Chatterbox Thread-Cmon in and Jabber! Everyone is Welcome!

Hi, guys!

Just a quick hello before I make the boys some lunch. I'm a tad under the weather with a massive head cold, but only on one side of my head! It feels very odd! I took some sinus medication this morning, and it helped tremendously, at least with the pain.

I need to venture out to get the boys new shoes; their daily shoes have HOLES in them, how embarrassing! And they both need good gym shoes for basketball. Oh, dang it, I just remembered DS11 also needs decent (ie. leather) shoes this year for a couple of events. This is gonna hurt the budget! :headache:

I hope you are all doing well. I can't believe Thanksgiving is just around the corner. My family is getting together on Friday instead of Thursday this year, so that my niece and nephew can be there. The kids always have so much fun together, and now that my youngest nephew is nearly 4, he's right in there with them. They're fun to watch together.

My mom and sister bought Nerf guns to give the kids at Thanksgiving. What were they thinking??? Five kids running around shooting at each other (and us)? They meant it as something fun for them to play with while there, but of course I'm picturing Nerf balls or darts in the mashed potatoes and gravy! If the weather is dry maybe we can send them outside with it, here's hoping. :rotfl:

I hope you all have a fantastic Thanksgiving with your loved ones. Good food, fun games, and crazy family, what more could you ask for? :grouphug:

Hi All!! Not much going on in my world...but that's a good thing! I came on to check out the Dis Diva's restaurant selections and I don't think I'm going to sign up for them.

I'm not a huge fan of Cajun/New Orlean's type of food, so Jazz Kitchen & Cafe Orleans are out. I've tried Napa Rose and IMO it was ok, but not great, especially for the price.

I'm working my rear off in Zumba and trying to eat healthy, so the idea of all you can eat and fried chicken is not appealing for the Thunder Ranch BBQ meal. If I'm going to spend $20 for breakfast...I'm going to Mimi's! And $59 for a Fantasmic seat and cardboard box of desserts...don't even get me started on that ridiculous price.:scared1:

SO...to make a long story short, guess I'm eating counter service with Bernice.:):rotfl2:

Can't remember where Alex said she wanted to eat??? Wat it Storyteller's? Hopefully so, that's my favorite, so I might eat there one night.

Meggy Poo...doula? Cool!!! Bet you won't even notice the vegetarian food...because you'll be busy staring at the old (clothing optional) hippies in the hot springs.:lmao:

hey everybody:goodvibes...Im up super frickin early today because I have to check in for my flight in about 20 min. or so and I was so afraid I wouldnt hear the alarm or something I slept like crap all night:lmao:...Im so excited:banana: Ive wanted to go to wdw since I was 6 and first knew what wdw was...I still cant believe my parents never took me there, especially when my moms parents lived in GA and we went there every stinking summer...grrr...well anyway, I finally get to go now and be able to spend some time with Andrea too:goodvibes...Ive really missed her since she moved from vegas...for 3 years she came every summer and stayed with me a week and last summer it just wasnt the same cause she was too far from me:( oh well I will see her tomorrow....so I hope everybody had a nice Thanksgiving and has a great rest of the week:flower3:

guess I'm eating counter service with Bernice.:)

Can't remember where Alex said she wanted to eat??? Was it Storyteller's? Hopefully so, that's my favorite, so I might eat there one night.

Counter Service is the best, it's what all the cool kids are doing. :thumbsup2

Storyteller's or Blue Bayou? flip a coin!

Personally, I like to see the food I'm eating, it's part of the experience of enjoying over priced food. :rolleyes1 But then again... I know Blue Bayou has a vegetarian meal that sounds appealing. (Disney has been adding more veg options, but they tend to focus on tofu replacing the meat in the entree, instead of creating a veg meal. Tofu is okay, but there are soooooo many other foods to be explored that don't have meat. ) I need to look at Storyteller's menu again. I'm open to whatever... so flip that coin!

I sent a message via Facebook to our Miss Pixster, she wasn't sure yet of her dining plans and super swamped at work with lots of overtime. Melody posted on Diva thread that she is off on her annual San Fran trip, comes back and leaves again for a DL trip. Whew! Busy lady!

Bet you won't even notice the vegetarian food...because you'll be busy staring at the old (clothing optional) hippies in the hot springs.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::rotfl:

That was NOT a good mental pic. :lmao: :rotfl2: I can totally picture Megan trying to be polite, working hard not to drop jaw and bulge eyeballs with the thought bubble : OMG! Gimmie outta here! EWWwwwwww! :rotfl2:

:lmao::lmao::lmao::rotfl:

That was NOT a good mental pic. :lmao: :rotfl2: I can totally picture Megan trying to be polite, working hard not to drop jaw and bulge eyeballs with the thought bubble : OMG! Gimmie outta here! EWWwwwwww! :rotfl2:

The picture that came to mind for me was the public swimming pool. When Chelsie was little, I used to take her & her friends swimming in the winter and there was a senior citizen water exercise class right before the public swim. Let me say the locker room was not a pretty sight!:lmao: Those ladies had no problem with clothing optional...I think they stayed in the locker room for about 30 minutes after class chatting away...with not a stitch of clothing on!:scared1::laughing:

Those ladies had no problem with clothing optional...I think they stayed in the locker room for about 30 minutes after class chatting away...with not a stitch of clothing on!:scared1::laughing:

:rotfl:
Hubby told me it's the same in the men's locker room too, that's why we used the family rooms at the Y when the boys were little. He didn't want to scare the boys anymore.. Daddy, what happened to that guy?! :laughing:

Ms M/Alex, you should join us for Steakhouse 55 breakfast for Sunday morning!
The menu makes me hungry just reading it.. yum! Not sure of another hyena meal date... Pix might not be around on Sunday, or maybe just the morning?? She wasn't sure yet. I was hoping if she is around Sunday morning we can all go to Steakhouse 55. No worries of interrupting any planned Diva activities/meals. Or just leave it open and see what happens, maybe eat counter service together or Storytellers? Somewhere with no reservation issues.

Hi ladies!!

Yep....it is me checking in. I tried to read back a few pages.

Can I just say how nice it is to have you guys join us for the Diva trip! :grouphug: Megan, I'm sorry you can't make it, but your new adventure sounds wonderful. :cloud9:

I hope you join us for some of the meals. I'm going to Cafe Orleans on Sunday, if anyone wants to join me there. Bernice, Hungry Bear has a brand new menu. Seems to me they have a fried green tomato sandwich now. I'm going to start sign ups for the DisDiva pink tee soon. So check out the first page for info and sizing. No dollar amounts can be discussed in public, so that info will be posted through PMs and on Facebook.

LOL Alison! I am so sorry for your electrical woes. But as Lynn was saying, it gets crazy hot here, and can be quite dangerous. anywhos, I am glad you have gotten over it. :rolleyes1

Hi Lynn! I hope you had a fabulous time at WDW!

Geesh, I need to get going. I am going to have a brand new grandson born today. I will try to get back on later while waiting in then hospital. :cloud9:

Geesh, I need to get going. I am going to have a brand new grandson born today. I will try to get back on later while waiting in then hospital. :cloud9:
:yay: Wishing your family all the best. No complications, all healthy and happy. Very exciting to welcome a new member to the family. :goodvibes

My SIL and her family are coming for a very short visit (stopping on their way back home from BIL's family). Finally get to play with the little cutie nephew, he was just a few weeks old the last time they visited. He's 6 months now, his parents put videos up on Facebook.. gosh he's a chunky cutie! I can't wait!! :yay: :lovestruc

Hi, all!

GEEZ, feels like forever since I've checked in...!

Mel, congratulations on the new grandbaby, how exciting! I'm sure you will love him and hug him and squeeze him enough for all of us. :lovestruc

I saw the posting about signing up for meals (thank goodness Beth put it in the header, or I mighta missed it!) So I am going to the FRI. BBQ lunch and SUN. Steahouse 55 breakfast for sure.

I was considering the Cafe Orleans dinner, but when I looked at the menu, it was very limited and nothing sounded good to me. So hopefully I can grab a bite with somebody not attending that one.

B and Sam, I saw your note about maybe tying the hyena get-together with the Steakhouse 55 breakfast; I think Mel is scheduled elsewhere that morning, but maybe the others would like to go. And of course if it works out, we could do another meal with hyenas. I'd love to get a chance to talk to you guys and catch up. :)

The boys and I dealt with another round of bugs this week; DS11 came down with a headcold and low-grade fever, and wound up staying home from school two days; DS7's mucus production got so intense he was gagging and blowing green bubbles out his nose, UGH! :sick: So he also was home one day. Both were healthy enough to make it in for the last day of school before break, ha!

I went in to DS7's class to help out; the teacher had the kids in DS's reading group come out in twos to read to me, so I heard the Gingerbread Boy about 4 times in a row. I managed to persuade the final child (a girl who was by herself) to read me A Snowy Day, which I'm not familiar with.

I love to hear the kids read, and they're just at the stage where (some of them) are able to add inflection and character voices.

Me: Wow, that fox must be really hard of hearing.
Them: No! It's a trick!!! He wants to eat the gingerbread boy! :lmao:

Storyteller's or Blue Bayou? flip a coin!

Personally, I like to see the food I'm eating, it's part of the experience of enjoying over priced food. :rolleyes1 But then again... I know Blue Bayou has a vegetarian meal that sounds appealing. (Disney has been adding more veg options, but they tend to focus on tofu replacing the meat in the entree, instead of creating a veg meal. Tofu is okay, but there are soooooo many other foods to be explored that don't have meat. ) I need to look at Storyteller's menu again. I'm open to whatever... so flip that coin!
It was Blue Bayou I was hoping to go; they're closed for some sort of renovation now, but I believe are supposed to be open by then. And this is likely my only chance to go there without whining kids and paying for 3 arms and 3 legs, LOL!

I really enjoy the food, but my real attraction to the place is more the atmosphere. I just love being in the "bayou" scene there, with the crickets chirping, fireflies blinking and light banjo playing, very peaceful. The first time on the ride I just wanted to stay right there awhile. Lord knows with two boys, I gotta find peace where I can get it! :rotfl:

hey everybody Im back:goodvibes..got back this past weekend and I swear the first day I slept almost a full 24 hours...the lack of sleep from going going going plus dealing with the -3 hour time zone change really kicked my bootie:rotfl:...I had such an amazing time...the wedding was absolutely beautiful and Andrea looked gorgeous as ever..Im absolutely 100% in love with her hubby...I told her I want to clone him and call him Claude:love:..(have no idea where that name came from..just sounded like a good clone name:confused3) I did all 4 parks plus doubled MK, Epcot and DHS....saw all the resorts I wanted to and ate at every single place on my bucket list...I will be doing a TR but Im waiting for Andrea to send me my dvd of all the pics we took and also the videos we did...as soon as I get that I will start it..hope you guys will read it:goodvibes...I doubt seriously I will be able to go into DL when you guys get there cause I just dont have the funds but if I can manage it, I would love to come down there and meet up with you guys for a bit and maybe eat at DD or at DLH??? Im thinking I will see if I cant go stay with my aunt overnight or something and come down there for the afternoon or morning or whatever works for you guys???? Hope everyone is doing well and you guys are all ready for Christmas..Im so happy this year..even though Im broke as H E Double Hockey Sticks, I have my daughter here, I have a running car, roof over my head, clothes on my back, my bills are paid and I have food...I thank God every day for that...take care girls:grouphug:

Hey everyone,

just wanted to stop by and wish everybody a Merry Christmas...hope you all have an enjoyable one with loved ones....:goodvibes

I doubt seriously I will be able to go into DL when you guys get there cause I just dont have the funds but if I can manage it, I would love to come down there and meet up with you guys for a bit and maybe eat at DD or at DLH??? Im thinking I will see if I cant go stay with my aunt overnight or something and come down there for the afternoon or morning or whatever works for you guys????

Im so happy this year..

I thank God every day for that...take care girls:grouphug:

:goodvibes From the few pics posted on Facebook so far.. looks like you had a wonderful time! So glad you were able to experience all of your dreams of going to WDW and seeing Andrea must have been awesome!

I absolutely would love to see you if it works out. ::yes:: Maybe some adult-not-so-melty-drinks at Trader Sam's? :drinking1 Or WWS or whatever, where ever works out.

It's good to hear that you are happy. :)

Like you, I'm thankful for what we have. Nothing wrong with being poor, it's what you make of it that matters. Riding the city bus, we see all sorts of people. And some people use being poor as an excuse for bad behavior. :sad2:

Hope the New Year brings you more happiness.

Good morning! :wave2: I'd really like to get on board with chatting with all you Disney fans, but I've been so busy the last few weeks. I really have enjoyed being a DISmember so far! :thumbsup2 Hope everyone enjoyed their Holidays!

Anyway we decided since we are going to go ahead and buy AP's this year for DL, that we're going to not go to DL in January, and go to Seaworld instead because it's half the cost. I've had a very tough year so I really wanted to go somewhere fun, but also wanted to save up for AP's. I am sooo excited DF is really set on getting them. He's perfect, lol. :lovestruc

We are still deciding if we wanna honeymoon at DL or WDW, tough decision! :confused3

LOL oops I posted on a different chatterbox thread than the one I was on before.

Good morning Hyenas!

Lynn, Sounds like you had a fabulous time with Andrea and at WDW! A trip to remember! What was your favorite thing? How about place to eat? Attraction?

Bernice, I pondered changing my breakfast ressie over to Steakhouse 55 but decided to eat less and save money that day. LOL!!! I need to cut back somewhere!

Michelle, Cafe Orleans is my favorite place to eat at DL. :goodvibes The pommes frites and beignets are the best! So nutritious too! :laughing:

The pink tees are officially ready to order.
Alison and Michelle, I know you put your order in already, but you need to PM me, cuz the blinged tee is going to cost more than I thought. Michelle you already sent me the money for the pink tee, so you can pay me the difference at the Meet and Greet when I hand them out. I hope the price difference is OK with you guys! :guilty: I went over and over the cost, but in order for me to get the look I want, I need quite a few stones this time. :rolleyes1 :thumbsup2

The unblinged tee is still quite the bargain. Actually the blinged tee is a good price too, considering you are getting a nice printed tee with good rhinestones!

Anywhos, I can't post any figures in public for you to see here.
As soon as Beth reads my PM, she will post more info on Facebook too. Or like I said, just PM and I will give you the skinny.

Thanks bunches! :grouphug:

Thanks for the update Melody!
I'm not planning to buy a t-shirt, maybe I will wear tie dye? :thumbsup2 :p

Hi, all, and Happy New Year! :banana:

Boys and I are planning to pig out and watch movies this evening, and then of course New Year's Rockin' Eve and the ball drop! For some reason they are ecstatic about staying up so late. Last year I fell asleep and the two Energizer bunnies woke me at 11:30 so I could watch the festivities on TV, ha! :lmao:

Michelle, Cafe Orleans is my favorite place to eat at DL. :goodvibes The pommes frites and beignets are the best! So nutritious too! :laughing:
I KNOW I've eaten there before and enjoyed it, but when I looked at the current menu, nothing looked familiar or enticing at all. I have no idea what I had there before, but whatever it was obviously is no longer offered.

I do know I like beignets; we've had them from the take-out window @ the Jazz Kitchen. And aren't pommes frites just french fries? Am I missing something? :rotfl:

But those would not a meal make, I'd need to eat real food shortly thereafter.

Alison and Michelle, I know you put your order in already, but you need to PM me, cuz the blinged tee is going to cost more than I thought. Michelle you already sent me the money for the pink tee, so you can pay me the difference at the Meet and Greet when I hand them out. I hope the price difference is OK with you guys! :guilty: I went over and over the cost, but in order for me to get the look I want, I need quite a few stones this time. :rolleyes1 :thumbsup2
I'm sure the price difference is fine, I'll PM you to find out how much I still owe.

Lynn... Andrea got married??? Do tell! I'm glad she's happy and doing well. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter