• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

Yep. And w 2 outs.
you just knew Thames was gonna walk off...B2B blown saves for Wade:scared: I jut hope the Rockies have any form of momentum left after losing 2 like that.

Side note, poor Dex fractured his left foot tonight against the Buccos. Hit a foul ball off the top of it, but kept playing an inning or so later he was running to first and it popped :eek::faint::scared:

you just knew Thames was gonna walk off...B2B blown saves for Wade:scared: I jut hope the Rockies have any form of momentum left after losing 2 like that.

Side note, poor Dex fractured his left foot tonight against the Buccos. Hit a foul ball off the top of it, but kept playing an inning or so later he was running to first and it popped :eek::faint::scared:
I was watching the end of the Milwaukee game online (just the play by play) and it was taking forever to get the third out. Then I saw that Thames got a HR and the score was 5-3. Darn.
Oh, and too bad about Dex. I saw that Joe was texting him during the whole incident at STL trying to help keep him positive.

Did you get the umbrella hat? And do you have bloody fingers from chewing your nails like I do? Darn, that was a nerve racking game. But we won. Thank you, Jesus.

Amen!

The hats were for the bleacher fans. And they needed them! It was warm in the sun. Supposed to be hotter today. Eeek!! And yes, it was quite the nail biter. Those games are fun... when you come out on the winning side!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
tenor.gif
What a W!!!!!!!!!!!
tumblr_oxfl0rway71rba8jeo1_500.gif

I wasn't able to watch, but heard some. Had to go to my MIL birthday when we were up 4-1. Got in the car later and heard it was a nail-biter!Happy you got the W for your BDay and what a B-E-A-YOOOOOO-tiful day!

Thanks, Fin! Hope your MIl had a great day too.

i hope you had a great time!

Hey! Guess where I am ...

Disneyland! I wore my Cubs gear today and got lots of compliments :).

Yay!! That’s a close second to Wrigley! Haha! I’m always amazed at the positive comments we get when we are wearing our Cubs stuff. Much love for the Cubs! Have fun!!

Hoping for a W today too! Come on Cubbies!

I was watching the end of the Milwaukee game online (just the play by play) and it was taking forever to get the third out. Then I saw that Thames got a HR and the score was 5-3. Darn.
Oh, and too bad about Dex. I saw that Joe was texting him during the whole incident at STL trying to help keep him positive.

That's awesome! I know they have a close bond but boy does that go to show it's real.

Okay, Kyle, let's get another win today. But no Bote, no Almora. That's just crazy. Happ is trying so hard to catch Diva Harper on number of SOs. He's only behind him by two now, instead of three. He strikes out 42% of the time.

The game started very exciting, got a little snoozy, and then turned into a bit of a will-they-or-won’t-they! Hated leaving the bases loaded in the 7th! Can’t believe we didn’t get even one run. Glad we didn’t need any more in the end. :scared:

Very excited to see two winning games this weekend! Home tomorrow. Back to reality.

How Angel Hernandez still has a job in the MLB is beyond me. Guy is an absolute joke!
absolute larceny behind the dish today..for BOTH sides. Inexscusable to quit before the 27th out and Riz had every right to lay into him. CB Bucknor, Joe West and Laz Diaz round out the what would be the worst crew in MLB history. I don't know how ANY of them have jobs other than they must have something golden on Rob Manfred

Last edited:
something pretty amazing to wash away the mood of that series:

credit to u/KTD45 on Reddit...this is so good!

In honor of Javy being called up 4 years ago today,, and sending his first homer out at Coor's!

Last edited:
Pedro theme every road trip. Do it! 9 strikes and 1 ball to end it!
41DV9duaRWL.jpg

64db7902ac716d0011c80bdcb14c0661.jpg

4th inning: I'm pretty sure El Mago dust sprinkled out of Javy's pocket on his massive 3rd strike and landed on the plate to induce that wild pitch to get Zo home with 2 outs to tie it.
Happ got himself a new hat tonight....:rolleyes1
p392278q.png

1 down, 2 to go.

Last edited:
Happ is only seven SOs away from leading the league. But the two leaders have 130-140 more at bats.

Tommy should be DH for the next two games. He's better than Schwarber. If we didn't need Zo's defense, he would be a good DH.

Happ is only seven SOs away from leading the league. But the two leaders have 130-140 more at bats.

Tommy should be DH for the next two games. He's better than Schwarber. If we didn't need Zo's defense, he would be a good DH.
Not sure what is going on with Happ~ that black hole tonight of Happ, Willy, Schwarb's was brutal. I guess better to clump them together than be rally killer's if spread out. With the schedule getting pretty rough after this series, the bats need to get hot and consistent. 3 runs is ok when you only give up 1 walk(& KC a low tsrike out team believe it or not)but lets face it, that won't be most games.

Great outing by Monty! 2.5 GAME LEAD!!!!!! Kinda worried about Zo hip issue tho..he has been invaluable. In the mean time, #EveryBoteIn:thumbsup2
usp_mlb__world_series-cleveland_indians_at_chicago_86375668.jpg

KB may have to fight Bote for 3rd base when he comes off the DL. And I hope they don't send Bote back down when KB does come off the DL. Surely there is someone else who can go like a pitcher or something.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter