Cheap and Easy Casserole...

Not everyone loves this, but my family is OK with it and it is really fast, easy and cheap.

brown some burger with onions and celery if desired. Add a can of cream of mushroom soup, some milk, pepper and any additional seasoning desired. Add precooked egg noodles and a can of corn...stir and enjoy.

Just made this for dinner...added a few hand-fulls of shredded cheese my kids ate the WHOLE thing! it's gone! the pan is clean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have't made a casserole in ages! Guess they liked it!

Thanks for the ideas!!!!!:goodvibes

we call this brady bunch casserole

brown hamburger. mix w/ can of cream of mushroom soup, and a can of french style green beans w/ some salt and pepper to taste. top all w/ already made instant mashed potatoes. sprinkle w/ cheddar cheese and put in oven til warm.

Here's a good lowfat version of Green chile chicken enchiladas:

1 1/4 pound of chicken breast boiled and shredded or cut into small pieces
3/4 chopped onion
1 large container of low-fat sour cream
2 cans of cream of chicken healthy request soup
3/4 package of shredded kraft mexican cheese mixed with 1/2 package of fat-free cheddar cheese
12 corn tortillas
2 cans of green chiles or 1 1/2 cups of fresh peeled green chiles

Directions:
Mix cut-up chicken with the sour cream, onion, 1/2 of the shredded cheese, all of the chile, and simmer on stove top until cheese is melted and mixture is warm.

Spray 11X13 pan with Pam Run corn tortillas under water just enough to get them moist. Line the bottom of the pan with 6 tortillas.

Pour 1/2 of the mixture onto the tortillas. Then, place the remaining corn tortillas on top to cover the mixture (like a layer). Next, add the remaining mixture spread all over on top. Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese on top and bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve with pinto beans and Spanish rice.

If you don't have green chile where you live, you can substitute a can of rotel tomatoes.

This dish is a mainstay in our neck of the woods.

Or you can do my "lazy" version of this and just layer the tortillas in the dish alternating with the other ingredients lasagna style. My family loves this! :)

Does anyone have a recipe/way that they like to cook round tip sirloin steak. I am hopeing for a crockpot or casserole recipe but anything will work.

Does anyone have a recipe/way that they like to cook round tip sirloin steak. I am hopeing for a crockpot or casserole recipe but anything will work.

I just posted this on the budge dinner thread. We just had this tonight, it's a family favorite. We buy 9 - 12lb sirloin tip roasts and cut them into 3lb. portions when they are on sale for $1.99 lb.

French Dips

3lb. sirloin roast
1 packet aujus sauce mixed with 1 cup water
1 sliced onion

Place onion and roast in crockpot, pour aujus mixture over. Cook on low about 9 hrs. We take it out and slice it and serve on toast hoagie buns and dip in au jus. It is as good and way cheaper than restuarant french dips. I usually serve with baked potatoes. My family of 4 (2 A and 2 C) get at least 2 meals out of the roast

Can this be done in the crockpot?

Originally Posted by FormrCastMbr
Great Thread!

This is not a casserole but it is super easy and one of my family's favorites...It can be a low fat/low calorie meal too.

Sweet and Sour Chicken

4 - 6 boneless skinless chicken breast
1 bottle catalina or red french dressing (the regular size bottle) I use fat free
1 jar apricot preserve (regular size) I use All Fruit
1 package dry onion soup mix

preheat oven to 350.

Place chicken in a baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes. Drain off juice.

Mix dressing, preserve and soup mix and pour over chicken. Bake another 30 minutes.

Serve with rice...I also serve it with broccoli...the sauce is great...we would drink the stuff!

yes, you can do this in the crock-pot!

spanish mac and cheese

mac and cheese any kind homemade or box
can of black beans, rinse and drain
cup of salsa
make mac then add beans and salsa
we love it and its great protein

Italian Sausage Casserole

Peel and slice 4-6 potatoes thin, slice one red/green pepper or combination into sliver, one onion slivered. Layer potato then onion/pepper, potato then onion pepper til done. Place 1-2# italian sausage (poked with a few holes) on top. Cover tight. Cook 350 for about an hour til potato's are soft. Grease from sausage will coat the casserole and prevent sticking.

**Warning this is not a low-cal/fat casserole**

Easy Lasagne

Cook Al-Dente one pound package of ziti.

While cooking get one jar spaghetti sauce, one container ricotta cheese, and one egg. Mix ricotta cheese with egg add spices if you wish. I add onion powder, garlic powder, parsley, oregano, basil. (little bit of each) and a handful of parmesian.

Coat bottom of casserole dish with 1/4 jar of sauce. Place half of the noodles down as even as possible. Dollop ricotta cheese over noodles. Spoon 1/4 jar of sauce over ricotta. Put the rest of the noodles on top. Pour the rest of the sauce over the noodle coating the whole top. Sprinkle parmesian if you like. Cook 350 45-60 minutes til bubbly. Enjoy.

This whole process take me about 15 minutes from boil to oven. Very easy and hearty.

your easy lasagne sounds good! i am going to make that this week!

I have to look through this thread again but is there a recipe for beef and broccoli stir fry or does anyone have one that they can share.

I have one from kraftfoods.com but I wanted to see if anyone has something to offer here b/c one of the ingredients listed is something I have never heard of.

This is what I have and want to use~

frozen broccoli florets, onions, garlic, and bottom round steak sliced thin. Its actually slice thin to use for jerky meat but I tought it would be better for stir fry

I have to look through this thread again but is there a recipe for beef and broccoli stir fry or does anyone have one that they can share.

I do not have a recipe but I would make a sauce/marinade with soy sauce, garlic, ginger, crushed red pepper and some corn starch. Marinate the beef for about a half hour.

In a wok or pan, heat up some oil and stir fry the vegetables. Remove from pan. Separate the beef from marinade and stir fry beef and then add the marinade and cook for a few minutes and add vegetables...cook for another couple minutes.

I am making a lasagna version of the Chilaquiles from the Food and Wine Festival tonight. It seems pretty easy, if its good, I'll post the recipe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter