Channel Tunnel Fire

16 days for me i just can't wait. :woohoo: :woohoo:
I've had an absolute nightmare booking a holiday with Disney UK to WDW for next year. it's been stress stress stress all the way, i need to get away.!!!

Yes it still goes Ashford but it leaves London slightly later . I'm going from Ashford aswell!

I'm really excited abut going now!!! 7 days yay!

Glad that everything seems to be sorted out for you. An extra 45 minutes isn't that long really is it.

No, and you don't need to spend the next week worrying any more.

You can spend it getting excited instead! :dance3:

I spoke to customer services at eurostar yesterday and they said that we should cancel or exchange tickets for a later date, especially as we have 2 youngish children with us (3,6) and that people are having to wait upto the whole day to get on at train, and even then not always getting away on the same day.. she sounded like she was trying to be helpful rather than scaremongering, but I wondered what other people thought...the idea of starting a magical holiday with at least 3- 4 hours wait, when the whole point of going by eurostar was to avoid the waiting around at Heathrow on the apron/in the sky etc....Not sure what to do as we're due to leave on Sunday, and the tickets we've bought are completely inflexible except for this fire situation, in which case they will exchange them for any other time we want, no extra £....any ideas? Thanks!

Well when i rung them on Sunday the lady said the Disney train was running with just a slight delay and not to worry. I go on Monday with a 2 year old and i'm not worried about losing a hour in the park. I will be getting on the train like i planned.

Also like to add that she also said the trains mostly affected are the Paris and Brussell trains. If you look on the Eurostar website it has the revised time table and the Disney trains gets in at 13.15 instead of 12.30, so for a extra 45 mins i dont see the point of cancelling and exchanging my ticket.

Just read this on their website:

Due to the fire in the Channel Tunnel on 11th of September we are advising customers with non essential journeys up to 28th of September not to travel.

Please contact your point of sale to obtain a refund or exchange your booking.

For bookings made directly with ourselves:
To obtain a refund or exchange your booking please send your e mail to contactus@eurostar.co.uk

If your e-mail is relating to a refund, please write Channel Tunnel refund in the subject line. We will then refund your booking within 14 working days and confirm via return e-mail.

If your e-mail is relating to an exchange, please write Channel Tunnel exchange in the subject line. Please give your preferred dates and times of travel. We will then confirm via return e-mail.

Please remember to include your booking reference and please allow 14 working days for transactions during this busy time.

It might be worth ringing them just to check again.
Personally I can't see people having to wait around for hours to get on the train. There is only 1 per day.

I guess their saying this because they have a back log of ppl traveling so to help the process their trying to encourge ppl to change and rebook as it will help them to reduce the wait. As ppl going in to the next so or are adding to the ppl they need to manage.

The trains that are most affected are the Paris and Brussels trains.

I wouldn't worry. They are just doing there job and offering a exchange or a refund.

Just read this on their website:

Due to the fire in the Channel Tunnel on 11th of September we are advising customers with non essential journeys up to 28th of September not to travel.

Please contact your point of sale to obtain a refund or exchange your booking.

For bookings made directly with ourselves:
To obtain a refund or exchange your booking please send your e mail to contactus@eurostar.co.uk

If your e-mail is relating to a refund, please write Channel Tunnel refund in the subject line. We will then refund your booking within 14 working days and confirm via return e-mail.

If your e-mail is relating to an exchange, please write Channel Tunnel exchange in the subject line. Please give your preferred dates and times of travel. We will then confirm via return e-mail.

Please remember to include your booking reference and please allow 14 working days for transactions during this busy time.

It might be worth ringing them just to check again.
Personally I can't see people having to wait around for hours to get on the train. There is only 1 per day.

I suspect the DLP Eurostar will be fairly unaffected.

There was one per day and there still is one per day, which means that the revised timetable has not affected the DLRP services in anyway, so nothing should change (apart from being slightly delayed).

The problems lie going to Paris and Brussels, where trains have been cancelled. This means that the people from the cancelled train then want to to board the running trains, as well as the people who actually booked the running train, so you get twice as many people trying to board the train as there is space for.

Eurostar is currently running a restricted timetable with fewer services, longer journey times and intervals of several hours between some trains.

The last departures are not operating and check-in at our stations is closing significantly earlier than usual.

Unless your journey is absolutely essential, we advise that you avoid travelling, particularly if you are travelling over the weekends of Friday 19th to Sunday 21st September and Friday 26th September to Sunday 28th September.

If your journey is essential, then you should check in for the train time given on your ticket and we will endeavour to put you on one of the next available trains. Please be aware that you could experience extended waiting times, particularly between Friday and Sunday when there may be a delay of up to several hours before boarding. Your journey time will also be significantly longer than normal.

As we are not operating the last trains of the day, Eurostar check-in will close significantly earlier than usual:

· London check-in will close at 18.45 (BST) until further notice

· Paris check-in will close at 20.00 (CET) until further notice

· Brussels check-in will close at 20.30 (CET) until further notice

If your journey is non-essential you can exchange your tickets for travel at a later date or get a full refund, up to 60 days after your date of travel.

Due to the high volume of calls at our Contact Centre we would be grateful if you could email us with your request, quoting:

Your booking reference
Your telephone contact details
Whether you require a refund or exchange
Preferred travel dates and times (if requesting an exchange)

You can email us at Contactus@eurostar.co.uk stating Channel Tunnel Refund or Channel Tunnel Exchange in the subject field, alternatively you can call us anytime up to 60 days from your date of travel.

When considering alternative dates we suggest that you consider travel from October onwards when we expect to offer a more consistent travel experience.

Eurotunnel, the operator of the Channel Tunnel, is working hard to enable additional Eurostar services to be restored following the fire.

We will continue to update Eurostar.com as the situation improves.

LONDON - DISNEYLAND RESORT PARIS
Train no. Departure Arrival Also Calls At
9074 09.15 13.15 Ebbsfleet; Ashford; Lille

Which means you arrive 45mins later than usual

The ferries have certainly profited from this. Yesterday 33,000 passengers went across on them & over 9000 lorries travelled on the ferries yesterday breaking all time records. They think even more went across today.

The ferries have certainly profited from this. Yesterday 33,000 passengers went across on them & over 9000 lorries travelled on the ferries yesterday breaking all time records. They think even more went across today.

Bet they hope the tunnel stays closed for a bit longer lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter