Checking Intersest in possible swap.....due Sept...

PrincessNancy96

Scrapbook Mom
Hi!!! I just had a brain storm about a character swap of the characters we tend to see at Disney but I haven’t seen picked often as swap characters..

I’d like to do a swap for the following: King John, Shaker & Big Al, Baloo, Pocahontas, Terk, Ariel, Mulan, Jasmine, Genie, Aladdin, Rafiki, Snow White, Mary Poppins, Pinocchio & Geppetto, Captain Hook & Mr. Smee, Sleeping Beauty, Brer Rabbit & Brer Bear, Fairy Godmother, Evil Queen,
Merlin.

I would like to put them in individual lists of 5 people per group. This way we would have a page kit. Here are the elements I’d like to utilize.

***Element List*** Please use double matting and no handwriting

1 Topper – 8 inch long by 2 inch wide
1 Borders – 12 inches long
2 Journaling boxes - at least 2x2 of writing space
4 Embellished squares - double matted
2 Frames - double matted for a 4x6 photo
2 Photo Mats - double matted for a 4x6 photo
2 Tags - with brad or eyelet
2 Slide Mounts
1 Journaling Box n Tag - see above
1 Tag & 2 Embellished Squares - see above
1 Journaling Box & 2 Embellished Squares - see above
1 Frame & 1 Photo Mat - see above
1 Mini File Folder
1 Library Pocket and Tag
1 Shaker Box
1 Paper Piecing
1 Matted Poem or song Lyric
Eyelets/brads/buttons/charm(6 per person) AND fiber/ribbon (1Yard pp)

If there is interest, I’d like to start sign ups on June 19th and the swap would not be due until September 10th. That will allow everyone to get back to school and the Labor Day holiday.

I would love to! Snow White and Sleeping Beauty are two of my favorites ( I just did elements for Snow White in the character swap I hosted). I wouldn't mind working on almost any of those characters.

rlovew & RealMickeysGirl,

Great!!! I hope we get more response.. I know some of the gals are on vacation this week and end of school year for a lot too..

RealMickeysGirl.. I didn't get into group B...I'll have to go check the pictures again to see what you did...
Although I must say.. my kids and even DH was in awe over the goodies!!! :banana:

I'd join in on the fun :) I am always up for characters :) I agree though we miss out on a few of them that are seen in the parks.

I might be interested. If I can get in gear and get started on the 3 others I have due in July and August. ;)

I hate to say this, but I would be interested too. Just can't get away from these darned swaps! :dance3:

Great!! I'm glad to see we are getting alot more interest!!! Yeah!!! Thanks everyone!!!

ETA: Can anyone think of characters we might need to join in??? I thought maybe we'd double up some of the ones you usually see together.. Like Captain Hook and Mr. Smee...

I'm in too!

We got pictures with most of them.
:thumbsup2

popcorn.gif

Fairy Godmother
Evil Queen
Merlin

These are a few I could think of right off the top of my head.

Was Peter Pan and Wendy on the list I have seen them a fair amount my last 2-3 trips.

I am not sure if everyone knew about this and somehow I missed it but did you all know there is a Figment meet and greet spot? I didn't. ANyway if you didn't know it is to the left of the Honey I shrunk the audience and is called Figment's place. Who knew, but it made my trip.

Some penguin was out this past trip.

oh and the mice from Cinderella.

That's it for now. :)

Great!!! I'll add more of these this weekend.. Darn! I knew about Wendy/Peter Pan and forgot..
No, I didn't know about Figment either.. *jotting mental note to remember for next trip.. Heck, I didn't even know about Character Connection @ Epcot either.. I kept waiting for the Double Decker Bus last summer.. :guilty: :blush:

Oh cool, I didn't know about Figment or the character connetion :(

Thanks YOU!

fanofthemouse said:
sounds great, but what is the character connection in Epcot???
My understanding is it is the meet and greet place like the Toon Town Tent at MK. It's air condtions and you can see all the characters there.. It's in Future World.

PixieDust32 said:
Oh cool, I didn't know about Figment or the character connetion :(

Thanks YOU!
Me neither!!! We scoured Epcot last year for characters.. probably walked past character connection many times. :( We did see them at the very front though... we loved that...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter