Chatterbox Thread-Cmon in and Jabber! Everyone is Welcome!

Bernice, Are you going to play in the scavenger hunt? We need some more players to even things out, so I hope you join up. It is a lot of fun, and we include something for everyone. :thumbsup2

Michelle, the pommes frites are French fries all dolled up with lots of garlic and Parmesan cheese. :cloud9:

One of my all time favorite salads served anywhere, is from Riverbelle Terrace. Aunt Polly's Vege Medley. It has so many good things in it. So I am definitely going there for one of my meals.:thumbsup2 A good salad for you Bernice. :good vibes

New years Eve, and can hardly keep my eyes open. :upsidedow

Melody...Gosh its hard to say what my favorite ride was but I guess I would have to say RoRC=Rockin' Roller Coaster...I liked that better than TOT and if you remember, that was my ultimate favorite ride...I also really REALLY liked Expedition Everest...I loved the food there. It was very different than here in DL...much better imo...my favorite thing to eat was the school bread in Norway oh AND wdw onion rings are THE BOMB:thumbsup2:rotfl:...Andrea and I ate at Sci Fi Diner one afternoon and split 3 appetizers and we got the onion rings, blt soup that was really good and hot wings which I ate to my head because shes a weenie when it comes to heat :rotfl:...we did tea at the Grand Floridian and we deliberately took the last serving time and we got sandwiches, a scone which was to DIE for, a rasberry tart, and pastries..well since it was the last serving we asked if I could have the trifle instead of the pastries and she said sure so I got that and Andrea helped me scarf that one down..it was awesome...anyways I was so full that I only ate part of a funnel cake that night because we did the christmas party but Andrea's hubby Jerry, hadnt eaten so we went to Casey's and he and Andrea got a hot dog..if I wasnt so full I would totally have gotten one too because they put all kinds of stuff on it if you want and the hot dogs are HUGE...we ate at Rose and Crown, Flame Tree at AK and had pulled pork..that sauce was amazing...50's prime time, Chef Mickey...now you KNOW I had to do that one:rotfl2:...I liked the food well enough and they had tons but I was really disappointed that I didnt get to see my mickey barely at all:sad2: and thats what I came for...some one on one interaction for more than 2 seconds...had fish and chips from Yorkshire County Fish Shop, and Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge....we also toured all of the hotels I wanted to see..Boardwalk, Contemporary, Beach Club, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter and Riverside, Poly, and of course Grand Floridian and Wilderness Lodge...the worst place we ate at and I will NEVER eat there again was Wolfgang Puck..it was yuck!!

they have 2 basin stores there...Im so bummed they took out the one in downtown disney in DL...I love that store..I spent loads of time in both..they have one at the GF and the other in Downtown Disney

Michelle...yep Andrea found her prince charming and he definitely is that:love:..she met him in 2008 here on the DIS on the single thread while she was here visiting me that summer...I went back with her and while I was there she started talking to him on the phone..well at the time he was living in Louisville where hes lived all his life...but he is a HUGE Disney nerd like us and his goal was to move to Orlando in 5 years from then...well, plans changed and he ended up moving there a year later...she started going out there to visit him when all the singles met up at wdw and then she flew to Louisville after a bit...and they just kept going strong...he moved her and the brood out to Orlando over easter break in 2010 and they bought a gorgeous house in a fabulous community and then he asked her to marry him:cloud9:... the wedding was Dec. 3...
here's a pic:
AndreaandJerry.jpg

they are very happy and hes an awesome guy and I love him :rotfl2:

Awww, what a great story! And a beautiful photo of the two of them, such a gorgeous couple. I'm happy for her. :hug:

I'm so glad she met a good man. :thumbsup2:

Hated Wolfgang Puck? Which one?? My absolute favorite restaurant at WDW is the Wolfgang Puck in DTD. The one in the shopping area, not the one down by the hot air balloon. I LOVE their Cobb salad. The one over by the hot air balloon is ok, but not nearly as good as the other one.

I'm so glad she met a good man. :thumbsup2:

Hated Wolfgang Puck? Which one?? My absolute favorite restaurant at WDW is the Wolfgang Puck in DTD. The one in the shopping area, not the one down by the hot air balloon. I LOVE their Cobb salad. The one over by the hot air balloon is ok, but not nearly as good as the other one.

hey Alison...it was at DTD...the one on the west side...the cafe...you know the one where the bottom is casual and the top floor is more formal...we had dinner for Andreas bachelorette party and then the day after the wedding we had breakfast there...N A S T Y!!!!...for dinner I had steak frites which was meh...the steak was tough but they had this sauce to dip it in that was really good...made it bettter...but the breakfast OMG...yuck!!! it was a spinach, mushroom and cheese omlette.. the eggs were sooooooooo rubbery and they put whole spinach leaves in it...wasnt good at all AND they burned the potatoes...:headache:

How does a good restaurant screw up breakfast? According to Top Chef show (sigh, the only thing I miss from cable TV), if you can't cook an egg, you are not fit to be a chef! Heck even the boys learned how to make breakfast, one of the first things they do in a junior high home ec class.

Maybe the sous chef or other crew members made the breakfast.. weird!:confused3

woohooo, Beth is going on the Diva trip! Her husband convinced her she needed to go, now that's a good well trained hubby. :thumbsup2 Just a little over a month to go now. :woohoo::yay::woohoo::yay: Lynn? are you able to swing by sometime that weekend? Would love to see you :goodvibes

Hi, all.

Boys are home from a weekend with Dad. DS7 apparently was having "issues" from both ends yesterday, so now he's not eating. I managed to stem the tide with popsicles, and he's been able to keep some water down so far, but still won't try food. Guess he'll be home from school tomorrow.

Sam, in case you miss my tiara post on the DIVA thread, white with pink flower, please! Thank you, that's very kind of you!

I don't know what to do about snacks. I was hoping to just bring one carry-on bag... I wonder if I could send some money to somebody local to pick something up on my behalf? Or buy extra of whatever they're getting if it's something a little more pricey? I can't think of anything small and lightweight and enough for 45+ people. :laughing:

And does anybody know if we're supposed to talk to someone about lanyards? I was confused by that.

Anyway... 32 more days? :yay:

Bummer on the kidlet being sick, hope he bounces back quickly.
Yeah, I was confused on the lanyards as well, but I'm sure I can scare one up somewhere. I might have the one from the first Diva meet, now just to figure out where it is hiding, too many moves! If I find extras I will let you know.

Amazon has a bunch of candy on sale or wait until after Valentine's clearance. You could bring just one bag of candy (think small.. gum, tootsie rolls, fun size candy bars, kisses) --shouldn't take up too much room and if less than the 40+ pieces that should be okay too as I read they usually have more than enough. :)

I was told, non-food items are okay as well. Hubby put his creativity to work, hope everyone likes them!
He is also decorating a shirt to go with the theme at Meet and Greet. I really debated an actual costume but there is only so much I can fit in my bag.

Still debating paying for checked bag, less hassle for me and no worries about "how the heck do I left this heavy bag all the way up there!" :headache: I never know how I will feel from day to day. My hands have been hurting for days.. stupid fibro! I'm thankful that my symptoms are mild compared to most people, one day at a time. :flower3:

Lynn? are you able to swing by sometime that weekend? Would love to see you :goodvibes

hey Bernice...no it doesnt look like Im going to be able to make it:sad2:...Tiff starts new semester tomorrow and I drove her back yesterday and we've spent all day shopping and getting her settled in so I dont see how I could get back so soon...I really wished I could have made it back down here but its like $85 round trip in gas so no dice...you guys will have a good time..hope its not raining and not too many refurbs happening:goodvibes

hey Bernice...no it doesnt look like Im going to be able to make it:sad2:...Tiff starts new semester tomorrow and I drove her back yesterday and we've spent all day shopping and getting her settled in so I dont see how I could get back so soon...I really wished I could have made it back down here but its like $85 round trip in gas so no dice...you guys will have a good time..hope its not raining and not too many refurbs happening:goodvibes

:sad1: Aww that's too bad, holy smokes on the gas cost..eeek! Ya, I hope it's not raining, no more repeats of the last time! That was a very soggy, not much fun trip. Couple of refurbs lined up, will miss Matterhorn (darn), Fantasmic (booo) and GRR (which is just fine by me, no itchy rash and soggy clothes!).

Hopefully next trip all of us can be there together. I will save my pennies all year to make it happen. :goodvibes

I popped on to say a quick 'hello' before sending the boys off to school, and now it's time for the monkeys to leave already!

Alison, do you think a "Women in Black" (plus "race" somehow) theme would be good for the scavenger hunt team name? Black with sunglasses would be an easy outfit... :cool2:

I'm just not feeling terribly creative, and apparently we are one of the last 3 teams to come up with a name.

Dizzy! :hug:

Now that the time is nearing for the trip, I shall begin to panic. So much to do and running out of time to procrastinate! :lmao:

:goodvibes Nice to see everyone stopping by for a quick hello.

Yep, the procrastinating days are running out! :eek::woohoo: :cool1:
I had my hair cut, made my super shuttle reservations (sad it costs more to go one way to the airport from my apartment, than the total round trip fare in California.. including tips. But I certainly can't ask my neighbor for a ride at 5 am.. eeek!).
I have my gift for the meet and greet. Need a gift bag, will hunt for clearance after Valentine's Day. Red is spooky, right? ;)

I need to pick up a cheap cell phone. I have a few that need minutes to bring back to life, but some don't work.. and now we can't remember which ones. :sad2: I don't need one in my usual daily life, yes I know that makes me strange. I will PM the number to my roomies as soon as I have it.

Questions!!

Is there anything we need for the room? I know there is talk of making room signs, but since we're the only divas at BWPPI do we need one? do we want one?

How about snackage? other stuff? Target run? Von's delivery? or see what happens with the meet and greet snack table and maybe decide screw it - just eat cheap at counter service? :confused:

Anything else?

I was going to say something witty & sarcastic, but it took so long for the page to come up that I forgot what I was going to say!

Sometimes I wonder if they have gerbils powering this website. They're down in the DIS headquarters running on little wheels desperately trying to reach the piece of cheese dangling in front of them until they collapse from sheer exhaustion. :lmao: Doesn't seem to matter if you have high speed internet, it's like being taken back to the 1990's and dial up service....oh who am I kidding, it was just 3 years ago that I had dial up...but you get my point!:lmao:

My last visit to this forum was back in September. I drop by when ever I start getting the itch to visit Disneyland. Since I can't afford to actually go right now this helps take the edge off. :)

We used to visit every couple of years and it's been a few more then a couple at this point. I remember one year we went 3 times that was wonderful. The kids have grown up and have kids of their own now, and it's much harder to get us all on the same schedule. Our 5 year old grand daughter has only been once when she was just a few months old and the 3 year hold hasn't gone yet at all. (we're hoping this spring will be her first encounter with the great big mouse). Our 10 year old grand daughter has been several times, she's now big enough to ride everything.

Last time we went, we rented a house for a week, that was perfect. The only problem was that we were a couple of miles away and the bus didn't run past us so we had to drive. There was a washing machine for the towels and our clothes, :laundy: we were able to get the down time we needed, it was perfect. Suprisingly the cost was about the same as the motels we were looking at.

We took my mom for her 88th birthday :wizard: and on the way out on our last day she said, "ya know I think I'd like to come back for my 90th". So we spent her 90th at the park it was wonderful. :woohoo: I knew that would be her last trip to DL and we we're so glad she enjoyed it. I tried to take her for her 92nd but she'd had a stroke and was just to weak, we lost her this past July at the age of 94. :grouphug: She still talked about her birthday trips right up till the end.

OK, I'm better now, this will probably hold me for a couple more months. Thanks for listening.
Dragoonlady

hey everybody:goodvibes

well its almost time:banana:Im excited for you guys...please take some pics and give a mini TR when you get back..I will be very interested to hear about it:thumbsup2...Im sad that I cant make it over there but I think it worked out for the best...Tiff is getting ready to give her 30 day notice where she is living and going to be moving in with someone to share an apartment instead of paying close to the same amounts and living under someones roof and their house rules...so when that happens, I will have to go down there and help her move...gonna have to find a bed, desk, lamp and bed tables because her current room situation is furnished..everything else is taken care of...so there goes any money i may have had to go down there...however, on a good note, because she is going to be moving into her own place....Im going to take Leah and Tristan down to DL this summer for 3 days...wont have to pay out for a hotel:yay:...granted, Im going to be tired as heck driving half an hour each way but then again, I might just have Tiffany take us and pick us up..I wonder....if it costs $33 to park for 3 days...which would be cheaper??? paying to park? or having tiff drive twice a day for 3 days:scratchin...its going to be a really cheap trip...will be buying food at grocery store and taking sandwiches and stuff into the park instead of eating there...I will splurge for a churro or ice cream here and there but for the most part, all junk food will be purchased at grocery store:lmao: any other hints to help me with my frugalities???? Bernice???? :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter