Child's AP and reservation??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpeltier

Mouseketeer
Hi,
We have a reservation in my husband's name.We have the AP rate. Can I buy a child's AP for my daughter and use it at check-in or does the AP have to be in my husband's name?

I am on the phone right now with Harriett and she is telling me that it can be a childs AP for the AP discount even if the room is in another name... I have asked her 3 times if this is okay and she has reassured me it is!!!

I did it so I know it can be done. This may have changed since last year but I doubt it. I called the other day for something else but asked them while I had them on the phone and they did indeed confirm it. You might want to get that in writing though!

Okay so make that 4 times I asked her... Just don't want anything to go wrong when I arrive!

I would be very surprised if they even asked you to show it at the resort. We have had APs forever, and stayed, using the discounts almost every time, at WDW resorts at least twice a year and have never been asked to show proof. I had heard on the DIS that they were cracking down and checking everyone starting this year, but we stayed at AKL last month and again, were not asked to show it. Enjoy your trip!!!

I realize that a child's AP costs less than an adult's, but I'd want the person in my family most likely to use it to have it. A mom or dad might make a solo or adults-only trip to WDW, but a child would not. In order to get the Disney Dining Experience card with the $25 AP discount, the member has to be 21 or older.

NancyIL said:
I realize that a child's AP costs less than an adult's, but I'd want the person in my family most likely to use it to have it. A mom or dad might make a solo or adults-only trip to WDW, but a child would not. In order to get the Disney Dining Experience card with the $25 AP discount, the member has to be 21 or older.

Right but if the family plans on going together a lot then a child's AP is just fine. I have APs for all of us but am not interested in the DDE so it wouldn't matter to me if I had the DDE or not.

I have always understood that Guest Services is a higher level than CRO. I am under this impression because when CRO puts you on hold to verify information, they contact Guest Services.

I sent an email to Guest Services asking the same question (just this week) and here was the reply I received.

Hope it helps.....

3/8/05

My question:
Hello, I have a few questions about annual passes, please. My family and I are considering a vacation to Walt Disney World. We were also considering an annual pass.

1. If we choose to use the AP to get an available discount on our resort stay, does the pass have to be in the name of the person who is booking the room or just one of the guests on the reservation?

2. If the only requirement is that is must be one of the guests on the reservation, can it be a child?

Thank you

Guest Services Reply:
Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World. Resort.

In response to question 1: The person who is the Annual Pass holder can book up to three rooms and must be staying in one of the accommodations in order to extend the discount to all who are traveling.

In response to question 2: Our Pass holder discount is mainly focused for paying Adults. At this time the Pass holder must be 18+ of age.

bytheblood said:
I have always understood that Guest Services is a higher level than CRO. I am under this impression because when CRO puts you on hold to verify information, they contact Guest Services.

I sent an email to Guest Services asking the same question (just this week) and here was the reply I received.

Hope it helps.....

3/8/05

My question:
Hello, I have a few questions about annual passes, please. My family and I are considering a vacation to Walt Disney World. We were also considering an annual pass.

1. If we choose to use the AP to get an available discount on our resort stay, does the pass have to be in the name of the person who is booking the room or just one of the guests on the reservation?

2. If the only requirement is that is must be one of the guests on the reservation, can it be a child?

Thank you

Guest Services Reply:

In response to question 1: The person who is the Annual Pass holder can book up to three rooms and must be staying in one of the accommodations in order to extend the discount to all who are traveling.

In response to question 2: Our Pass holder discount is mainly focused for paying Adults. At this time the Pass holder must be 18+ of age.

Bytheblood - congrats - that was your 1000th post!

Now see Harriett never told me that the DDE cardmember has to be 21 nor at anytime say they had to be over 18???????

Yes it is true to get the DDE you have to be over 21 because you receive discounts on alcholic beverages and therefore need to be 21.

I was told by 2 CMs when I booked for our Spring break trip that it had to be an adult AP. If you can get it in writing saying that it's okay for it to be a child's AP, then go for it. It sounds like from bytheblood's post that it may be difficult to do that now. I went ahead and bought 1 adult AP because I didn't want to have to pay rack rate at check in. I'm still coming out ahead of the game.

Dang I wish they could get their stories straight... I just called again and spoke with a nice CM that couldn't answer the age question for DDE and AP so he asked his supervisor and they didn't know for sure. DDE is closed so nothing I can do until I talk to them tomorrow and if there is an age limit I will have to then call Ticketing myself to get my AP thing figured out!

doodlebug said:
I am on the phone right now with Harriett and she is telling me that it can be a childs AP for the AP discount even if the room is in another name... I have asked her 3 times if this is okay and she has reassured me it is!!!

I talked to CRO today and two seperate people told me you COULDN't use the child's AP to get the discount... I couldn't believe it, since I've read differently.

However, I'd go with what Guest Services is saying, since they do seem to be the authority.

Good luck!

Well, the name on the DDE card has to equal the name on the AP and they ask for ID when you use the DDE (at least they have with me) (And DDE checks, they will ask for the AP number before issuing you a DDE) I have also heard that if you pay with a CC or room key they verify the names match. I think that if you want DDE you need an adult AP to go with it.

doodlebug said:
Now see Harriett never told me that the DDE cardmember has to be 21 nor at anytime say they had to be over 18???????

Well, since the AP holder is the one ordering the DDE card and charging it to their credit card, and is also able to get a card for their spouse....it makes sense that the AP holder has to be over the age of 9! ;)

NancyIL said:
Well, since the AP holder is the one ordering the DDE card and charging it to their credit card, and is also able to get a card for their spouse....it makes sense that the AP holder has to be over the age of 9! ;)

That's why I asked Harriett 4 times if it was okay because I wasn't sure and I thought someone at Disney would have the right answer

Guest Services Reply:

Yours is written totally different from mine. Mine is totally canned. I'll be holding onto mine for sure.

Can you please PM the name of the person who wrote yours? I'd like to respond to it since my letter is different, wiht a different answer.. Interesting that the AP website doesn't have those requirements, and different things are being told to different people. Yours is the first guest services note I've ever seen responde to like that. They also answered you quickly..in one day. I'm impressed. Mine took over a week, and I got yet another survey today to see how they did. Well, if they are going to start giving out different info, then they didn't do so well.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter