• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

KB may have to fight Bote for 3rd base when he comes off the DL. And I hope they don't send Bote back down when KB does come off the DL. Surely there is someone else who can go like a pitcher or something.

Can Bote play any other position?

Well that wasn"t the birthday W my DS was hoping for..he wanted to celebrate with Rizzo . Painfully obvious no Zo means no runs.

Well that wasn"t the birthday W my DS was hoping for..he wanted to celebrate with Rizzo . Painfully obvious no Zo means no runs.
And Happ and Schwarber batting back to back isn't any help either. What the hell did Almora do to Joe or Theo to warrant sitting on the bench most of the time?

And Happ and Schwarber batting back to back isn't any help either. What the hell did Almora do to Joe or Theo to warrant sitting on the bench most of the time?
well it's not like AAJ is putting numbers on the board either these days. Anthony's hit off of Fillmyer somehow helped the guy instead of hurting him. The team looked like they had been out the night before celebrating #44 & #22 Bdays :rolleyes1(JHey's is today)

well it's not like AAJ is putting numbers on the board either these days. Anthony's hit off of Fillmyer somehow helped the guy instead of hurting him. The team looked like they had been out the night before celebrating #44 & #22 Bdays :rolleyes1(JHey's is today)
It's hard to grow your numbers if you don't get a chance to bat or play. His average is .299 right now. Happ's batting .237 and Schwarber is .243. Happ has the third most strike outs in the NL and with the fewest at bats of almost the entire list. Last time Almora started was Sunday and he got two hits and one run. Is Happ one of Theo's boys or what? Kind of like when Theo said Eddie Butler was staying on the DL until he got another team to take him. Almora should have been on the All Stars ballot instead of trying to find his name and write him in.

When we're watching the game on television, we play a game. We try to guess how many pitches it will take Happ to strike out and if it will be looking or swinging.

It's hard to grow your numbers if you don't get a chance to bat or play. His average is .299 right now. Happ's batting .237 and Schwarber is .243. Happ has the third most strike outs in the NL and with the fewest at bats of almost the entire list. Last time Almora started was Sunday and he got two hits and one run. Is Happ one of Theo's boys or what? Kind of like when Theo said Eddie Butler was staying on the DL until he got another team to take him. Almora should have been on the All Stars ballot instead of trying to find his name and write him in.

When we're watching the game on television, we play a game. We try to guess how many pitches it will take Happ to strike out and if it will be looking or swinging.
You have to remember Joe puts guys in for higher success situations..if he feels that days game suits Happ over AAJ he does it. That process is also what has allowed AAJ's numbers to be what they are. Schwarb's timing has been off basically since the home run derby. Addie hasn't connected for one past the infield since I don't know when. ALL of them are pressing and Happ not even looking b4 heading to 2nd on that wild throw last night was sad. I'd be good with less hot-dogging by AAJ and would pay for a bat that doesn't allow him to swing at every first pitch :rolleyes2. AAJ will see more time against the Nats, I just hope he does something with it.

Seems like everyone’s struggling w adjustments and maturing and slumping all at once.

Less power this year with supposedly smarter hitting a la Chili.

People trying to pull it less, opposite field it, but then messing up their instincts too.

JHey seems to have clicked it together for a relatively longer period.

Javy still instinctual in a more mature way.

With all these things to think about flying through their heads are they still not taking BP as much or have they returned to that? In 2015, 2016 it was the oft talked about Maddon story about less BP, but not sure if that’s changed.

with no game today and Cub withdrawl occurring, here's my TBT to Wrigley on my(56th :scared:) birthday last month with my favorite beer vendor, Goose

getPart

AACCCKKK! Sorry so big!:oops:

Player's Weekend nickname's :D

Cubs
Albert Almora Jr.: "TICO"
Anthony Bass: "FISH"
Javier Baez: "EL MAGO"
David Bote: "BOAT"
Kris Bryant: "KB"
Victor Caratini: "VIC"
Tyler Chatwood: "CHATTY"
Jesse Chavez: "DADO"
Steve Cishek: "SPEEDPASS"
Willson Contreras: "WILLY THE BEAST"
Yu Darvish: "YU-SAN"
Brian Duensing: "DEUCE"
Carl Edwards Jr.: "STRINGBEAN SLINGER"
Cole Hamels: "HOLLYWOOD"
Justin Hancock: "HERBIE"
Ian Happ: "HAPPER"
Kyle Hendricks: "HENDO"
Jason Heyward: "J-HEY"
Brandon Kintzler: "SALT"
Tommy La Stella: "LA STELLA"
Jon Lester: "LEFTHANDER"
Brandon Morrow: "B MO"
Mike Montgomery: "MONTY"
Jose Quintana: "LELO"
Anthony Rizzo: "TONY"
Randy Rosario: "PELO FINO"
Addison Russell: "ADDY"
Kyle Schwarber: "SCHWARBS"
Drew Smyly: "SMILES"
Pedro Strop: "STROPY"
Justin Wilson: "J WILLY"
Ben Zobrist: "ZORILLA"

A few changes on first glance. Lester finally got one, I recall he was “Lester” last year. Quintana was “Q”. Wilson extended his. I think Justin Wilson changed too.

And CJ. he had the best one before: “Carl’s Jr”.

The fact that they’re changing up seems like they’re loving it.

Well, as is the case once again, the DIS decided it no longer needed to notify me on this thread and I've been crazy busy, so I'm waaaaaay behind again. I think I've only been able to see maybe 5 games (and 2 of those were games here). :sad2: Okay no more lamenting my hectic life, but wanted to share something cool with y'all....

A buddy of mine took me to see a Rome Braves game (single A Braves farm team) last night. Looking through the program, I almost had a heart attack...

william_contreras.jpg

Even though I read William, my mind said Willson. I was like, what the heck??? What happened, when did he get traded and sent down to minor leagues.

Then I notices what I actually read.
Then I had several thoughts.
They look a lot alike.
Their parents really liked anything to do with "Will" obviously. I wonder if they have a sister Willamena or something.
Wouldn't it be cool to get his autograph and then Willson's on the 30th?

Well, turns out he was called up to the next higher team down in FL (still single A, but higher caliber single A). Maybe if he gets up to AAA, I can go see him because that's the Gwinnett Braves (about 50-60 min away depending on traffic).

Wouldn't it be cool if he makes it to the bigs and gets traded to the Cubbies?

I was at today’s game. What a disaster out of Lester :(. I go t know what’s wrong with him, but I hope things turn around soon. I could feel his frustration all the way up in my seats. The highlight of the game was Rizzo’s 1000th hit.

B09B43A9-9602-4146-BC57-559556C689B8.jpeg

There were a pair of jerky Nats fans in front of me that refused to stand and clap for him.

What a weird pitching match it was today. It was the opposite of a bull pen game ... it was a starter game! De La Rosa, Monty & Chatty all pitched in relief. All 3 were great. I’ll take Chatty’s 3 innings despite the hits and walks.

My daughter took one of her boys to the game today for his birthday.

IMG950116_zpsdcuvfmyv.jpg
HOW is Natalie's baby this big already? He's gonna break some hearts for sure, Dan. Wish he could have seen a better outcome but Rizzo's 1,000 is pretty cool! The Championship hardware looks good on him :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter