was next on our agenda and Kira finally spent some of her money. She bought a Mandalorean purse in Star Trader and we bought Luna a new Mando collar. We wanted to also buy the matching leash but we couldn't find her size.

299.jpg

We were done and needed some rest so we decided to hop on the monorail and save our tootsies!

300.jpg

301.jpg

The seats are sideways in this one, it's way smaller and the windows are almost always open! So different compared to the WDW one.

302.jpg

There's tons of construction going on at Downtown Disney.

304.jpg

I went back to our room but Kira wanted to look at the shops so her and Rob carried on without me. He sent me a pic of the new updated Disneyland sign. Love this one too! The one I got on our last trip here, as a Mother's Day gift is hanging over our bed and I love it. This one is cuter but we don't have room for two signs. Maybe I should have bought it and hung it in my office? :scratchin

308.jpg

They found the proper size Mandalorian leash for Luna and then they finished up their DD time with another stop at Beignet Express. :rotfl:

310.jpg

I can only eat one of these delicious creations but man, are they ever good! :love:

311.jpg

We rested for a few hours and then headed down to Craftsman Grill for dinner. Kira got the kids chicken strips...

312.jpg

Rob and I split the burger and the chicken nachos.

313.jpg

These nachos were something I used to dream about! They were sooooo good! I would literally plan a trip just for those nachos so I was super disappointed in this new version. The chicken they used tasted like day-old rotisserie chicken from Safeway, it was dry and not fresh and there was hardly any on there. The chips also tasted a little old and there was hardly any cheese and the guacamole was just okay.

The burger was way better than the nachos and I was wishing that we had just ordered two burgers. :sad1:

314.jpg

Oh well, it filled us up and gave us the energy to head back to the park to spend our evening having some more fun together.

We took the monorail back into Tomorrowland.

315.jpg

We rode Matterhorn again and then we watched a dance party for a little bit.

317.jpg

And then we headed to Space Mountain. While waiting in line, Kira spontaneously hugged me and Rob tried to capture this lovely moment but Kira wasn't happy about it. She just wanted to hug her mum and not have it documented. She's not as keen on Rob taking pics as she is with me. :rolleyes::rotfl2:

318.jpg

space2.jpg

Next up was a spin on Buzz Lightyear's Astroblasters. This is a much better ride here just because you can take the gun off of the ride vehicle so it's easier to shoot. I told Rob and Kira all of the best targets and we ended up in three separate vehicles since it was basically a walk-on and easier to hit the targets when someone else isn't moving your vehicle. We ended up stopping right at one of the secret little targets and Rob hit it until he got the max score. This was in the very first room! Kira thought he broke it. :rotfl2:

319.jpg

We rode Star Tours and then crossed over the hub to the other side of the park. It was just over an hour until fireworks and the hub was crazy busy!

320.jpg

The castle sure looked pretty!

321.jpg

When we got to Big Thunder, I pointed to Rancho Del Zocalo and told Kira that this is where Doritos were invented. She just laughed at me and said "Yeah, Okay!" :rolleyes2

I told her I was serious but she didn't believe me. I share lots of trivia and fun facts with her when we are at the parks and she's never not believed me so this was funny! She thought it was too far-fetched to be true so I told her the story of how they were invented and she said "Well, that sounds too detailed to not be true". :laughing:

I told her to Google it if she didn't believe me. :rolleyes:

She was losing her spunk and sat down at every little chance. If there is a place to sit, she will find it and if she can't find it, she will just sit on the floor. :teeth:

322.jpg

I was feeling a little off and Kira was tired so we headed over to Golden Horseshoe to get some water and sit for a few minutes. I went to the bathroom and then came back to this. :rolleyes1:laughing:

Not sure how a water break turned into a cookie ice cream sundae but hey, it is what it is. :rotfl2:

323.jpg

We were talking about going on Haunted Mansion but we were just pooped and debated on leaving the park. Rob really wanted to stay to watch the fireworks and Kira and I did too, we just didn't want to deal with those massive hub/Main Street crowds again! :crowded:

I mentioned that we could head over to watch them from IASW, since they show the projections on the ride façade, although it wasn't the best spot for the fireworks, it would be less crowded than the hub area. We all agreed and headed over to find a decent spot with 15 minutes to go.

324.jpg

325.jpg

326.jpg

327.jpg

It wasn't the best spot but it was good enough for us! :thumbsup2

Kira had mentioned in WDW that she wanted to ride the Speedway and we never got the chance because it was so hot and sunny. I suggested we head over to Autopia and ride it if it wasn't too long.

Kira and I would ride in one, with her driving and Rob would be right behind us.

328.jpg

This was such a hilarious ride! Kira has only just started to drive at home in the past couple of weeks. Her anxiety is a huge deterrent for her driving a vehicle so the leaning experience has been a little delayed.

She was afraid to step on the peddle here, she would give it some gas and then come to a complete stop. :rotfl2:

Finally, I told her to just step on the peddle all the way and don't let up. She said "You do it!" so I put my foot down (literally!) so she had no choice and we finally got some pep and off we went. Her steering job was hilarious, she was too afraid to just give it her all and go, I was laughing and she was laughing at me laughing at her, it was hilarious! Rob must have had quite the fun time watching us start and stop and go all over the place! She kept steering all the way left and then all the way right. :rotfl:

330.jpg

329.jpg

When we got off the ride and we were all together again, I said "Maybe she's not ready to drive yet." :lmao:

332.jpg

We decided to end our night with one more round on Space Mountain. Rob told us to stop here so he could take a pic, I don't know what we were laughing at, I can't recall? :rotfl2:

333.jpg

Sadly, Space was closed so we decided to just head back to the hotel now. We were all tired and since we were right there anyway, we took the monorail back to DD and then took the very short walk back to our hotel.

334.jpg

335.jpg

336.jpg

Kira was so done with pics at this point and when Rob tried to take a pic of us on the monorail, she pulled this face. Her and I were joking around saying when she makes this face, then it's probably not a good idea to take a photo. :rolleyes1

337.jpg

I told her that I was done with the whole photo thing too and asked her if I should also make a face like she does and she said yes! So I did. :laughing::rotfl2:

338.jpg

Another fun evening at the parks. We have one more to go, stay tuned for more adventures tomorrow. :thumbsup2

Yeah! Another Cass, Rob & Kira TR! I’ve just read the intro post so far, but I’m eager to read the rest!

I came to the DL boards today because I just found out that I’m tagging along on a work trip of DH’s to Anaheim … and I was super excited to see you have a new TR going!

Ugh! So sorry about Kira’s NYC trip. :(

I live in Michigan and have never experienced wildfire smoke in my 50+ years … but, man, we got it a couple weeks ago. I definitely did not have smoke from Canadian wildfires on my bingo card for 2023! My daughters were worried about their Taylor Swift concert in Detroit getting cancelled … it was indoors, so I wasn’t super worried, but apparently social media was abuzz with rumors of cancellation (which fortunately didn’t happen).

Looking forward to following along!

June 26th, Part 1

Once again we didn't make rope drop, surprise, surprise. :laughing:

We left our room around 10am and we saw them filming something one floor below us. The director was yelling instructions from two floors up. I wonder what they were filming? :scratchin:confused3

340.jpg

I got through the gates pretty fast but Rob and Kira got stuck behind a big group and someone was having issues with their tickets so it took them awhile to get into the park. Busy day. :scared:

342.jpg

We spotted Nick and Judy so we hopped on over for a quick pic. They were behind ropes so you couldn't get close to them. Wonder why? :confused:

343.jpg

We did two spins on Incredicoaster, no photo evidence other than the ride photos. Told you I was slipping. :rolleyes:

I guess since I missed the last "tongue" photo, I gave it my all this time. :laughing:

inc5.jpg

Kira said she was "counting all of the Jack Jacks". :lmao:

inc6.jpg

Next up was Pixar Pal-a-round and Kira agreed to do a swinging gondola, yay! :hyper:

We ended up sharing a gondola with a lovely couple who, hadn't visited the parks in well over a decade and had only today to visit so we gave them a few tips and suggestions on what to ride and what to skip.

Kira was a little nervous when we really started swinging but she held onto her emotional Grogu and everything was just fine. :laughing:

345.jpg

Sure get some nice views from up here!

346.jpg

347.jpg

Next up, we dropped by Tivan's warehouse. :figment:

See what I did there? :rolleyes:

348.jpg

I couldn't find my video from the first day we rode this and so I ended up recording it again. I realized as I was typing up that chapter last week that my phone was acting up that day and I had recorded it on Rob's phone. :rolleyes2

Look at Kira go! No hands!!! :woohoo::worship:

tot4.jpg

349.jpg

We hadn't even stepped foot over here on the Hollywood Backlot so we headed over to ride Mike & Sulley's.

350.jpg

It was a very busy day, way busier than both Saturday and Sunday! Even with the lightning lane, I want to say we waited 20-25 minutes for this! Which is crazy!! Avoid Mondays if you can, they are notoriously busy here! :crazy2:

351.jpg

Most kids probably don't even know what this contraption is. :p

352.jpg

Roz interacted with us at the end, best part of the ride. :rolleyes1::yes::

353.jpg

354.jpg

And back to Avengers Campus we went! We spent a lot of time here, more than any other land, by far! :goodvibes

We watched the Dora Milaje for a few minutes as they ended their show.

355.jpg

We were off to Webslingers one last time. :charac4:

356.jpg

So many cute Easter eggs and details!

357.jpg

The WD-40 look alike can named WDI-1401 is a nod to Walt Disney Imagineering and their address of 1401 Flower St in Glendale. :earboy2:

358.jpg

359.jpg

There's definitely a strategy you can use when slinging your webs if you want to sharpen your skills or you can just do a chopping action in the air like we do. :lmao:

360.jpg

361.jpg

So, during our last round on Webslingers, I had noticed something as we were exiting the long uphill corridor where your scores are all posted. I wasn't sure if I saw what I thought I saw so I wanted to double check. I told Rob and Kira to stay to the side or just head out and I would meet them there while I waited to get this video evidence. :teeth:

They stayed with me and we waited a few minutes and...nothing. Kira asked me what I was waiting for but I didn't want to say it until I was 100% sure my eyes weren't deceiving me. :p

Kira was getting impatient so I finally told them what I thought I had seen the other day. And it sounds weird because they don't actually have fingers but I swear I saw a spiderbot flipping us the bird. :rolleyes1:rotfl:

As we watched many spiderbots appear and then wave to us and then leave, Kira asked me if I was sure it wasn't just them waving. Nope, they were all waving and this was definitely not a wave. :rolleyes2

It took awhile but I finally captured it on video.

You be the judge...is this eight-legged robotic spider giving us the finger or what?? :rolleyes1:rotfl2::rotfl:

Despite not having explored the Ancient Sanctum yet, I knew there was a photo op that I wanted to get so we headed over there and while Kira was a little reluctant at first, as always, she was a trooper and posed for her mum. :joker:

362.jpg

363.jpg

Rob was even more reluctant but eventually he posed for me too. :rotfl:

364.jpg

We were hungry so we headed over to Pym's again. I was craving those delicious tots and cheese and the ridiculously large chicken sammy. ::yes::

365.jpg

We got the chicken sandwich and we decided to also try the Pym-ini sandwich.

The chicken was not as good as the other day, it was kind of dry, both the chicken and the teeny tiny little bun. I tried the pym-ini but I really didn't care for it. The salad was actually quite delicious though.

366.jpg

Kira was craving chicken strips so once we were done our meal, we headed over to Smokejumpers and grabbed her some very delicious chicken strips with fries.

367.jpg

We knew that we wanted to do Grizzly River Run but we were saving it for just before our midday break so that if we got soaked, we would be back in our room in less than 5 minutes instead of walking around drenched for the rest of the day. :thumbsup2

It was a hot day, by far the hottest of the whole trip and like I mentioned, also the busiest! This took us about 30 minutes in the Lightning Lane. 😬

368.jpg

369.jpg

It was a lot of fun though and so worth it! Kira is so funny on these types of rides. She is very vocal about trying to avoid the water and she had everyone in our raft laughing. :rotfl:

370.jpg

And this was her happy-evil face when she realized that I was the one that was going to get soaked on this drop. Turns out though that we kept spinning and she was the one who ended up going down backwards. :rotfl:

371.jpg

However, overall, I ended up getting completely soaked on both my right upper half and my left lower half and they were hardly wet at all. 😆

You get some great views when you exit though! 😍

372.jpg

373.jpg

Time to head back to the hotel room! I can't tell you how AMAZING it is to be right there at your hotel, just steps away! :worship::cool1:

Not sure if we will ever get this opportunity again so we were taking full advantage of this perk and enjoying every second of it. :goodvibes:bounce:

Stay tuned for our final evening in the parks. :crowded:

haha the look on Kiras' face thinking you'd be getting the brunt of it.....teenagers man!!! :rotfl2:

Dessert before dinner!! That is one of the things my kids remember the most about our vacation... while on vacation, you can always have dessert first if you feel like it. Making great memories!

I also blurt out weird things sometimes... while in Alberta last month I was looking at the beautiful mountains around Moraine Lake and thought: oh how beautiful to see rocky mountains that have some trees here and there. I wanted to share that thought with my family and instead I said: isn`t it beautiful how in Alberta rocks grow on trees? 🤦‍♀️ You betcha the rest of my family had great joy pointing out the "rocks growing on trees" each and every day for the rest of the trip!

Exactly!! Dessert before dinner is something I would remember too! 😍

Hahahah, well it sounds like we are the same, Jen! I blurt out dumb stuff ALL THE TIME! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Nothing beats Carsland at night, so gorgeous!!! :love:

haha thanks for the background on the title, seems very fitting now ;-)

There really is nothing like it! So amazing! :worship:

At least I didn't leave you hanging until the end. :rolleyes::laughing:

It sounds good in theory......but it's not!

Carsland at night is just gorgeous. Those are some of my most favorite pics from when we went together all those years ago.

What an awesome photographer. Back in the day when Claire was little, we had a great one here and there that did some awesome shots...but now a days they just don't seem like they want to play a much. I love the phone ones of Kira. That's hilarious....and accurate!

It does sounds good...in theory. :p

I remember rope dropping it with you, they had that gas pump and hose for the rope! Ahhh memories. :teeth:

I love it when you get a good photographer, they can work their magic! pixiedust:

Those photo pass photos are great :love:

They did such a good job! :thumbsup2

Yes, your photo pass photos are so special! I caught myself smiling as I was looking at them. They are just fantastic! :thumbsup2

Awww! Thanks! :hug:

Disneyland DOES have the best character meets!! So many cool interactions you all had that day 🤩🤩😍😍

Loving your trip reports. Love all the photos, they are making me so excited and hopeful for my trip in September! Kira is so cute in all the photos.

I'm glad you're enjoying it! September is a great time to go! Have fun! :cool1:

Loving following along with this trip, looks like you are having an amazing time! Can't beat how close everything is at Disneyland compared to WDW :thumbsup2

Thanks for following along! :goodvibes

I really love it now, now that I'm older and a little more decrepit and don't want to walk 30k+ steps a day. :laughing:

Really great trip report, it would have to be because it looks like you all had an awesome trip! Thanks for taking the time to share :-)

Thanks for taking the time to read it! :goodvibes

Yeah! Another Cass, Rob & Kira TR! I’ve just read the intro post so far, but I’m eager to read the rest!

I came to the DL boards today because I just found out that I’m tagging along on a work trip of DH’s to Anaheim … and I was super excited to see you have a new TR going!

Ugh! So sorry about Kira’s NYC trip. :(

I live in Michigan and have never experienced wildfire smoke in my 50+ years … but, man, we got it a couple weeks ago. I definitely did not have smoke from Canadian wildfires on my bingo card for 2023! My daughters were worried about their Taylor Swift concert in Detroit getting cancelled … it was indoors, so I wasn’t super worried, but apparently social media was abuzz with rumors of cancellation (which fortunately didn’t happen).

Looking forward to following along!

Ohhh, tagging along on a work trip, yay!! How fun! :hyper:

The BC fires are still bad and we still have smoke here in Calgary. Seems like every other day it's a stay indoor kind of day. :scared:

Just wanted to pop in and tell you how much I've enjoyed reading your trip report! We're getting ready to head to CA for our first trip ever for our 25th (a year later instead of early, haha) and I am soaking up all the info I can!

This is such fun to read! I haven't been on these boards recently, but remember your great reports and your cute kiddo --can't believe she's a teen now!

Loving your adventures --looking forward to the rest!

June 26th. Part 2

I was cleaning up and packing during our break at the hotel so I thought I would share some of the information we were given at check-in with you, in case you're interested in them.

376.jpg

375.jpg

377.jpg

378.jpg

379.jpg

380.jpg

381.jpg

Talking about our afternoon break at the hotel made me realize that I forgot to mention that yesterday, while Rob and Kira were shopping at DD and I was in the room, I was playing around with all of the Disney Photopass lenses. Some of them were super cute! There's a lot more but here are some of the ones we played with yesterday. 🤣😂

My fave is the one with Timon! :love:

collage.jpg

We rested and then once I was about 80% packed, we headed back to Disneyland Park for a very quick last visit.

383.jpg

384.jpg

Here's the other tree that I love that flanks the right side of the park. 😍

385.jpg

They were performing the flag ceremony as we entered.

386.jpg

Which means that there weren't a million people standing in line to get a photo of Mickey, so I took advantage. :thumbsup2

387.jpg

Our only goal in this park was to eat really. Rob has wanted his Plaza chicken. ::yes::

388.jpg

389.jpg

I told Kira we could make another stop for her for anything she wanted but she chose to try the pasta here. To be honest, she didn't love it but she ate about half of it. In hindsight, I should have gotten her the kids meal.

390.jpg

Once Rob saw that there was salmon on the menu, he wanted to try that instead. He said it was good but he still enjoyed his Columbia Harbor House salmon in WDW more. :earboy2: Also, there was no soy sauce to be found anywhere. :confused3

391.jpg

He also got this lemon pie.

392.jpg

Grogu was eyeing Kira's leftover pasta. :magnify:

393.jpg

It was CRAZY busy! The lines were all 60+ minutes long and the Lightning Lane selections ran well past 8 or 9pm so we didn't ride anything. It's funny because you'd think a Monday night at the parks would be less crowded but it was WAY more crowded than Friday, Saturday and Sunday night! :crowded:

394.jpg

I was craving my ronto wrap so we headed over to Galaxy's Edge so I can enjoy my final one of the trip! Sadness! :sad:

These have a bit of a kick to them so I am shocked that I love them so much because I am a spice wimp. ::yes:::laughing:

When I was done eating my delicious dinner, it was time to check in for our flight. There were only a couple rows of three seats together but I spied that there were some Premium seats available for upgrading and they were only $120 each! That's a steal! I told Rob but I kept it as a surprise for Kira. :poop:

Westjet doesn't offer a First Class or Business Class seat like most other major airlines but the first 3 rows of all planes are "Premium" seats. Most are regular seats, with a few extra inches of leg room and the middle seat is blocked off with a tray-pillow on the seat. There are some newer planes that have just two bigger seats, more like the traditional business class seats. We have upgraded twice before to the regular Premium seats and enjoyed having a small amount of extra space.

With our seats and bags booked and paid for, we carried on.

395.jpg

Since this was our last visit, Rob and Kira wanted to take a quick peek inside all of the stores one last time so I grabbed pics of a couple more hidden mickeys while they shopped.

This one is in Dok Ondar's.

396.jpg

Here's a close up of it, it is tiny! :magnify:

There's another one on here too I think but I never found it.

397.jpg

This is is right above the First Order store, near Kylo's ship. It's hard to see at this angle but the cables are in the shape of Mickey. ;)

398.jpg

As we were about to head out of the park, the Magic Happens parade was just starting so we stayed to watch it in the shade. It was way better than we thought it would be and Kira had a blast waving at all of the characters. :wave2:

399.jpg

400.jpg

401.jpg

402.jpg

403.jpg

404.jpg

We really loved that they had some characters you hardly ever get to see around the parks.

405.jpg

406.jpg

407.jpg

It was really good and I am so glad we stayed to watch! :jumping1:

Stay tuned for our very short final evening inside of DCA.

I can't believe this one is almost done! :eek:

Last edited:
I am so enjoying your report! It is so fun and I feel like I am there with you! It also makes me long to be there...counting the days until December!

Your husband went to Plaza Inn and got......salmon? SALMON????? :oops: :sad: No no no.....return trip immediately......for fried chicken!!!!!:rotfl2:Thank god for your ronto wrap otherwise I'd have no food porn in this entry bwahahaha

June 26th, Part 3

We crossed on over to the other side...⚜️

408.jpg

Remember in the previous chapter I told you we rode Incredicoaster twice? Yeah, I lied. :o

We only rode it once that morning and this is when we rode it for the second time. Oops! :rotfl:

They had taken the scrim down on this area so we could see the signage a little better. :thumbsup2

409.jpg

We headed, once again, to Avengers Campus and decided to finish the night and our park time this trip with a final drop on Guardians. Remember how busy I said it was? Well, it was so busy that the Lightning Lane line was using the extended outside area! :earseek:

Well, I guess we get to see some new stuff! It was probably 20-30 minutes just to get into Tivan's office. :eek:

410.jpg

411.jpg

412.jpg

413.jpg

Kira was still brave enough to clutch Grogu instead of the handles and I was attempting to pull a straight face but you can still see a half-smile, this ride is just too much fun! :rotfl:

tot3.jpg

We were done for the night. It was way too crowded and I wanted some pool time tonight.

414.jpg

As we headed out, I had remembered that I wanted to visit this store but it's so out of the way and I forgot about it until now!

415.jpg

416.jpg

I was expecting the same stuff that I had been seeing for the past 4 days but I actually found quite a few new things in here! :thumbsup2

417.jpg

418.jpg

I ended up with an Avengers Campus hoodie and a magnet for our fridge and both Rob and Kira got something too.

When we left, I giggled at this sign. Today was June 26th...or 6/26, known in the Disney community as Stitch Day, since he is first known as Experiment 626, so I thought the sign was appropriate for today. :goodvibes:stitch:

419.jpg

We headed back to the hotel where I changed into my swimsuit and Kira snuggled her new Rocket.

420.jpg

Kira stayed in the room and chilled while Rob joined me poolside to read his book. It's really dark here so it was hard for him to read and I think he ended up catching up on his news while I swam.

There was a couple of very loud unsupervised siblings who were yelling/chatting with this one particular lifeguard. I don't mind loud kids having fun in the pool but these two went way beyond that and were yelling super loud at him, across from the other side of the pool as he tried to either get his steps in or get away from them, hard to tell. :rolleyes2

I was planning on spending the last two hours of the night swimming and hot tubbing but I could only handle one hour of the yelling. Rob was shocked that I wanted to leave but he understood.

421.jpg

Rob had wanted to go back to the park and watch World of Color again. Kira had zero interest and while I was somewhat game, by the time I was done with the pool, I was more in favour of some quite time. :scared:

I compromised and led Rob down to a spot that not many people know about. Over in the DVC wing of this hotel is a terrace that overlooks DCA and while it's not the best view, you can see and hear World of Color from there. We showed up maybe 10 minutes or less before it began and there were only about a dozen people there. Now this was more my speed. :lovestruc

They even had washrooms if you need them. :thumbsup2

422.jpg

423.jpg

We found a nice spot on the left and enjoyed the show. If only they got rid of the Golden Zephyr, this would be a great view! :duck:

424.jpg

425.jpg

426.jpg

427.jpg

428.jpg

While it wasn't as good as being down there in person, we got to snuggle and watch the show without being surrounded by a million strangers and we were back in our room in just a few minutes. Can't beat that! :goodvibes:thumbsup2

What a great way to end our day and park time. :cloud9:

Kira went to sleep as soon as we got back, she was exhausted.

I took this pic just as Rob and I were turning in for the night. I had looked over at her and for a quick second, she looked like she was 7 again, all snuggled in for the night after a long park day. :love: I have a very similar photo of her from that WDW trip back in 2015. It just melted my heart. My cup runneth over, indeed. 💖

429.jpg

Stay tuned tomorrow for one last treat and our journey home. :teeth:

Last edited:
Ok I have yet to find that spot in the Grand to watch WoC 🤨 D'oh! Awww Kira all tuckered, bless 😍

Loving it! I think we should plan a trip together!
World of color is just so beautiful. Did it cool down at all at night ? I haven't been to Cali in the summer, but I would assume it stays warm late.

June 27th, Part 1

Once we were all up and ready for the day, Rob and I headed down to Craftsman Grill for breakfast. I had debated about ordering room service but the prices were a little too insane for my liking. :scared:

They were a little more reasonable down here. :thumbsup2

434.jpg

When we were down there, I grabbed Kira a chocolate croissant. I told Rob that Kira had been going on and on about these croissants all week long and asked him if he wanted to split one to see what all the hype was about and he said sure. We would save it for a snack later in the day though. I don't do chocolate for breakfast. Heck I can barely even do breakfast before noon. :rolleyes2

I decided I would surprise Kira and buy her three extra croissants. I gave her one that morning and then when we got home that night, I put the other three in the freezer for her and for the following three days, I surprised her with a special treat each morning. She was ecstatic! :flower:

She was also super bummed when she ran out of them. :laughing:

436.jpg

Rob got the fruit plate....

435.jpg

And some oatmeal. He said both were delicious.

437.jpg

I got the American Breakfast and was pleasantly surprised when they asked me how I liked my eggs. I was expecting to get scrambled eggs like the menu listed but he said he could do any eggs I wanted so I got over-easy! :woohoo:

My breakfast was delicious and a great value for $14! ::yes::

I would have liked another piece of toast but I find that no matter where I go now, breakfast is now served with one piece of toast, rather than the two that I used to get. I feel like this is a post-Covid injustice that no one seems to be talking about and I think a little light needs to be shed on this issue. :rolleyes1

438.jpg

Once we had all eaten, I packed up the last of our stuff and we chilled in our room until someone knocked on our door. Actually, the housekeeper told us we could linger longer as she wasn't ready to clean the room yet either. This was fantastic for us because we had a 5:40pm flight out and were in no hurry! I ended up leaving her an extra big tip that morning. :love:

439.jpg

We finally got a knock on our door from someone I totally was not expecting! It was Buzz Lightyear! :hyper:

Buzz was on the job and he needed to do our room. This was the cutest Buzz Lightyear I have ever met! :cool1::lovestruc:dogdance:

I didn't even know that Disney used dogs to clear/clean the rooms! How cool is that! He was also very happy to receive some pets and Kira and I were more than willing to be on the giving end of those pets. :teeth:

440.jpg

Kira was in full-on sloth mode and didn't want to go anywhere, so we found a quiet area and a comfy chair for her to sit on and guard our luggage while Rob and I headed out.

442.jpg

You could probably guess where we were going. :rolleyes:

443.jpg

The sorcerer hat was getting some work done.

444.jpg

We headed over to the Disneyland Hotel and spied the new DVC tower.

445.jpg

And if you haven't guessed by now where we were going, you're probably new to my trippies. :lmao:

Can you spy Rob's new hat? I think it looks terrible. It looks like a huge splatter of blood. :rotfl2:It's actually Rocket, on GOTG M:B, starting things rockin'. :rolleyes2

446.jpg

Rob wanted one last Dole Whip before we left. ::yes::

Here's a closer view of the tower, coming along nicely I see!

447.jpg

We popped into the store because I was on a hunt to find a particular item.

448.jpg

I was looking for the little Mickey 100th figurine and I had only seen him in one store and that was World of Disney. I found lots of them but they were all marked up or broken. These are just cheap little figures but cute nonetheless and I wanted one for my desk. ::yes::

449.jpg

I couldn't find one that wasn't all scuffed so I guess we were going back to the World of Disney.

They covered that amazing map in the lobby with this photo op. I mean, it's cute but I miss the map!

450.jpg

451.jpg

We went back to the WoD and found my Mickey. There were probably about 40 of them there and they were all marked somehow so I chose the least marked one I could find. I also found my World of Color shirt in my size but sadly we couldn't find the hoodie that Rob liked. I also put the last of our USD cash onto my gift card. You know, for the next trip. :scratchin;)

By the time we got back to Kira, it was now time to leave and head down to grab an Uber.

452.jpg

This is the ride share pick-up area, where we waited for our sad trip back to SNA.

One more chapter to finish this sucker off tomorrow. :cool:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter