Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

I remember walking on the school roof by climbing up a snow drift after the Jan 1967 blizzard. We got stuck in the snow in our school bus and didn't get home until we were rescued by a snow plow around midnight.
Ya know, I have enough nightmares, y'all don't need to add to them. :lmao:

I missed the ‘67 blizzard. I was living California and starting my Mickey Mouse love by visiting Disneyland.

I do remember the ‘79 blizzard though.

Bundle up everyone! Sadly, it’s only a high of 64 here today. Shorts or pants? My morning pondering.

I missed the ‘67 blizzard. I was living California and starting my Mickey Mouse love by visiting Disneyland.

Bundle up everyone! Sadly, it’s only a high of 64 here today. Shorts or pants? My morning pondering.

Only 64???? That's just mean.

I just remembered why I like living in the south. Ha! I like snow but not THAT much.

It’s 22 (feels like 16) with a high of 48. Sounds good to me.

This Monday is the Brass Nuts :crazy2: motorcycle ride - my hubs is praying for ice or snow so they cancel. Not looking like that’s going to happen- just a high in the 20s. Glad it’s him and not me!:rolleyes1

Enjoy Disney and those temps, Robin!

DO try to survive the horrors of it all Robin :rotfl: Capri's appear to be a happy medium for your dilemma. Have a blast on your trip..many NYE events/fireworks are getting cancelled due to the weather, good to know WDW will be ringing in 2018 with their usual festive fireworks!

I just remembered why I like living in the south. Ha! I like snow but not THAT much.

It’s 22 (feels like 16) with a high of 48. Sounds good to me.

This Monday is the Brass Nuts :crazy2: motorcycle ride - my hubs is praying for ice or snow so they cancel. Not looking like that’s going to happen- just a high in the 20s. Glad it’s him and not me!:rolleyes1

Enjoy Disney and those temps, Robin!
He does know that brass gets very cold right? I don't think that's what they had in mind when they named the ride, but if the shoe fits....

When I was stationed at the Pentagon, I used to ride all through the winter (as long as there wasn't snow or ice on the road). I had a snowmobile suit and gauntlets, though (and a windshield and fairing). I think my days of riding in 22 degree weather are done.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY THEO!!!!!!!!
maxresdefault.jpg

Go on a bender to celebrate~
images

then got us some pitching!

Wade Davis has signed with the Colorado Rockies. Landed a huge deal~ good for him! I liked him a lot and will miss him. All I saw when he took the mound was Clint Eastwood . Happy Trails, Wade~ Thanks for all you did as a Cub! (and we get a draft pick)

giphy.gif

Jon Heyman‏Verified account @JonHeyman
the wade davis deal with colorado is a record annual salary for a reliever at $17.33M. aroldis chapman got $17.2M on yankees deal.

Last edited:
Well, well, well. The Arrieta saga is getting a little rivalry fuel. I honestly think if 4 years becomes the realistic #, the Brewers a/o Ranger's would be back in the mix :confused3. I am just hoping to hear the name Arrieta or Cobb at the Cubs Convention next weekend~ Darvish gives me J. Wilson anxiety.

M@ Spiegel‏Verified account @MattSpiegel670
Our @MLBBruceLevine just told us it's Cubs or Cards for Jake Arrieta, with neither team budging at a 4 year maximum. Boras wanted 6 years in November. The odd FA market continues to bring Arrieta/Darvish terms back into the Cubs wheelhouse

Well, well, well. The Arrieta saga is getting a little rivalry fuel. I honestly think if 4 years becomes the realistic #, the Brewers a/o Ranger's would be back in the mix :confused3. I am just hoping to hear the name Arrieta or Cobb at the Cubs Convention next weekend~ Darvish gives me J. Wilson anxiety.

M@ Spiegel‏Verified account @MattSpiegel670
Our @MLBBruceLevine just told us it's Cubs or Cards for Jake Arrieta, with neither team budging at a 4 year maximum. Boras wanted 6 years in November. The odd FA market continues to bring Arrieta/Darvish terms back into the Cubs wheelhouse

I saw mention of this yesterday. It will be interesting to see where he ends up.

Rene Rivera signs with the Angels.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/01/angels-sign-rene-rivera.html

I really liked him and was quite happy when we got him from the Mets. Seeing him hit his first GS as a Cub (against the Braves)was crazy cool and like all big plays last season, kept us hanging in there to make the playoffs. I was hoping the Cubs would re-sign him as he seems like a great fit &Willy still needs a lot of guidance on his framing skills :rolleyes1 Guess we will see if Avila stays? With the Convention this weekend, I am hoping announcements happen.

Yes, yes he is! He did NOT like making that double error at the end of last season~quite the motivator. What he is accomplishing after his injury is nothing short of amazing. GO KYLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If he keeps it up, he'll be someone they can really use all over the place. Go, Schwarbs. I wasn't sure you would be back with the Cubs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter