Child's AP and reservation??????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just fired off another letter to guest services about using a child's AP. I told her I hadn't even filled out the "how did we do" survey from the last time I asked this question, and here I am getting the same question clarified...for the third time LOL.
I still would like the person who signed yours though, in case my new one is different. I'll post either way when I hear back, although I generally don't hear back for several days to a week.

DMRick said:
Yours is written totally different from mine. Mine is totally canned. I'll be holding onto mine for sure.

Can you please PM the name of the person who wrote yours? I'd like to respond to it since my letter is different, wiht a different answer.. Interesting that the AP website doesn't have those requirements, and different things are being told to different people. Yours is the first guest services note I've ever seen responde to like that. They also answered you quickly..in one day. I'm impressed. Mine took over a week, and I got yet another survey today to see how they did. Well, if they are going to start giving out different info, then they didn't do so well.
Thanks.

Rick - Here is the full thing......

Dear XXXXXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World. Resort.

In response to question 1: The person who is the Annual Pass holder can book up to three rooms and
must be staying in one of the accommodations in order to extend the discount to all who are
traveling.

In response to question 2: Our Pass holder discount is mainly focused for paying Adults. At this
time the Pass holder must be 18+ of age.

Sincerely,

Kearly Velez

WDW Online Communications

Thank you. I'll wait until I hear back and if mine is different from yours, I'll give the name of the person who wrote you. If it's the same, I'll give the name of the people who wrote the first two to me. I'd like to know just what is going on, and why different answers are being given.
I already got a note from them saying they got the email, and usually I hear several days later and then get a follow up phone call. I've noticed lately that letters people are getting are way different from the usual. Especially a strange one about reusing mugs last week.
In any case, I can't wait to see what my response will be, since it will be the third time I've written now LOL..heck, and I have an adult AP.

Some DISNEY DINING EXPERIENCE info:
Must be 21 years of age or older.
Members receive a 20% discount on all food and beverage (including alcohol) for up to 10 people at participating table-service Disney restaurants.
Discount applies to member's check only.
One Disney Dining card per table.
Two cards cannot be combined.
Member must be present to receive discount.

Luv2Roam said:
Some DISNEY DINING EXPERIENCE info:
Must be 21 years of age or older.
Members receive a 20% discount on all food and beverage (including alcohol) for up to 10 people at participating table-service Disney restaurants.
Discount applies to member's check only.
One Disney Dining card per table.
Two cards cannot be combined.
Member must be present to receive discount.

Thanks for posting this.. Can you tell me where you got this? Is it on your DDE card or info you received from them... Guess I need to call ticketing early this morning and get them to change my AP from a child to an adult

I e-mailed guest services earlier this year with the same question and was told in no uncertain terms that the AP holder COULD be a child. It was stated in the e-mail that as long she on the ressie (but does not have to be the person actually making the ressie), we can use a child AP at check-in. If I use an AP rate for a room at WDW, I will print out the e-mail and take it with me at check-in.
Do you think that would be sufficient to get the AP rate at check-in?

I would love to hear from anyone that actually did use the child's AP and was turned away on check in or told they had to go and purchase the adult pass. Most likely this has never happened. It seems that the majority of the time the CMs are not even asking to see anyone's AP pass/voucher etc.

I know I asked this very question a few years ago and was told by CRO that a child's AP was fine to book the rate. I think everyone is getting worked up too much over this. If for some reason, you end up needing an adult AP when you arrive(because the front desk had told you they can not honor the AP rate you booked without seeing your adult AP) they go to the nearest park and buy the AP. They are not going to revoke your rate immediately! I've had this happen with a AAA discount (not at Disney,though). I did not have my AAA card on hand when I checked in and they just asked me to come back to the front desk and show it to them when I got it (it was in the car).

Relaaaax...its supposed to be a vacation.

Depending on who one talks to, it seems that a child's AP HAS been accepted to get the AP rate. However, an adult with an AP has to be the one requesting the Disney Dining Experience card. If you're buying only one AP for your family, and you're interested in the DDE card, and/or you might return to WDW without the child - get an adult AP.

Okay I just spent at least 30 minutes on the phone switching my child ap for an adult ap and then having to call somewhere else to switch my MYMW tickets around too!!! Dang that was a whole lot of hassle just to get the DDE card and wish I had gone with my gut and just done it the way I thought in the first place and not listened to the CM.. Oh well it's all taken care of and now I just have to wait for my voucher so I can order my DDE

Just an update. I haven't heard back from guest services yet. I didn't really expect to, since it usually takes about a week or more, whenever I've emailed them in the past, but I had higher hopes, since the other gal heard the very next day. Once I hear, I'll post their letter.

I'd go with getting an adult AP. A good airfare and you might wind up taking no children weekend trip. DDE is probably a good deal for many guests.

I've never been asked to show my AP when I check in. There is so much conflicting information that I don't see anyway you wouldn't be able to use a child's AP. Now if you sent an email, got a no child's ap reply and someone decided to add that to your reservation file all bets are off.

OK, So I just got off the phone with CRO. I talked a really nice man named Hamil. He absolutely insisted that a childs AP was fine. He read me text that said ": An AP holder must be traveling with the party booking the rooms." According to him no where stated in anything he could find does it specify it must be an adult pass. I asked 4 or 5 different ways and he insisted that Disney doesn't care as long the AP holder is traveling with the party. He said they don't care who pays for the room as long as "an AP holder is traveling with the party". I told him there was some conflicting info out there and he said he wasn't surprised to hear about that. He said that if it was a firm policy that the AP holder be an adult then he is sure Disney would be having the CRO agents give that disclaimer at the time of booking to avoid any problems that would upset their guests at a later date. The one piece of advice he did give me was " for your own piece of mind" you could call the resort you are staying at directly and ask them since that is where the final decision will be made.

It seems to be the discrepancy may be between the "spirit" of the policy (must be an adult) vs. the actual written policy as it exists right now. I have a feeling if it becomes more common they will simply rewrite policy, but as of now it seems they haven't. I am going to call WL now. I will let you know what they say...

Well, I just asked the front desk at WL and she told me as long as my son is traveling with us that his AP is all we need to secure the AP rate.

seanmci:
I was quoted the identical info. earlier this year in an e-mail from guest services (as long as AP holder is with the party, it can be a child).
Suzy V.

riu girl said:
seanmci:
I was quoted the identical info. earlier this year in an e-mail from guest services (as long as AP holder is with the party, it can be a child).
Suzy V.

After crunching more numbers the savings looks to be less than $100. So I think I will get the AP in my name... Maybe it will make it easier to get my wife to go for a long weekend getaway later in the year! This is a sickness. We haven't even left for our May trip and I am worried about the chance to talk my wife into another one. Oh boy... :confused3

Is it possible to purchase an AP after you get there? This way you can asked the CM if a child AP can be used and then go purchase the correct AP. Better yet, will the CM allow you to check-in and show proof of AP later in your stay, before you check-out?

I was told several times to that a child's AP was just fine and that is great but if you are planning on ordering the DDE card along with you AP it must be an adult because to order the DDE card the AP holder needs to be over 18 years of age.. If you aren't going to order the DDE card for dinning discount then you are just fine getting the Child's AP

the email address for Guest Services as I would like to get this Child AP issue settled and in an email before I do it!

please let me know and thanks!

Kapp

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter