Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

Beautiful family! Hah! That's a NEW W flag..still has the folds!Yes, Cub Nation Rules! So glad you got to see a great game. I can see JUST enough of your DS shirt, "Time to GLOAT"? That's awesome. Is the park nice?

Thanks, Fin! We were pretty gross by that time! Did I mention it was hot??

The park is very nice! We wished we'd had time to check it all out. One thing I really appreciated were the sunscreen lotion stations. They came in really handy today.

Also, Hubs almost caught a foul ball. It actually hit his hand and then bounced off. I think it would have been his if he had brought his glove. Next time! And yes, that is DS's shirt. He loves that one. Gets lots of compliments too.

Well you guys make gross look good! lol Ohhhh! Who's foul ball? That would have been awesome. The lotion station's are a great idea..of course at a place named SUN Trust :sunny:...(even tho 2 rain delays :rolleyes1)

Well you guys make gross look good! lol Ohhhh! Who's foul ball? That would have been awesome. The lotion station's are a great idea..of course at a place named SUN Trust :sunny:...(even tho 2 rain delays :rolleyes1)
Agreed. Good looking family indeed and gross? REALLY???

The score of that game was the first thing I checked this morning!

Thank you but remember...you can't smell us through the photo. :crazy2::laughing::scared1:

This is true, although you should consider...
It's Atlanta in the summer at the ball park...EVERYONE except those in the AC suites smelled bad. Y'all look not at all gross.

This is true, although you should consider...
It's Atlanta in the summer at the ball park...EVERYONE except those in the AC suites smelled bad. Y'all look not at all gross.

Very true!! And again...thanks!

Fin, it was John Jay's foul ball. 8th inning, I think???

so I'm prolly gonna get my head chewed off for this, but I have been running scenarios thru my head and down the line, if it comes down to a heated battle, I personally would rather see the Cubs face the Brewers vs Pirates this season. A LOT of baseball to go and I would love to get into 1st place first and then really decide...but as much as I want to see the BrewCrew get swept, I am also looking at the Sweeper's, lol. That huge cushion last year was SOOOOOOOOOO nice.

Cubs now in 1st place. FYI, I don't look at winning pct. The only thing I care about is the loss column and Cubs are in front. Eat it Brewers.

so I'm prolly gonna get my head chewed off for this, but I have been running scenarios thru my head and down the line, if it comes down to a heated battle, I personally would rather see the Cubs face the Brewers vs Pirates this season. A LOT of baseball to go and I would love to get into 1st place first and then really decide...but as much as I want to see the BrewCrew get swept, I am also looking at the Sweeper's, lol. That huge cushion last year was SOOOOOOOOOO nice.

No removal by mastication of extremity above shoulders by me. :rotfl2:

Yep! You had to order a regular menu item for each $1 dog and neither of us had eaten all day so we split a salad( earned one $1 dog) ordered a dog (got another $1 dog)..DS had 2 hot dogs and salad/fries and I had 1 and salad.:thumbsup2
Psounds good to me. Hard to beat Portillo's.

KB still out, and probably is for the series (deja vu from his stomach flu one in STL) He hasn't had the greatest offense against Martinez so really, an OK situation for the most part (hopefully) HOWEVER...JHey has great numbers against Martinez and that may be why he is in LO over Zobie. Lets Pluck the Bird's, I personally , would LOVE a little Mother's DAY PAYBACK...I believe Robin is there bringing the DIS W vibe!

LET'S GO JAKE!
Chicago-Cubs-Jake-Arrieta-MLB-Picks.jpg

DFQ_eCvXYAA0EQD.jpg

KB still out, and probably is for the series (deja vu from his stomach flu one in STL) He hasn't had the greatest offense against Martinez so really, an OK situation for the most part (hopefully) HOWEVER...JHey has great numbers against Martinez and that may be why he is in LO over Zobie. Lets Pluck the Bird's, I personally , would LOVE a little Mother's DAY PAYBACK...I believe Robin is there bringing the DIS W vibe!

LET'S GO JAKE!
Chicago-Cubs-Jake-Arrieta-MLB-Picks.jpg

DFQ_eCvXYAA0EQD.jpg

Still not Watching, so keep the W streak alive for me!

well, I am actually glad I didn't get to see that..I heard it, but the visual would have been a bad flashback to 7/6 for my BDay game. Can we go back on the road please? I have to go back at least 5/6 years or more to remember getting trounced like this 3 times at Wrigley that close together. On the up side, I DO have to point out that we had 10 hits off of Martinez AND Willys bomb! Leaving the RISP from those said hits came back to haunt us tho. I *think* we left 7 stranded? Had they gotten in, guess who's bullpen doesn't have pressure on them? We gave STL a chance and they will always jump on it. Dex...man, he just makes it look s effortless. I was really hoping with Yadi out that we could take advantage as well. Schwarb's had a great catch, I watched the highlights,, he got air without using his bat!He also had 2 singles which is great ~, Riz with another RBI. Zobie another decent day and Jake? Not only pitched a great game, no walks, but gets 2 hits! Addie and Javy WERE having a decent game but those b2b K's with no outs hurt, like, a lot. That shifted the momentum immediately.Then Stropy struggling in the 7th, but he got out of it..it seemed like we were going to pull it off and then...Well, the thunderstorms arrived an hour too late. We prob had the W if Mother Nature was on time, lol. Silver lining is the Brewers lost again, but the UH-OH is the Pirate's are full steam ahead. I thought CO was going to take this first game, but they are currently losing , Bucco's7/Rockies 3. Only the 5th , so let's go 'Rado! Lot's of baseball left this second half, Let's get back UP!
45bae27fa44e26c77e8c963977b8142e.jpg

Hey Doc...does this mean you will allow yourself to watch again?

That loss is solely on the relief pitchers. I'm still flabbergasted. Hoping for some redemption tomorrow!

Come on back, Doc! It's not like that loss could have gotten much worse!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter