Channel Tunnel Fire

Well look at it this way the direct train in the morning brings the people from Disney back to the Uk in the Evening. So if they cut that train more people would be stranded.

Yes and then more trains would have to come back through the tunnel which is what Eurotunnel don't want esp if not everyone can find a seat on one Lille train.

:confused:

I was thinking more rather than a DLRP train, you use TGV to Lille (as people who don't go direct do), then change onto a UK bound train from Paris or Brussels, so it wouldn't mean any extra trains. In fact, they could then replace the DLRP train with an extra Paris or Lille train instead.

anyway - they haven't done this, which is great news for us DLRP fans :goodvibes

Which would then defeat the point of buying a seat on a direct train to Disney IMHO.

It would make no sense to cut out the 1 daily train to and from Disney.

That's good news that the trains are starting to run again. I'm glad people travelling soon managed to find alternative transport have magical holidays :wizard:

I unfortunately got caught up in this coming back home, I was leaving at 7.30 and the fire begun at 5.30 !!. Eurostar were great though and very helpful. We were delayed for 24 hours and put up in the holiday inn and then flown home!

It may take a bit longer to get there but everyone will still get to the magic, getting home they're very organised and yes there may be some queueing involved but nothing to bad. We're englsih and use to queueing!!!

Just take some extra baby milk and nappies just in case if needed. They sorted everything else

I unfortunately got caught up in this coming back home, I was leaving at 7.30 and the fire begun at 5.30 !!. Eurostar were great though and very helpful. We were delayed for 24 hours and put up in the holiday inn and then flown home!

It may take a bit longer to get there but everyone will still get to the magic, getting home they're very organised and yes there may be some queueing involved but nothing to bad. We're englsih and use to queueing!!!

Just take some extra baby milk and nappies just in case if needed. They sorted everything else

Glad to hear you got home safely and Eurostar helped everyone out.

Glad you made it back ok and it's good to hear some positive feedback about how Eurostar have handled it all. The views of people stuck on this side haven't been so great unfortunately.

Glade you got home ok and its great that eurostar looked after everyone- at leats you got more time at Disneyland!

Glad you got back ok...

Good news the trains are back on

They'll get you there, just maybe not as quick as you would hope. But they've cleared the backlog from Disney so should be doing the same from England today. Tomorrow will hopefully be ok fingers crossed

Yes I know :laughing:

I don't mind being delayed, i just want the train to arrive lol.

I would have thought that they would of assisted you to get there by another means if there was still problems by the time your go anyway........At least u can sleep now.

I would have thought that they would of assisted you to get there by another means if there was still problems by the time your go anyway........At least u can sleep now.

Lets just hope the other tunnel doesn't have to much damage to it so it can reopen soon.

They would do if what they did for us was anything to go by, they organised a train to only take eurostar passengers from DLP to the airport with all the staff leading small groups around the airport to the special chartered flights checking in desk. We were never left alone.

So from my view point you have nothing to worry about, juts be pre prepared for a bit of queuing, so have you snacks ready!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter